Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sathish

Send Keys to Forms (Panels) created in VB

3 posts in this topic

Hi Forum,

I have created a VB.net Program in which i have used two panels,

The panels contain two text editors (Editor1, Editor2) in each panel,

I have created 2 buttons in between the panels (1. Save Editor1, 2. Save Editor2),

My requirement is if i click the button (1.Save Editor 1), it shud send CTRL+S to the panel 1 which contains Editor 1, and the same with Editor 2,

The Editor 1 is nothing but notepad++ text editor, i tried to send keys to notepad++ when it opened outside my VBform created Window, it works fine, but if i cal notepad++ inside my VB form, my autoit script not sending keys to the notepad++, i dont know what is the problem, i googled a lot about it, but of no use,

I tried to send keys from VB.net itself and that also failing, please guide me

My Autoit script

Winactivate ("[class:notepad++]")
sleep(500)
Winwaitactive("[class:notepad++]")
ControlSend("[class:notepad++]", "", "", "^{s}")

I have attached the screenshot of my VB.net created form

Thanks & Regards

Sathish V.

post-69004-0-97253000-1375507208_thumb.j

We need to send Ctrl+S combination to the window. Using Send("^s") for this instead of ControlSend() could work.

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

ControlSend should work just fine, you just have your characters to send written wrong, use "^s" instead of "^{s}".

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• dilligence
      By dilligence
      Hello everyone,
      I could use some help with the following: 
      I'm a speech recognition user and recently I've started to use AutoIt for additional scripting because sometimes it works faster. 
      I would like to create an AutoIt script that will open the Chrome link on my desktop which is a a symbolic link, so that the Chrome cache is on my Ram drive:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disk-cache-dir="A:\Browser Cache"
      Next I want to send the website address, in this case: https://autochords.com/ (with SendKeys) to the address bar.
      Then another SendKeys to send Enter.
      I want to use this script when I'm working on my girlfriend's computer, where speech recognition isn't installed.
      I could use ShellExecute ("Chrome", "https://autochords.com/") but then it won't run via my ram drive.
      I am a Dragon NaturallySpeaking user. The program has a scripting language similar to VBA. In Dragon the command is as follows:
      HeardWord "open","chrome" ; HeardWord acts as if I literally said "open Chrome" this command opens any desktop shortcut no matter which window I'm working in.
      Wait 1500 
      SendKeys "https://autochords.com/"
      SendKeys "{Enter}"; these last three lines are similar to AutoIt language I think.....
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Rob

• xuzo
      By xuzo
      I need to populate my website, and I use {tab}{tab}{tab}{tab} to get to the fields and then fill them with text.
      But I find it a unreliable, is there a way to "Paste" text in all the fields in one shot?
      A little like password managers like Roboform and Last Pass do?
      I there a way to target the field from it's html handle?

• BobSherman
      By BobSherman
      I am attempting to enter the logon ID and password into the form below and submit it.
      But, I am experiencing an error in IE.au3 whether I use _IEAction to submit a click (which does submit the form) or _IEFormSubmit (which does not submit the form before it errors out).
      The form seems rather simple:
      <form method="post" action="logon_submit.php">
                             <input type="hidden" name="visit" value="sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH">
      <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" cellspacing="0">
                          <tr>
                            <td valign=top><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">
                                <tr>
                                  <td align="Right"><b>Username: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                                  <td width="80%"><input type="TEXT" name="user" style="width: 90%;">
                                  </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                  <td align="Right"><b>Password: <span class="style1">*</span></b></td>
                                  <td><input type="password" name="pass" style="width: 90%;">
                                  </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                  <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                                  <td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit Form">
                                  </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                  <td align="Right">&nbsp;</td>
                                  <td><a href="resetpw.php?visit=sRhvMItOu1hNV_y9t4iB7xhns2UJ0pUIYmpJyy3CivjvGYv0ST1QHY40QP9H5UPTqonadminkin_65dvtXxSIXDPwyFFI6WPVQFmgFtba8vW3OH" class=white>Forgot your password ?</a></td>
                                </tr>
                              </table>
                                <p>&nbsp;</p>
                            </td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                      </form>

My function to perform the logon is:

Func StartUp()
         _IELinkClickByText ( $oIE, "Log On" )
         Sleep(2000)
         Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE)
         Local $iNumberOfForms = @extended
         For $iForm = 0 To $iNumberOfForms - 1
           $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, $iForm)
           Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm)
           Local $iNumberOfFormElements = @extended
           For $iElement = 0 to $iNumberOfFormElements - 1
               Local $oFormElement = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, $iElement )
               If $oFormElement.name = 'user' Then
                  _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oformElement, "xxxxx", 0)
               elseif $oFormElement.name = "pass" Then
                  _IEFormElementSetValue ( $oFormElement, "yyyyy", 0)
                  ; Sleep for 2 seconds.
                  Sleep(2000)
                  Local $oSubmit = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Submit")
                  _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
                  Sleep(3000)
               EndIf
            Next
         Next
      EndFunc

After the submission of the form completes and goes to the next page I'm getting the following error as a popup from AutoIt:

Line 970 (File "D\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3"):
      Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject.elements.length
      Case $iIndex > -1 And $iIndex < $oObject^ ERROR
      Error: The requested actions with this object has failed.

It's hard to imagine that such a simple form is causing so many problems.
      Any help would be appreciated.

• trampjuicerocks
      By trampjuicerocks
      You get a full set of results in the webpage - as intended. (The search form part of the code works fine) then you do a _IEloadWait after the _IEAction form Submit.
      But nothing changes in the AutoIt HTML.
      Ok - Found Solution. I mean this must be a common problem.
      Use _IEAttach("Title page")
      That will wait for the results properly. And you can now access them in code.
    • monarch684
      By monarch684
      I need to input text and submit a form that popups.  Here is what I got so far but it is not working.
      ; Find Phone Popup $pIE = WinGetTitle("[Active]") $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($pIE,"phoneFindListForm") $oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "searchField0") _IEAction($oSelect, "focus") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "numplan.dnorpattern") When this runs I get the following error.
      IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEAction(focus), $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEFormElementOptionSelect, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEAction(focus), $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType --> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEFormElementOptionSelect, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType I am thinking my issue is getting the _IEFormGetObjByName() correct and the rest of the script will work.  Once the form is submitted the focus should go back to the original form.