HotKeySet("#{F4}", "_exit") ; Win + F4 to exit

GUICreate("", 300, 300)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

WEnd

Func _exit()
Do
$Pass = InputBox ("Password", "Please enter your password", "", "*M")
WinSetOnTop($Pass,'', 1)
$Split = StringSplit ($Pass, "")
If $Split[0] Then
$ConfirmPass = "secret"
If $Pass <> $ConfirmPass Then MsgBox (48, "Error", "Passwords do not match!!")
EndIf
Until $Pass = $ConfirmPass
If $ConfirmPass Then
SplashTextOn( "Closing", "Closing without sending email", 300, 50)
Sleep(3000)
Exit
EndIf
EndFunc ;==> _exit

The gui opens fine however when I go to close the gui (#+F4) and press the cancel button, on the inputbox, it gives me the following error:

C:UsersAdminDesktopTest.au3 (25) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:

Until $Pass = $ConfirmPass

Until $Pass = ^ Error

What am I doing wrong? I have some screenshots if they will help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Grimm

Melba23

grimmlock,

And why are you surprised? You only ever define the $ConfirmPass variable inside the If $Split[0] Then loop - if you press "Cancel" then you do not enter that loop and so the variable in undeclared. ;)

Just add Local $ConfirmPass as you enter the function and it will not error. :)

I would also suggest deleting the WinOnTop line. An InputBox is blocking and so the script does not proceed until you close it - at which point the WinOnTop command makes no sense. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

grimmlock

You Rock!  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help!

Grimm

Thanks

Grimm

Melba23

grimmlock,

My pleasure. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

grimmlock

Quick question regarding this inputbox, can you center the text of the Inputbox, see screenshot.

Thanks,

Grimm

post-76479-0-39716100-1384801556_thumb.p

Thanks

Grimm

Melba23

grimmlock,

I believe the InputBox is produced by an API call (like MsgBox) and so you cannot do much with it beyond the parameters listed in the Help file. Of course you could always write your own dialog - then you can customise it as much as you want. Look at my ExtMsgBox UDF for some ideas of how you might go about it. :)

M23

Spoiler

grimmlock

Sweet thanks  :D

Grimm

Thanks

Grimm