Sign in to follow this  
GeekIT

want control on top of "ENABLED" image

Hi coders, is it possible to put a control on top of an image

and have the control still usable?

in the help it says that you need to disable the image but i want to use a context menu and

some event monitoring on the image so it must be enabled..

thanks in advance  :)

GeekIT,

If you overlap active controls then as AutoIt cannot determine which control you meant to action it fires neither. Could you not split the image and have it in sections around the control? :huh:

If that is not possible there is a UDF from Malkey somewhere which reacts when a certain area is clicked without needing a control - I will see if I can find it. :)

M23

Edit: Found it. :)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

GeekIT,

If you overlap active controls then as AutoIt cannot determine which control you meant to action it fires neither. Could you not split the image and have it in sections around the control? :huh:

If that is not possible there is a UDF from Malkey somewhere which reacts when a certain area is clicked without needing a control - I will see if I can find it. :)

M23

Edit: Found it. :)

thanks for the quick reply!

can't autoit work with layered controls?

e.g. if i click on lets say an edit on top of an image then activate the edit, else use the image at the background?

GeekIT,

can't autoit work with layered controls?

Read what I posted above. If active controls overlap then as AutoIt cannot read your mind it refuses to action either. It is a common problem on the forum - usually caused by labels being too large and overlapping other controls. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

GeekIT,

Read what I posted above. If active controls overlap then as AutoIt cannot read your mind it refuses to action either. It is a common problem on the forum - usually caused by labels being too large and overlapping other controls. :)

M23

yes i saw your reply, i mean it's just a bit unfortunate that autoit can't decide that without further complex coding, well, i guess i have to use that udf you gave me then.

thanks for the help, i'm not going to mark this treat solved yet... maybe other people have some more suggestions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I'm working on a project in which I have to use Image recognition technique. 
      Due to client restrictions, I couldn't use AutoIt for this project. 
      Is there a way to use this DLL "ImageSearchDLL.dll" (which is used to do image recognition steps in AutoIt) in VB.Net to achieve the same result? 
      I have used this DLL few years before and got good results. If there is a latest version of this DLL and if you can share it, that will be helpful too.
      Any guidance is deeply appreciated.
    • By shelly
      Here is the below code for handling pop-up when window is  inactive ..but I don't know how to change sleep and when i run this script it runs sometimes and sometimes it stops .
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")
      --- these 3 lines never worked while TAB lines works sometimes but not in accurate way
      I am new too AutoIt .. help me out why this script behaves in strange way
      ControlFocus("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","1")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog", "", "Internet Explorer_Server1","the request is send")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{TAB}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{SPACE}")
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{DOWN}")
      Sleep(3000)
      ControlSend("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","","Internet Explorer_Server1","{ENTER}")

• By amosrinat
      Hi,
      i have an AutoIT script that sends emails with two embedded images.
      When users get the email they don't see the images. How should I fix my code?
      Thank you for your support,
      Amos
      Func fSendMail() $TemplateName = StringRegExpReplace($Template, "^.*\\|\..*$", "") $SmtpServer = "smtp.**.com" $FromName = "do-not-reply@*********" $FromAddress = "do-not-reply@******" $ToAddress = $MG1_Mgr & ";"& $Owner $Subject = "ACTION REQUIRED - " & $TemplateName $Body = $sBody5 $IPPort = 25 $ssl = 0 Global $oMyRet[2] Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") $rc = fINetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $IPPort, $ssl) If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf EndFunc;fSendMail Func fINetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0) Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 Local $i_Error_desciption = "" $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update $objEmail.Fields.Update ;$objEmail.Send **************** If @error Then MyErrFunc() EndIf $objEmail = "" EndFunc;fINetSmtpMailCom  
    • By coronatuss
      Hello everyone,
      Im developing an script to check the size of all .jpg stored in windows folder.
      The problem is that it doesn´t work properly with rotated images. 
      With _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth() and _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()  I get the Width and Height of images as if they had not been rotated, and I need to know how they are rotated (orientation and grades).
      Any help is welcome! If more info is needed, please tell. 😁
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please i've a question for you.
      am creating a audio player
      and in this audio player i want to show the current trac info
      such as the total time and the position ... etc
      i know i can show it as label
      but the screen reader for the blind read the text every change
      because it have a screen scan
      what i want is to show this informations but such image or icon
      i mean i need to create
      GUICtrlCreatepic or GUICtrlCreateicon ....
      or some thing as that
      and show this informations as image on it
      i think that i can do that with the 
      _GDIPlus functions
      but i couldn't find the currect way to do it
      i tried the _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawString
      but i couldn't know how it work
      what i need is a small example that create a GUI
      and add a multy line text to it as graphic or image.
      so i need a simple way because it will changed every sec
      i hope any one can help me to do that
      global $GUI = GUICreate("text", 400, 400) global $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel(GetText(), 10, 10, 380, 380) GUISetState() do sleep(100) until GUIGetMSG() = -3 exit func GetText() return StringFormat("file name is test.mp3 \r\n total time is 00:30:00 \r\n position is 00:05:50") endFunc