Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyS01

Conditional user context menu contents

17 posts in this topic

I want to create a user context menu that's different for .au3 files than it is for .js files but I cannot get the "if" part to work.

I tried modifying the SciTEUser.properties file with these lines:
user.context.menu=||xxx Def|1138|xxx Ref|1139|xxx Del|

if $Language = "au3"
   user.context.menu=||$(au3) Def|1138|$(Language) Ref|1139|AU3 Del|
if $Language - "cpp"
   user.context.menu=||$(au3) Def|1138|$(Language) Ref|1139|AU3 Del|
But this doesn't work. I always see the first menu (xxx) when I right click in either the .au3 file or the .js file.

Not sure where you got these "If $language" statements from, but I think the "user.context.menu" isn't configurable per lexer.

It probably could be done via a LUA function.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I just made those up - it's pseudo code.  So if there's no way to configure a conditional menu, I'll have to do it in LUA.  The LUA code shouldn't be a problem, but how do I spring it?  Is there a hook I can put in so my LUA code runs at the time I do the right click to bring up the context menu?

I'd do something like this:

user.context.menu = "def-D|111|ref-D|222|del-D|333|"
if lexer.language = "au3" then  user.context.menu = "def-A|111|ref-A|222|del-A|333|"
if lexer.language = "cpp" then  user.context.menu = "def-C|111|ref-C|222|del-C|333|"

Just to get you started: Edit  PersonalTools.LUA in your %USERPROFILE$ directory and add this for demo:

function PersonalTools:OnStartup()
    if self:IsLexer(SCLEX_AU3) then
        print("AutoIt3 lexer.")
        props['user.context.menu'] = "def-A|111|ref-A|222|del-A|333|"
    else
        print("Other lexer.")
        props['user.context.menu'] = ""
    end
end

Have fun,

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

OK, I removed the user.context.menu from the SciTEUser.properties file, then I created a file called C:UsersAndyPersonalTools.LUA.  In it, I put your code, then restarted the editor.

Nothing changed, I still get the default menu

Is there a configuration I have to make so the editor parses the PersonalTools.LUA file?

I completely uninstalled SciTE4Autoit3 and reinstalled it, but I still have the default user context menu.

The SciTE4Autoit3 that I downloaded was 14.01.22.21 and after installing it, the Help About reported Version 3.3.7 Dec 12 2013 20:45:19

Is there something else I need to do?

Wait! After I rebooted, I started getting the following error:

C:\Users\Andy\PersonalTools.lua:1: attempt to index global 'PersonalTools' (a nil value)
>Lua: error occurred while loading startup script
Here is the contents on the C:UsersAndyPersonalTools.lua file:
        print("AutoIt3 lexer.")
        props['user.context.menu'] = "def-A|111|ref-A|222|del-A|333|"
    else
        print("Other lexer.")
        props['user.context.menu'] = "def-B|111|ref-B|222|del-B|333|"
    end
end

If I cleared the contents of the C:UsersAndyPersonalTools.lua file, and moved the lines that were between the 'function' line and the last 'end' line, to the beginning of the "AutoItTools:OnStartup()" function in the C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTELUAAutoITTools.lua file, the code works!

However, editing files in the C:Program Files directory violates the UAC rules, so I need to find out why the PersonalTools object is a 'nil' value so I can safely put my function there.

BTW:  I put other functions in the PersonalTools.lua file that use other objects (like AutoItTools:addConsoleWriteStr()), and the worked OK.  It's just functions that use the PersonalTools objects that cause the error.

That got me further, thank you

I loaded a .au3 file and a .js file and at startup I got this error:
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Lua\Common.lua:20: Editor pane is not accessible at this time.
At this time, the user context menu does not have my stuff.  However, each time I switch docs (Ctrl-TAB), I see the new context menus that are different for the .au3 file than for the .js file,and I don't get any more errors.  Each time I load a new file in the same session, the menu stays where it was before loading it.  Switching to another doc, then back to the loaded doc creates the correct context menu.

I'm almost there  :)

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

I am sailing in the dark here... ;)

Please show me your PersonalTools.lua content and assume all other files are unmodified?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Here is my PersonalTools.lua content:

PersonalTools = EventClass:new(Common)

print("hi")
  print("AU3 lexer")
  props['user.context.menu'] = "|"
  .. "|Find Definition | 1138"
  .. "|Find References | 1139"
 end

if self:IsLexer(SCLEX_CPP) then
  print("CCP (JS) lexer")
  .. "|Function List   | 1140"
  .. "|Find Selected Text in the Current Doc | 1141"
  .. "|Find Selected Text in All Opened Docs | 1142"
  end
end

I restored the AutoITTools.lua to it's original state and still have the same problem.

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled SciTE4AutoIT3 and I put the hooks for the Demo() function in the PersonalTools.lua file and it didn't cause any errors at startup.  I replaced the code in the Demo() function with my context menu code and did not get any errors at startup, and when I pressed Ctrl-Shift-F, I get the appropriate user context menu.

The problem appears to be when I put it into the  PersonalTools:OnStartUp() function I get the errors.

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

That worked better, but if I'm only editing 1 file, I can't do a document switch.  So I'm left with having to do something at startup time.  I moved my context menu code to a separate function called xxx(), and I call it from the OnSwitchFile() and the OnStartUP() functions.  I put in print statements to see what gets called.  Here's my code:

print("OnStartUp")
    xxx(self)
end

function PersonalTools:OnSwitchFile()
    print("OnSwitchFile")
    xxx(self)
end

function xxx(self)

print("xxx")
print("AU3 lexer")
.. "|Find Definition | 1138"
.. "|Find References | 1139"
else
if self:IsLexer(SCLEX_CPP) then
print("CPP (JS) lexer")
.. "|Function List   | 1140"
.. "|Find Selected Text in the Current Doc | 1141"
.. "|Find Selected Text in All Opened Docs | 1142"
else
print("Not AU3 or CPP (JS) lexer")
end
end
end

When I start the editor for a single ,au3 file, I get this error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Lua\Common.lua:20: Editor pane is not accessible at this time.
OnStartUp
xxx
Not AU3 or CPP (JS) lexer

It looks like at OnStartUp time,the editor is not completely created.  Perhaps a different Onxxx trap.  Is there a list of events I can hook into?

Edited by AndyS01

I changed the OnStartUp event handler to OnOpen and it works the first time and every time I switch documents :D

Thank you for your help.

Andy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• SteveJM
      By SteveJM
      I have a working program currently driven largely through menu selections. I would like to add a toolbar where most of the tollbar button actions are basically the same as menu items, but quicker to access. I have been wading around in toolbar examples, MSDN pages etc, it's clearly going to be a bit of a slog to get everything right, including tooltips etc. I thought I would start with something simple to prove the principle.
      Using bits from the help file examples I have a small program that successfully displays a toolbar. However, what seemed like the most elegant way to deal with the button commands does not seem to work. My understanding was that a toolbar button fires a WM_COMMAND message, with the command Id set by the second parameter in the call to
      _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ( $hWnd, $iID, $iImage)
      so I though it would be a good idea to set this Id to the same value as my menu item Id; then it would run the same task which is what I wanted. This did not work. I am using message loop mode and would like to stick with this because some of my scripts run hardware at the same time as the gui; it is easier if I don't have to worry about code being interrupted with the hardware in an unknown state . So I added a handler for WM_COMMAND, with some cribbed display code to try and see why. The toolbar button defintely fired a WM_COMMAND message and the Id looked the same, so no explanation there.
      I guess the issue is with GUIGetMsg() which may be constructed to ignore all but a limited number of control handles, i.e. those made with the GuiCtrlCreate... commands; this is speculation.
      I would dearly love to find a tidy way to get around this. Having some controls handled in the message loop and some in a WM_COMMAND handler, performing the same task, feels ugly. I would be very grateful for further insight from someone experienced with handling a toolbar. Perhaps I should be trying to fire the menu item. I have attached a code snippet to try and illustrate the issue.

ToolbarTrial.au3
    • GordonFreeman
      By GordonFreeman
      Hi, i searched some topics but cannot found a simple way to do that:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; I tried this but user reported that it work in 2006, not seems work actually $filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&File") $fileitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Open",$filemenu) GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Also tried:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $filemenu = TrayCreateMenu("&File") $fileitem = TrayCreateItem("Open",$filemenu) ;GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) ;GuiCtrlSetImage(TrayItemGetHandle($fileitem), "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Well.. thanks in advance!

Ok. I found this working example from Yashied. If i cannot find a simple then i will go with it
      #Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #Include <GUIMenu.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #Include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Global $hMenu, $hForm, $hFile = 1000, $idNew, $idExit $hForm = GUICreate('Menu', 400, 300) $hFile = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 0, ' &Favorites', $idNew) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 1, '', 0) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hFile, 2, ' E&xit', $idExit) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, '&File', 0, $hFile) _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hForm, $hMenu) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 0, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 43, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 2, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 27, 16, 16)) GUISetState() Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Func _CreateBitmapFromIcon($iBackground, $sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hDC, $hBackDC, $hBackSv, $hIcon, $hBitmap $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) $hBackDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap(0, $iBackground, $iWidth, $iHeight) $hBackSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBitmap) $hIcon = _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) If Not @error Then _WinAPI_DrawIconEx($hBackDC, 0, 0, $hIcon, 0, 0, 0, 0, $DI_NORMAL) _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon) EndIf _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBackSv) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hBackDC) Return $hBitmap EndFunc ;==>_CreateBitmapFromIcon Func _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hIcon, $tIcon = DllStructCreate('hwnd'), $tID = DllStructCreate('hwnd') Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'PrivateExtractIcons', 'str', $sIcon, 'int', $iIndex, 'int', $iWidth, 'int', $iHeight, 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tIcon), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tID), 'int', 1, 'int', 0) If (@error) Or ($Ret[0] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf $hIcon = DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1) If ($hIcon = Ptr(0)) Or (Not IsPtr($hIcon)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf Return $hIcon EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon Ok, i noticed that is a pain create submenu with _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup to do like in Tray, and Tray better located, then i need images/icon with Tray functions, some workaround?? 
    • VIP
      By VIP
      I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
      I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
      But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.
      Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys
      how are you؟
      I hope to be fine.
      I have a question  please
      how do I get the menu item that was pressed without that contains a variable؟
      For example I have a menu  of Favorites and I want the script recognizes the existing path in the pressed item
      i'll repeat to tell the item does not contain a variable
      Is there any solution
      if you want to explain more I could write an example of what I want.
      Greetings to all,
      thanks in advance
    • czardas
      By czardas
      The following code is intended to illustrate a method of adding recent files to the File menu, once files have been opened or saved. This is not a UDF, nor a universal solution which fits all requirements. It is just the solution I made for myself and I thought it worth sharing. I haven't noticed much about this subject. The example only emulates opening and saving files: nothing is actually written to disk. I have not included any code for opening or saving files - only the File menu and Title bar are updated. The code is intended to illustrate the logic I used. Perhaps you can improve on it or get some ideas from this example.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() #Region ; core functions Func UpdateRecentFiles(ByRef $aRecentFiles, $ahMenu, $sNewPath, $iMenuInsertPos) Local $iMaxFiles = UBound($aRecentFiles) -1 For $i = 1 To $aRecentFiles[0][0] ; check to see if the path was accessed recently If $aRecentFiles[$i][0] = $sNewPath Then ; file is already in the list For $j = $i To 2 Step -1 $aRecentFiles[$j][0] = $aRecentFiles[$j -1][0] ; push items down the list Next $aRecentFiles[1][0] = $sNewPath For $j = 1 To $aRecentFiles[0][0] ; update all recent file menu items GUICtrlSetData($aRecentFiles[$j][1], $aRecentFiles[$j][0]) ; overwrite existing control data Next Return ; the list has simply been reordered EndIf Next ; if we are here, then the file was not found in the recent files list For $i = $iMaxFiles To 2 Step -1 $aRecentFiles[$i][0] = $aRecentFiles[$i -1][0] ; push all existing items down the list Next If $aRecentFiles[0][0] < $iMaxFiles Then $aRecentFiles[0][0] += 1 ; increment the number of recent files in the list $aRecentFiles[$aRecentFiles[0][0]][1] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem($sNewPath, $ahMenu[0], $aRecentFiles[0][0] + $iMenuInsertPos) ; create a new control ; add a second spacer to the menu after the first recent item appears (one time action) If $aRecentFiles[0][0] = 1 Then $aRecentFiles[0][1] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('', $ahMenu[0], $aRecentFiles[0][0] + $iMenuInsertPos +1) ; add divider after adding the first recent item EndIf $aRecentFiles[1][0] = $sNewPath ; add the new path to the files list For $i = 1 To $aRecentFiles[0][0] ; update all recent file menu items GUICtrlSetData($aRecentFiles[$i][1], $aRecentFiles[$i][0]) ; overwrite existing control data Next EndFunc ;==> UpdateRecentFiles Func ClearRecentFiles(ByRef $aRecentFiles, $idDummyInactive) For $i = 0 To $aRecentFiles[0][0] GUICtrlDelete($aRecentFiles[$i][1]) ; delete menu items $aRecentFiles[$i][1] = $idDummyInactive ; render all control IDs inactivate Next $aRecentFiles[0][0] = 0 ; there are now zero files in the list EndFunc ;==> ClearRecentFiles Func DeleteRecentItem(ByRef $aRecentFiles, $iItem, $idDummyInactive) For $i = $iItem To $aRecentFiles[0][0] -1 $aRecentFiles[$i][0] = $aRecentFiles[$i +1][0] GUICtrlSetData($aRecentFiles[$i][1], $aRecentFiles[$i][0]) Next GUICtrlDelete($aRecentFiles[$aRecentFiles[0][0]][1]) $aRecentFiles[$aRecentFiles[0][0]][1] = $idDummyInactive $aRecentFiles[0][0] -= 1 If $aRecentFiles[0][0] = 0 Then GUICtrlDelete($aRecentFiles[0][1]) $aRecentFiles[0][1] = $idDummyInactive EndIf EndFunc ;==> DeleteRecentItem #EndRegion ;==> core functions #Region ; example code Func Example() Local $sGUITitle = "New Project", $hGUI = GUICreate($sGUITitle, 500, 200) ; create GUI Local _ ; declare menu arrays $ahMenu[2] = [" File "," Options"], _ ; 1D array assigned to menus $ahMenuItem = GetMenuItems() ; 2D array assigned to menu item controls For $i = 0 To UBound($ahMenu) -1 $ahMenu[$i] = GUICtrlCreateMenu($ahMenu[$i]) ; create menu For $j = 1 To $ahMenuItem[0][$i] ; add menu item controls $ahMenuItem[$j][$i] = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem($ahMenuItem[$j][$i], $ahMenu[$i]) Next Next Local $iMenuInsertPos = 4 ; this is the menuentry position for the most recent file GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('', $ahMenu[0], $iMenuInsertPos) ; create dividor Local $aRecentFiles[9][2] = [[0]], _ ; zero previously stored items - assuming that the recent files list is empty at startup $idDummyInactive = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; never send messages to $idDummyInactive For $i = 0 To 8 ; [IMPORTANT] Windows assigned a unique control ID to $idDummyInactive $aRecentFiles[$i][1] = $idDummyInactive ; temporarily set all (recent files list) controls to never receive messages Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $msg, $sFilePath While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $msg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $ahMenuItem[5][0] ExitLoop Case $ahMenuItem[1][0] ; File ==> New New() WinSetTitle($hGUI , WinGetTitle($hGUI), $sGUITitle) Case $ahMenuItem[2][0] ; File ==> Open $sFilePath = Open() If Not @error Then WinSetTitle($hGUI , WinGetTitle($hGUI), $sFilePath) UpdateRecentFiles($aRecentFiles, $ahMenu, $sFilePath, $iMenuInsertPos) EndIf Case $ahMenuItem[3][0] ; File ==> Save $sFilePath = Save(WinGetTitle($hGUI)) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Action Failed", "Unable to save file") ContinueLoop ; [use your own code logic] Else WinSetTitle($hGUI , WinGetTitle($hGUI), $sFilePath) UpdateRecentFiles($aRecentFiles, $ahMenu, $sFilePath, $iMenuInsertPos) ; update recent files here EndIf Case $ahMenuItem[4][0] ; File ==> Save As $sFilePath = SaveAs() If @error Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Action Failed", "Unable to save file") ContinueLoop ; [use your own code logic] Else WinSetTitle($hGUI , WinGetTitle($hGUI), $sFilePath) UpdateRecentFiles($aRecentFiles, $ahMenu, $sFilePath, $iMenuInsertPos) ; update recent files here EndIf Case $ahMenuItem[1][1] ; Options ==> Clear Recent Files ClearRecentFiles($aRecentFiles, $idDummyInactive) Case $aRecentFiles[1][1], $aRecentFiles[2][1], $aRecentFiles[3][1], $aRecentFiles[4][1], $aRecentFiles[5][1], $aRecentFiles[6][1], $aRecentFiles[7][1], $aRecentFiles[8][1] For $i = 1 To $aRecentFiles[0][0] If $msg = $aRecentFiles[$i][1] Then $sFilePath = OpenRecent($aRecentFiles[$i][0]) If Not @error Then WinSetTitle($hGUI , WinGetTitle($hGUI), $sFilePath) UpdateRecentFiles($aRecentFiles, $ahMenu, $sFilePath, $iMenuInsertPos) ; update recent files here ElseIf @error = 1 Then If MsgBox(BitOR($MB_YESNO, $MB_DEFBUTTON2, $MB_TASKMODAL), "Action Failed", "Unable to locate " & $aRecentFiles[$i][0] & @CRLF & _ "Do you want to remove this item from the menu?") = 6 Then DeleteRecentItem($aRecentFiles, $i, $idDummyInactive) EndIf ExitLoop ; return to the While loop EndIf Next EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==> Example Func New() ; start a new project [your code here] EndFunc ;==> New Func Open() Local $sFilePath = FileOpenDialog("Open", @DocumentsCommonDir, "All (*.*)") If @error Then Return SetError(1) ; read file [your code here] Return $sFilePath EndFunc ;== Open Func OpenRecent($sFilePath) If Not FileExists($sFilePath) Then Return SetError(1) ; unable to open recent file ; read file [your code here] Return $sFilePath EndFunc ;== OpenRecent Func Save($sFilePath) If Not FileExists($sFilePath) Then Local $sNewPath = SaveAs() If @error Then Return SetError(1) ; unable to save file Return $sNewPath EndIf ; save file [your code here] Return $sFilePath EndFunc ;==> Save Func SaveAs() Local $sFilePath = FileSaveDialog( "Save As", @DocumentsCommonDir, "All (*.*)") If @error Then Return SetError(1) ; unable to save file ; save new or existing file [your code here] Return $sFilePath EndFunc ;==> SaveAs Func GetMenuItems() Local $aMenuItem[6][2] $aMenuItem[0][0] = 5 ; number of items on the File Menu $aMenuItem[0][1] = 1 ; number of items on the Options Menu ; File Menu $aMenuItem[1][0] = "New" $aMenuItem[2][0] = "Open" $aMenuItem[3][0] = "Save" $aMenuItem[4][0] = "Save As" $aMenuItem[5][0] = "Exit" ; Options Menu $aMenuItem[1][1] = "Clear Recent Files" Return $aMenuItem EndFunc ;==> GetMenuItems #Region ; example code Run the example, open some files and check for new menu items that are added. Then try a few other menu options and check the various changes occurring in the File menu.