Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donnovan

Send Function with Foreign Special Characters

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am trying to automate a Portuguese software using the Send function, and to access one of the menu options i need to Send "´" and then "e"... that is, "é".

How can i do that using the Send function?

Thankyou!

or read further the Send() help:

To send the ASCII value A (same as pressing ALT+065 on the numeric keypad)
    Send("{ASC 065}")

(When using 2 digit ASCII codes you must use a leading 0, otherwise an obsolete 437 code page is used).

To send UNICODE characters enter the character code (decimal or hex), for example this sends a Chinese character
    Send("{ASC 2709}") or Send("{ASC 0xA95}")

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• wakillon
      By wakillon
      SciTE Hopper : Jump to Any line by one click and many other helpfull functions !

As Ashalshaikh suggested me after leaving me the task to continue >SciTE Hopper, i open a new Topic about it.
      It will be more easy for futures updates.

Many helpfull functions in contextual menu.
      SciTE Hopper is now multipurpose.
      • Color Catcher added
      • BinaryToAu3Kompressor added
      • TinyAu3Search replaced by StringFinder
      • RegJumper added
      • Edit With SciTE added (available in Options)
      • SpecialCharactersViewer added (available in Tray menu)
      New Contextual Menu :

For a right Click on a function :

• Copy function name
      • Insert a function header
      • Cut function
      • Copy function
      • Delete function
      • Create a variables List
      • Remove usseless Blank lines
      • Remove Debug lines ( all lines starting with ConsoleWrite or _ArrayDisplay )
      • Set AutoIt Code Layout
      • Remove Comments

For entire script :

• Create a functions List
      • Create a variables List
      • Remove usseless Blank lines
      • Remove Debug lines ( all lines starting with ConsoleWrite or _ArrayDisplay )
      • Set AutoIt Code Layout
      • Remove Comments
      • ( Open in SciTE a ) Duplicate of current Script in Temp Dir
      • ( Open in SciTE a ) Duplicate of current Script in Same Dir
      • Explore Parent Script Folder
      • Copy Script name
      • Copy Script path
      • Find Unused Functions
      • Find Unused Variables
      • Set all functions in alphabetic order.( func headers and regions ( in fact, all lines between functions ) are not supported.)

SciTE Editor New Contextual Menu if SciTE Hopper is added ( in Options ) to SciTE Editor :
      when you made a selection in SciTE Editor you can :

• Open a Reg Key in Regedit using RegJumper
      • Open a Url in your default Browser
      • Search on google in your default Browser
      • Search on AutoIt Website in your default Browser
      Now Can be added to windows start (minimized)
      Options are available by Tray Menu.
      A double click on tray icon will open clipboard content to SciTE Editor ( Handy when you have copied some code from your browser )

How to proceed for add SciTE Hopper to SciTE Editor :
      Run Scite Editor, run Scite Hopper ( compiled! ) go to Options and select Add/Remove to SciTE Tab. then click on Add button and it's done !
      Right click on SciTE Editor and choose SciTE Hopper in Contextual Menu for run it when you need it !
      Update of 07 Dec 2017
      TinyAu3Search is replaced by StringFinder

Previous downloads : 1287
      Script and compiled version are available in the download section

Thanks to Ashalshaikh, Melba23, Th3 MMA, Alzri2, taitel, Manadar, taz742, Yashield, Authenticity, Xenobiologist for their help
      and asdf8 for his >Includes Helper and azjio for his >FileSearch.

Hope it help you and happy Scripting !

• badcoder123
      By badcoder123
      Anyone know how to access the information circled in the photo?

• AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Dear developers and creators of the language, please explain to me why when pressing the combination Crtl + Shift + C from the 5th or the 10th time "sticks / sinks" Ctrl or Shift? And then you need to press Ctrl or Shift again to reset their triggering. I only need to use hot keys like in the example!
      The code is a small example. Its essence is that when a user in the editor selects any number and presses a combination, then it increases by 1. 
      Dim $x HotKeySet("+^c","Calc") While 1 Sleep(10000) WEnd Func Calc() Send("^c") Sleep(50) $x=ClipGet()+1 ClipPut($x) Send("^v") EndFunc I thought that in my program some kind of glitch was searching for a reason for a long time. And it turned out that apparently somehow the work of some functions used in the example is not compatible. 
      Tell me, please, what is the problem?
    • ur
      By ur
      If you observe in below code.
      Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=$time_out) Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text) $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) if not ($dHandle = 0) then If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) Else Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...") Exit EndIf EndFunc WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad") $p = "Notallowed1!!" Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}"& $p &"{ENTER}create{SPACE}database{SPACE}"& $p &";{ENTER}") In the notepad if you observe, ! is missing in the text got.

Is there way to get that also printed.
    • rawkhopper
      By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf