Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donnovan

Send Function with Foreign Special Characters

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am trying to automate a Portuguese software using the Send function, and to access one of the menu options i need to Send "´" and then "e"... that is, "é".

How can i do that using the Send function?

Thankyou!

or read further the Send() help:

To send the ASCII value A (same as pressing ALT+065 on the numeric keypad)
    Send("{ASC 065}")

(When using 2 digit ASCII codes you must use a leading 0, otherwise an obsolete 437 code page is used).

To send UNICODE characters enter the character code (decimal or hex), for example this sends a Chinese character
    Send("{ASC 2709}") or Send("{ASC 0xA95}")

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      Is this possible:
      Executing a function from an include, but taking the function name from a gui input and then executing that function using the include:
      #include <Something.au3> ;input reads "Tree" $functionName = GuiCtrlRead($input1) $functionName(1) And the include is gonna have
      Func Tree($x) If $x = 1 Then $this = "text" MsgBox(0,$this,"whatever") EndFunc is it possible?
    • spuuunit
      By spuuunit
      This is what I'm trying to do: In Firefox, if you hold down CTRL + C for about 200ms, then press CTRL + T. This is my code:
      While WinActive(" - Mozilla Firefox") If _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Then $timer = TimerInit() While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) $diff = TimerDiff($timer) If $diff > 200 Then Send("^{T}") While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) WEnd EndIf WEnd EndIf WEnd The problem is that the CTRL key gets stuck down after Send("^{T}"). I found this, but what I understand that happens when I release, and that is not what I want. The "General unstuck method" did nothing.
    • hcI
      By hcI
      Hello, i'm making a little script that lets users enter a question and if the script can't answer to, it ask what would be the answer (a bit like siri on IPhones). And I try to display the "supposed array" I still have an error.. I searched on Google and got nothing looked in the help file too.. I'm here to know if someone have a solution to my error please.
      Here is where $a and $b should become arrays :
      Dim $dossier = @AppDataDir & "\Siri2" Dim $chemin = $dossier & "\data.ini" Global $a = _InfoRead($chemin, 0) Global $b = _InfoRead($chemin, 1) with this function :
      Func _InfoRead($path, $mode = 0) If DirGetSize($dossier) = -1 Then Return SetError(-4) If Not FileExists($chemin) Then Return SetError(-5) Local $readed = IniReadSection($path, "data") If @error Then Return SetError(-3) $size = $readed[0][0] Local $return[$size] For $i = 1 To $size Step 1 $return[$i - 1] = $readed[$i][$mode] Next Return $return EndFunc and the thing that i don't understand is that, after _InfoRead return affected to $a, I can't use _ArrayDisplay because of  error 1 "$aArray is not an array" (and same fpr the variable $b)..
      Can please someone help me to understand why is it doing this ?

-hcI
    • Baboo85
      By Baboo85
      Hi all,
      I need to start a script that include:
      - admin privileges
      - multiple cmd commands
      - no bat, no exe, no tmp files created anywhere (especially in the user temp folder)
      In a bat file it would be simple, but users shouldn't see what commands I'm sending.
      Example of the script:
      echo off cls echo. echo I AM A TOOL echo. echo NOTE: echo - note 1 echo - note 2 echo - etc set USER1=0 set COMPUTER1=0 if /i %username% equ user.user ( set USER1=1 set COMPUTER1=1 ) if /i %username% equ another.user set USER1=1 if /i %computername% equ notebook set COMPUTER1=1 if %USER1% EQU 1 ( if %COMPUTER1% EQU 1 ( reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\blablabla" /f ) else ( echo Computer not authorized. Contact assistance.) ) else ( echo User not authorized. Contact assistance.) echo. pause exit With the send("") is a disaster.
      I'm a noob here, so what can I do?

EDIT: OR ELSE I explain the situation and what I need, so if there is a simple solution I can use that.

SITUATION: our domain users have Users rights on the machine. Some of them need administrator rights.
      We create a local user with administrator rights, so that the users must insert username and password when asked to run something with administrator rights.
      We have an internal domain group policy that blocks EXE, BAT, COM, TMP files from the user local temp directory, for a security reason (malware). That also blocks most software installation.
      But some users are often out of office, away from workplace and in another country, they need a complete control on their computers.

WHAT I NEED: I need to check the username and the computer name. If the username is the one with local administrator rights and the computer name is a computer that is qualified to temporary remove the policy, then I need to execute a REG DELETE command with administrator rights.

I hope I explained myself.

Thank you very much.
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I'm new to Auotit but I have built a simple script that "runs" a different "batch" file based on certain days of the workweek. The script works now, but I was wanting to eliminate the need for a manual date entry. For example "First Batch' needs to run every Tuesday thru Thursday however "Second Batch" needs to run only on Friday and "Third Batch" needs to run only on Monday. In addition the 1st batch file runs on Tuesday, say 06/06 (the "FW" section) but then needs to actually report (the F4 date) the next weekday so this Batch actually needs 2 dates verified. 
      What I'm trying to do is when the script is initiated it gets the date, verifies if and which weekday it is and in turn goes to and runs the appropriate "Batch' file.  
      I've found ways to verify weekdays but can't find anything to do all of the above.
      Any help is MUCH appreciated.

;P10
      ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ericom Software\PowerTerm Enterprise\Sessions\mir00p10.PTS")

WinWait('(A) Soutwest P10 : PowerTerm Pro Enterprise Suite')
      WinActivate('(A) Soutwest P10 : PowerTerm Pro Enterprise Suite')
      Send('$Login)
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send($Password)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Sleep(3000)
      ; ****First Batch file run
      Send('Batch')
      Sleep(3000)
      Send('{Enter}')
      Send('FW')