Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Servant

How to INI write and read a text with line breaks into a GUICtrlCreateEdit?

2 posts in this topic

For example my GUICtrlCreateEdit() contains:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

When I IniWrite() the content of it, the value will be look like this:

[SectionName]
Key=Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

But when I IniRead() that key like this:

GUICtrlCreateEdit(IniRead(@ScriptDir & "/data.ini", "SectionName", "Key", ""), 1, 1, 200, 100)

The value of the GUI edit field is only "Line 1"..

How can I INI write and read a text with line breaks in a GUICtrlCreateEdit() ?

Servant,

You need to save the data in the standard ini format if you want to use the Ini* functions. But why do you want to use that format for saving the data from an Edit control? Why not just save it as a normal .txt file with FileWrite and re-read it directly with FileRead? :huh:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• robcull
      By robcull
      Hello all! I have had some issues reading text from different types of windows, occasionally, specifically with controlgettext. 
      **Before I begin, I know there are better ways to do what I attempt in the example below. That's not the point of this post. The point is my issues with controlgettext. 
      I am about to cite an example with an application you may be familiar with called SpeedFan (v4.52). My problem is not specific to speedfan, it is simply the most recent and easily reproducible example I can think of. 
      So, the goal of the script below is to get a string of text containing the current fan RPMs from the highlighted control in the screenshot below (see "speedfan_control_details.png").

Now, here's a simple script for grabbing the window handle and reading the text from that control: 
      $wintitle = "SpeedFan 4.52" $controlID = "197934" ;will be reformatted as "[ID:######]" $hwnd = wingethandle($wintitle) if @error<>0 then msgbox(0, "WinGetHandle", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) Exit EndIf $text = ControlGetText($hwnd, "", "[ID:"&$controlID&"]") if @error=1 then msgbox(0, "ControlGetText", "FAILURE. @error="&@error) ;failure returns "" and @error=1 Exit EndIf msgbox (0, "ControlGetText", "SUCCESS. @error="&@error &@CRLF& "$text="&$text) ;success returns string and @error=0 You'll see that the ControlGetText operation runs without error, however it does not capture any text from the control. If you explore the other controls in this one window, you'll find mixed results across the board. Neither the temps nor voltages can be read, while the log field and some other elements can be read. Even when you read the text from the whole window, those elements are not included in the visible nor hidden texts. 

I have run into this issue many times in the past- inconsistencies in the ability of autoit to interact with certain controls. What is it which makes this text different than any other readable texts? Is there an alternate method of reading the text in the window/control which could work? Any and all info to help me solve this mystery and satisfy my curiosity would be greatly appreciated. 
      Thanks  -Rob C
      PS: Running Autoit v3.3.14.2 on Win7 Ultimate x64
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I want create retractable bar using autoit
      I tried creating slider, but there's a problem with screen reader for the blind, so is there another retractable tape?
      It is advisable to not accept dragging with the keybord only with  mouse
      note:
      This bar is needed in the process of raising and lowering the volume
      I hope that there is a solution to do that
      i waiting your responses.
      Thanks in advance to all members and administrators
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dears
      How are you?
      I have a question, to you please.
      How do I create an edit box for numbers only and does not accept letters? using autoit
      greetings to all
      I hope you help ME
      Thanks to all in advance
    • hugomito
      By hugomito
      Hi all,
      I hope you can help me with this need. In the company I work for, every time we need to deploy a change into a Production environment, we need to add a SharePoint entry in a Calendar area. This is in order to notify Operations team that a change will be introduced on a specific date.
      The fields we need to fill out are:
      ows_Project ows_ChangeReq ows_Description ows_StartDate ows_EndDate The thing is that, I have all these values available in an AutoIT application I built called EAI Tool so, what I need is: Whenever a user click a button, a SharePoint record should be created populating SharePoint fields with the values from EAI Tool applicacion.
      If you need additional information, let me know.
      Regards,