Sign in to follow this  
Servant

How to INI write and read a text with line breaks into a GUICtrlCreateEdit?

Servant

For example my GUICtrlCreateEdit() contains:

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

When I IniWrite() the content of it, the value will be look like this:

[SectionName]
Key=Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

But when I IniRead() that key like this:

GUICtrlCreateEdit(IniRead(@ScriptDir & "/data.ini", "SectionName", "Key", ""), 1, 1, 200, 100)

The value of the GUI edit field is only "Line 1"..

How can I INI write and read a text with line breaks in a GUICtrlCreateEdit() ?

Melba23

Servant,

You need to save the data in the standard ini format if you want to use the Ini* functions. But why do you want to use that format for saving the data from an Edit control? Why not just save it as a normal .txt file with FileWrite and re-read it directly with FileRead? :huh:

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dadalt95
      By dadalt95
      Hi!
      I want to get the signal in this website:
      https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd
      I have tried using _IEBodyReadText  and some _StringBetween. What happens is that the text are being update every tick and _IEBodyReadText doesn't.
      To perform the update I used  _IEAction($oIE, "refresh") but it's not good because the website block me after some time due too many requests..
      Is there any other way to get this text every tick?
      PS: The text I want to get is WAIT, CALL or PUT.

Here is the code:
      global $oIE = _IECreate ('https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd', 0, 1 , 1 , 0) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') ;MsgBox ( 0, "asf", $result[0]) $espera=StringInStr($result[0], "WAIT") $compra=StringInStr($result[0], "CALL") $venda=StringInStr($result[0], "PUT") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $espera) $n=0 $c=0 Captar() Func Captar() ;_IENavigate($oIE, "https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') If (Not $compra=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "COMPRE") $n=1 $c=$c+1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "VENDA") $c=$c+1 $n=1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() Else ;MsgBox("", "", "ESPERE") $n=0 Sleep(1000) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') Captar() EndIf EndFunc  
    • Pike
      By Pike
      Hello Everyone,
      New Guy here. This is a two-part question, hopefully easy enough though. I know it's ugly coding, this is because I have only a couple hours worth of coding experience and could really use some help.
      1) When I single click the button I want one action (like playing a sound clip) and when I double click the button I want a different action (such as opening dialogue box to ask for soundclip directory address). At the bottom of the script I made a comment which one I would like single click versus double click.
      2) I can not get the FileOpenDialogue to save the file address to the config.ini file at the 'One' position on the .ini.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Sound.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $OneID _Main() Func _Main() GUICreate("Form1", 156, 86, 281, 276) $OneID = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 15, 17, 122, 37) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($OneID, "OnOne") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "OnExit") GUISetState() While 1 While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd WEnd EndFunc ;---------------Functions------------- While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func OnOne() ; ******************Single Click for this action**************** $OneID = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", $OneID) If $OneID = True Then SoundPlay($OneID, @HotKeyPressed) Else ; *******Double Click for this action*****And Help Saving File Address to config.ini 'One'*********** $OneID = FileOpenDialog("Select file", @WorkingDir, "All (*.*)") IniWrite("config.ini", "Config", "One", $OneID) $OneID = InputBox("Enter Information", "Short Name for File?", "") IniWrite("config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $OneID) EndIf EndFunc Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need anymore clarity as to what exactly I'm trying to do, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks so much!
      Pike
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      I have an inquiry and I hope to find the answer here
      I want to create a graphical user interface
      but I want to hide the system menu
      I mean the window menu
      Is this possible?
      If is possible please give me how to do that
      Thanks in advance
    • kartune
      By kartune
      Hi, i would like to know if there is a possible way to use subsections for ini files?
      For example, my ini file would look something like this:

Clientname.ini
      [Info]
      Country=USA
      Type=Distributor

[Costs]
      [[JAN]] <----- subsection
      cost1=----
      cost2=----
      [[FEB]]
      cost1=----
      cost2=----

[Sales]
      sale1=----
      sale2=----
      [[FEB]]
      sale1=----
      sale2=----

[Profits]
      prof1=----
      prof2=----
      [[FEB]]
      prof1=----
      prof2=----

The sales would be inputed everyday by the script, and then whenever viewed, i would be using an array to view every sale/cost/profit under the subsection

Thanks for your time!
    • Jefrey
      By Jefrey
      Needed a way to store global temporary & permanent information and came up with this.
      This is inspired by NodeJS's store and store2 packages, as well as W3 specs' localStorage and sessionStorage, offering multiple ways of usage.
      This is not related to any browser's storage, nor will allow you to access or modify browsers storage - although this is possible and not a hard task, this is not what this UDF is intended to do.
      This UDF offers functions for temporary storage (that gets cleaned up once the application is shutdown) that is kept on memory using ScriptingDictionary, as well as for permanent storage, that is saved on the harddisk as an encrypted file.
      sessionStorage (temporary storage)
      It's useful to keep application state and temporary settings accessible by any part of your script (although it could also be done with a global variable, I still prefer this method).
      You have multiple ways, at your choice, to:
      ; add or modify a key sessionStorage("foo", "bar") store("foo", "bar") sessionStorage_set("foo", "bar") sessionStorage_setItem("foo", "bar") ; read a key (returns false if key does not exist) $read = sessionStorage("foo") $read = store("foo") $read = sessionStorage_get("foo") $read = sessionStorage_getItem("foo") ; delete a key sessionStorage_remove("foo") ; delete all keys sessionStorage_clear() sessionStorage_clearAll() localStorage (permanent storage)
      It's useful to store user-defined settings.
      ; initialize ; this is optional, but allows you to control ; how things are going to be saved localStorage_startup([file where you want the settings to be saved], [crypt password]) ; by default, if not supplied, if supplied the "Default" keyword (or if you dont initialize), ; the file will be a random-named file (based on @ScriptFullPath) at user's %APPDATA% ; and the password will also be based on @ScriptFullPath ; you can set only the crypt password if you want: ; localStorage_startup(Default, "mypassword") ; the usage is the same as sessionStorage ; add or modify a key localStorage("foo", "bar") store2("foo", "bar") ; notice the '2' localStorage_set("foo", "bar") localStorage_setItem("foo", "bar") ; read a key (returns false if key does not exist) $read = localStorage("foo") $read = store2("foo") $read = localStorage_get("foo") $read = localStorage_getItem("foo") ; delete a key localStorage_remove("foo") ; delete all keys localStorage_clear() localStorage_clearAll() Download