Sign in to follow this  
tylerh27

Buttons won't click... help please

tylerh27

I am having a slight problem because my buttons won't click to pull up the function its set to

Can anyone tell me why my buttons won't click? its ontop of an image...

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
 GUICreate("Program", 200, 180, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU)

GUISetBkColor(0xE0FFFF)
    Global $n = GUICtrlCreatePic("Images\image.jpg", 20, 0)
    Global $1x = GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 30, 48)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($1x, "onex")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
while 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd

func onex()
MsgBox(0, "Debug", "onex Works")
EndFunc

BrewManNH

If a picture is set as a background picture the other controls will overlap, so it is important to disable the pic control: GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE).

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

grimmlock

I agree with BrewManHN

Maybe this will help, I removed the func and replaced it with a button action that does the same thing, however might be a little cleaner.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

;~ Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; if you use this you will be unable to close GUI
GUICreate("Program", 200, 180, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU)
GUISetBkColor(0xE0FFFF)

Global $n = GUICtrlCreatePic("Images\image.jpg", 20, 0)
    GUICtrlSetState($n, $GUI_DISABLE)
Global $1x = GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 50, 48, 100)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $1x
            Msgbox(0, "debug", "onex works")

EndSwitch

WEnd
Edited by grimmlock

Thanks

Grimm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I have a request
      I want a simplified example of how to create the toolbar
      With an example of pressing the buttons inside this bar
      for example
      Toolbar contains Three buttons
      open, save, And delete
      and i want  If i press a button from among these buttons a MSGBox appears
      I know this is easy
      But I did not know how to do it
      I hope you help me
      I apologize for the inconvenience
      Thank you in advance
    • t0nZ
      By t0nZ
      Hello to all, my problem is to have in the same gui buttons (static and dinamically generated ones) and an edit control.
      The gui also adjust its height in function of button number.
      Below you see an ugly interface and the long buttons at the bottom are dinamically generated reading from a txt file.

Because I have "static" buttons and dynamically generated ones it's not workin' well your method, also the EDIT area is updated (is a live log) and this is detected as GUI events, and this makes the guigetmsg() "dirty".
      Have you any ideas to make it work in better way ?  I only think about creating two different GUIs to not interfere one with the other one.
      My code is this
      While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GOLLOG("<<<< STOP <<<<") Exit #cs ; test 1 Case $iStart To $iEnd ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< gollog(GUICtrlRead($nMsg) & ' ' & 'was pressed' & @CRLF) $iValueToWorkWith = $nMsg - $iStart ; Adjust as required gollog($iValueToWorkWith) ;ExitLoop #ce Case $buttonarray[1] To $buttonarray[UBound($buttonarray) - 1] $UMDguimsg = GUICtrlRead($nMsg) If $UMDguimsg <> 0 Then GOLLOG("ButtonText=[" & $UMDguimsg & "] was clicked") EndIf Case $Bcerca If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idradio1), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then Multisearch("username-machinedescription") If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idradio2), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then Multisearch("machinename-username") ;Multisearch("username-machinedescription") Case $Block lock() Case $Busergroups usergroups() Case $Bvnc VNC() Case $Icercato If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idradio1), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then Multisearch("username-machinedescription") If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idradio2), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then Multisearch("machinename-username") #CS Multisearch("username-machinedescription") Case Else msgbox(64,"test",GUIGetMsg()) $UMDguimsg = GUICtrlRead(GUIGetMsg()) If $UMDguimsg <> $salvaUMDguimsg Then MsgBox(64, "test2", $UMDguimsg) $salvaUMDguimsg = $UMDguimsg #CE EndIf EndSwitch WEnd Thank you , cheers,
    • fopetesl
      By fopetesl
      OK, still learning SOLVED! $WS_EX_COMPOSITED hides buttons?
      I've read, run examples but cannot show action buttons in tabs in a GUI.
      I've run the GUICtrlCreateTabItem function example and, of course, it works.
      Mine doesn't:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <MenuConstants.au3> #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("My GUI Tab", @DesktopWidth * 1, @DesktopHeight * 1, 0, 0,-1, $WS_EX_COMPOSITED) $hTab = GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 640, 480,$TCS_HOTTRACK) ; Create tabitems ;For $i = 0 To 2 GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Scan Sample ") ; $idButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 0, 20 + (0 * 100), 40 + (0 * 50), 80, 30) ; $idButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("00", 20, 50, 80, 30) GUICtrlCreateLabel("label0", 30, 80, 50, 20) GUICtrlCreateButton("OK0", 20, 50, 50, 20) GUICtrlCreateInput("default", 80, 50, 70, 20) GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Database ") GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 1, 20 + (1 * 100), 40 + (1 * 50), 80, 30) GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Software ") GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 2, 20 + (2 * 100), 40 + (2 * 50), 80, 30) ;Next ; Close Tab definiton GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") ; Set the color of the label control. ; GUICtrlSetColor($idButton1, 0x002E7A) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd It just shows:
      whatever I try.  So I've missed, again?, that I do not have the focus?

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello I got problem with my form cause i got some buttons, labels, inputs and now i want organize this in tabs.
      There is a problem, when i put new tab this tab is on bottom and this is above my buttons or button is show on whole form , not only in one tab.
      How to deal with it
    • Wicked_Caty
      By Wicked_Caty
      A function is started and creates a GUI with two buttons. If either of those are pressed, the function will return a value, which will be used to start another function. However, only one of those two buttons works.
      Local $gui = GUICreate("Crypt", 120, 130) Local $button0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Encrypt", 10, 10, 100, 50) Local $button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Decrypt", 10, 70, 100, 50) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui) While 1 If GUIGetMsg() = $button0 Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 1 ElseIf GUIGetMsg() = $button1 Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 2 ElseIf GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 0 EndIf WEnd The If works as expected, but the two ElseIf don't work at all. No matter how hard or how often I hit that $button1 or click that X in the top-right of the GUI.
      Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today, who knows, but I'm stuck right now...
      Thanks - complete source-code is attached
      _Crypt.au3