Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tylerh27

Buttons won't click... help please

5 posts in this topic

I am having a slight problem because my buttons won't click to pull up the function its set to

Can anyone tell me why my buttons won't click? its ontop of an image...

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
 GUICreate("Program", 200, 180, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU)

GUISetBkColor(0xE0FFFF)
    Global $n = GUICtrlCreatePic("Images\image.jpg", 20, 0)
    Global $1x = GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 30, 48)
    GUICtrlSetOnEvent($1x, "onex")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
while 1
Sleep(1000)
WEnd

func onex()
MsgBox(0, "Debug", "onex Works")
EndFunc

If a picture is set as a background picture the other controls will overlap, so it is important to disable the pic control: GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE).

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I agree with BrewManHN

Maybe this will help, I removed the func and replaced it with a button action that does the same thing, however might be a little cleaner.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

;~ Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; if you use this you will be unable to close GUI
GUICreate("Program", 200, 180, -1, -1, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU)
GUISetBkColor(0xE0FFFF)

Global $n = GUICtrlCreatePic("Images\image.jpg", 20, 0)
    GUICtrlSetState($n, $GUI_DISABLE)
Global $1x = GUICtrlCreateButton("X", 50, 48, 100)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $1x
            Msgbox(0, "debug", "onex works")

EndSwitch

WEnd
Edited by grimmlock

Thanks

Grimm

Thanks, that helped a lot

Glad I was able to help :ph34r:

Thanks

Grimm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• fopetesl
      By fopetesl
      OK, still learning SOLVED! $WS_EX_COMPOSITED hides buttons?
      I've read, run examples but cannot show action buttons in tabs in a GUI.
      I've run the GUICtrlCreateTabItem function example and, of course, it works.
      Mine doesn't:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <MenuConstants.au3> #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> $hGUI = GUICreate("My GUI Tab", @DesktopWidth * 1, @DesktopHeight * 1, 0, 0,-1, $WS_EX_COMPOSITED) $hTab = GUICtrlCreateTab(10, 10, 640, 480,$TCS_HOTTRACK) ; Create tabitems ;For $i = 0 To 2 GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Scan Sample ") ; $idButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 0, 20 + (0 * 100), 40 + (0 * 50), 80, 30) ; $idButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("00", 20, 50, 80, 30) GUICtrlCreateLabel("label0", 30, 80, 50, 20) GUICtrlCreateButton("OK0", 20, 50, 50, 20) GUICtrlCreateInput("default", 80, 50, 70, 20) GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Database ") GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 1, 20 + (1 * 100), 40 + (1 * 50), 80, 30) GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" Software ") GUICtrlCreateButton("Button " & 2, 20 + (2 * 100), 40 + (2 * 50), 80, 30) ;Next ; Close Tab definiton GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") ; Set the color of the label control. ; GUICtrlSetColor($idButton1, 0x002E7A) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd It just shows:
      whatever I try.  So I've missed, again?, that I do not have the focus?

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello I got problem with my form cause i got some buttons, labels, inputs and now i want organize this in tabs.
      There is a problem, when i put new tab this tab is on bottom and this is above my buttons or button is show on whole form , not only in one tab.
      How to deal with it
    • Wicked_Caty
      By Wicked_Caty
      A function is started and creates a GUI with two buttons. If either of those are pressed, the function will return a value, which will be used to start another function. However, only one of those two buttons works.
      Local $gui = GUICreate("Crypt", 120, 130) Local $button0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Encrypt", 10, 10, 100, 50) Local $button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Decrypt", 10, 70, 100, 50) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui) While 1 If GUIGetMsg() = $button0 Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 1 ElseIf GUIGetMsg() = $button1 Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 2 ElseIf GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) GUIDelete($gui) Return 0 EndIf WEnd The If works as expected, but the two ElseIf don't work at all. No matter how hard or how often I hit that $button1 or click that X in the top-right of the GUI.
      Maybe I haven't had enough coffee today, who knows, but I'm stuck right now...
      Thanks - complete source-code is attached
      _Crypt.au3
    • digitalexpl0it
      By digitalexpl0it
      Hello,

I wanted to know if it was possible to auto-generate buttons from a ini file. The thought was to read the ini and for each value create a button for it. Now I would like to have the buttons places from left to right then after lets say 5 buttons have created move down to the next row and start again with lets say a limit of 8 rows.
      INI example:
      [Buttons]
      Button1Text=Test 1
      Button1Command=http://google.com
      Button2Text=Test 2
      Button2Command=cmd.exe
      Any help would be appreciated 

By 31290
      Hi everyone, 

I'm facing a little issue here. After creating a GUI coming from a button action, the GUI seems not to work anymore. 
      Here's what I wrote so far:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <AD.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <File.au3> #Include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <Inet.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Only needed once Global $sT0_AdminUserName, $sT0_AdminUserPassword, $sT0_DomainName, $sT0_DomainController, $sT0_ConfigurationContext, $iRunning, $aGroup, $sGroup, $i Global $resources = "C:\SAC_IS\AD_Toolbox\Resources\" Global $workingDir = "C:\SAC_IS\AD_Toolbox\" Global $logs = $Resources &"\Logs\" Global $iAlgo = $CALG_RC4 Global $g_hKey = "CryptPassword" Global $sIniFile = $resources & "\AD_Toolbox_" & @UserName & ".ini" DirCreate ($WorkingDir) DirCreate ($resources) DirCreate ($logs) Func chooseComputerTypeGUI() Global $chooseComputerTypeGUI = GUICreate("AD GROUPS", 300, 300, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreatePic ($resources & "\SAClogo.jpg", 30, 10, 240, 80) GUISetFont(8.5, 700, 0) GUISetBkColor ($Color_White) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Active Directory TOOLBOX", 85, 100, 150, 25) GuiCtrlCreateSeperator(0, 10, 120, 2, 280) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please choose on what you will work on:", 30, 140) $desktopBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("A DESKTOP", 10, 170, 110, 50) $laptopBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("A LAPTOP", 180, 170, 110, 50) $userBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("A USER", 95, 240, 110, 50) ;Buttons Actions GUICtrlSetOnEvent($desktopBtn, "desktopMainGUI") GUICtrlSetOnEvent($laptopBtn, "laptopMainGui") GUICtrlSetOnEvent($userBtn, "userMainGui") GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit", $chooseComputerTypeGUI) GUISetState() $iRunning = 1 While $iRunning = 1 Sleep (10) Wend EndFunc Func userMainGui() Global $addDefaultGroupsGUI = GUICreate("AD GROUPS", 300, 300, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreatePic ($resources & "\SAClogo.jpg", 30, 10, 240, 80) GUISetFont(8.5, 700, 0) GUISetBkColor ($Color_White) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Active Directory TOOLBOX", 85, 100, 150, 25) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Enter a End User Global ID:", 10, 130) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_PURPLE) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit", $addDefaultGroupsGUI) GUISetState() $iRunning = 1 While $iRunning = 1 Sleep (10) Wend GUIDelete($chooseComputerTypeGUI) userMainGui() EndFunc I think I'm lost here. Thanks for giving a hand