Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tylerh27

Drag And Drop Help

2 posts in this topic

I am currently trying to make a program but don't know where to start with a drag and drop function.

Basically, I wish to drag an image onto my compiled program, and it displays the information of the image.

I'm looking for a way to start my program by dragging an image over it and accept the image's location detail..

I'd really appreciate some help on this, for I'm not fully sure how to go about this.

>This thread might be of some use for you. it will help you retrieve the name of the file dropped onto your GUI, then you can do whatever it is you need to do to get the information regarding it from that.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello all
      I have a question please
      I've searched a lot on how to make a GUI for programs designed by Autoit to accepts dragging files from Windows File Explorer
      Unfortunately, however, it failed
      Is there any way to do this?
      Where I am making a audio player and I want to activate the feature of dragging files from Windows Explorer to a program window to play them
      I hope to find a simple solution here in this wonderful forum
      Thank you very much in advance
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello dears
      First I would like to apologize to you for my many questions.
      I have a new question if you allow
      I am programming an audio player for blinds
      I had a problem
      I put an option in the folders context menu to Opens the audio files that in the selected folder
      I did not know how to make the Autoit Search the subfolders
      Please provide an example of how to search for  files in the subfolders
      Let's say, for example, MP3 files
      Just give me a simple example and I will try to modify it as appropriate for the program I designing it
      Please help me to find the solution
      Thanks in advance
    • Ignacio
      By Ignacio
      Hello, and good day
      Im trying to make a sentence autocompleter so that when you type certain words (or commands) the scripts, and im in need of help/pointers
      That is what i have at the time and the issues i have currently is that:
      - I cant find an easy way to reset the counter to 0 in case a different letter from those are pressed ( tried NOT _ispressed but i think i got it wrong)
      -Is there another way to detect the key press that _ispressed? (i couldnt find it so far), since i feel like it is too clunky ( although maybe that is just me and my way to code)
      - for some reason the hex code (6F) for the / (divide nume pad) isnt working for me

Im thinking of making a text file with some words to use them as variables/comparations  (so that at least removes the need of a variable for the words in the script) and make the script make a temporal text file to save the input and then compare it with the other one. But i dont know if that is a good approach.
      Thanks for your time and patience.
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello.
      Drag option works only on parent window but as we can see on the parent gui is showed up child gui (on the right side with the color).
      Desired action is when we want to drag whole program we can also drag child gui and child gui will drag with parent gui.
      How to do this?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "_NCHITTEST") $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500, -1, -1) $cButton_0 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 0", 10, 10, 80, 30) $cButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 1", 10, 50, 80, 30) $cButton_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Child 2", 10, 90, 80, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; guis Global $hChild_[3] Global $countGUI = UBound($hChild_) - 1 ;MsgBox("","",$countGUI) ; licznik dla GUI Global $gui = 0 $hChild_[0] = GUICreate("Child 0", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0xFF0000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $hChild_[1] = GUICreate("Child 1", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x00FF00) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) $hChild_[2] = GUICreate("Child 2", 350, 300, 150, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI) GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $cButton_0 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[0]) $gui = 0 Case $cButton_1 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[1]) $gui = 1 Case $cButton_2 _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild_[2]) $gui = 2 EndSwitch WEnd Func _All_Hide() GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[0]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[1]) GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $hChild_[2]) EndFunc Func _NCHITTEST($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) If $hWnd = $hGUI Then Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) If Abs(BitAND(BitShift($lParam, 16),0xFFFF)- $aPos[1]) < 500 Then Return $HTCAPTION EndIf Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc