Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonBMN

WMI Object Length

16 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get the length of the WMI object I have created. I've tried using .count() and .length() to no avail. Can anyone shed some light on maybe something I'm missing?

Local $oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\localhost\root\CIMV2")
If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, "")
Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity WHERE Name LIKE '%(COM%)'", "WQL", 48)
MsgBox(0, "", "Number of Ports: " & $oItems)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

Maybe like this :

Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity WHERE Name LIKE '%(COM%)'", "WQL", 48)

Local $iCount = 0
For $oItem In $oItems
    $iCount += 1
Next

MsgBox(0, "", "Number of Ports: " & $iCount)

_
Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

Maybe like this :

Local $iCount = 0
For $oItem In $oItems
    $iCount += 1
Next

MsgBox(0, "", "Number of Ports: " & $iCount)

_

Br, FireFox.

Yes, that is a solution. Not the solution I was hoping for as I was hoping there would be a method for finding the length, but thank you all the same.

Edited by JonBMN

JonBMN,

Try this (had to alter the script to make it run and altered the query to get results)...

;If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, "")
;Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity WHERE Name LIKE '%(COM%)'", "WQL", 48)
Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity", "WQL") ; use default parms

ConsoleWrite($oItems.count & @LF)

See >this link for an explanation.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Also, is there anyway to filter out certain comports, like bluetooth comports, when reading in through the WMI?

JonBMN,

Try this (had to alter the script to make it run and altered the query to get results)...

;If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, "")
;Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity WHERE Name LIKE '%(COM%)'", "WQL", 48)
Local $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_PnPEntity", "WQL") ; use default parms

ConsoleWrite($oItems.count & @LF)

See >this link for an explanation.

kylomas

Why did you need to change the ExecQuery?

I don't have any "%(COM%)" qualifying entries...

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

I don't have any "%(COM%)" qualifying entries...

Ah I see, that's all I want. Also the .count() failed. Am I missing something on using this method?

Edited by JonBMN

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

It's not "count()", it's "count"

edit: I guess you programmer types would say it's not a method it's a property

Edited by kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

It's not "count()", it's "count"

edit: I guess you programmer types would say it's not a method it's a property

Tried that first off and it didn't work and that's why I tried to put the '()'. My bad on the method - property mistake.

The code that I posted runs on my machine (Vista).  Make sure you remove the last parm ("48") from the query.

- Sir Winston Churchill

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

Try this...

Local $iCount = _GetComCount()
MsgBox(0, '', 'Number of Ports: ' & $iCount)

Func _GetComCount($sComputer = @ComputerName)
    Local $objWMI = ObjGet('winmgmts:\\' & $sComputer & '\root\CIMV2')
    If @error Or Not IsObj($objWMI) Then Return SetError(@error, 0, '')
    Local $objClass = $objWMI.InstancesOf('Win32_PnPEntity WHERE Name LIKE "%(COM%)"')
    Return $objClass.Count
EndFunc
Edited by ripdad

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

I'm running on windows 7 and XP. Why would you remove the '48' param? It was suggested to help read comports.

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

Read the link I pointed you to.  It explains the count parameter.

edit: The "48" you are using is probably several parms combined.  You can manipulate them any way you want or use ripdad's example.  They pretty much do the same thing.

Edited by kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

'it's memory foot print is reduced.' which takes out the ability to use .Count. Thanks for the help kylomas.

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

This thread has additional info.

Edited by kylomas
1 person likes this

- Sir Winston Churchill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• SchneiMi
      By SchneiMi
      Hello,
      following my previous question, I have moved all potentially instable object interactions into Executes. But it Looks like "="-assignments to object Attributes cannot be done with Execute, only method calls. Using an "$obj = 1" construct, it compares (Eval) instead of sets (Execute) the value.
      I have tested multiple different combinations, using Execute and Assign, but it seems not to work with object Attributes. :-(
      Gives following Output:
      The assign Action using apply (a3) Fails, while assigning it directly, without Assign() works fine.
      The execute versions compare and do not assign, in both cases. Though, the "Execute" topic in the help file says it executes, not evaluates.
      I have found a similar, old thread, which explains this behavious but does not give a solution. https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110228-pass-object-property-as-a-variable/  
      Is there a way to assign to a com object's Attribute? Or is there anything new to this unexpected behaviour of Execute (at least compared to the help file description and Python's exec).

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for all the help so far.
      Regards, Michael

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      Edit: I found out from looking into the post from coffeeturtle that not all motherboards support WMI temperature reading. You have to explore the WMI namespaces for your system!
      I (stupidly) fried a computer. It was an old Zotac small form factor device that was junked at work, so I turned it into a home theater PC.
      But I had put it in my "audio rack", which has glass doors and not very good ventilation. Normally I would open the doors while it was running and I use a media remote which would hibernate the system. At some point, it woke up by itself (probably Windows Update) and did not go to sleep again. Unfortunately this happened during the summer months while I was away on a small holiday and of course the glass doors were closed.
      When I finally noticed the system was on, it was super hot and the fan was at full blast. Dead. No POST, no green light on the mainboard even with a new power supply, old mechanical laptop hard drive gives errors when connected to another device. My next home project will be to make some appropriate ventilation in the audio cabinet.
      For the replacement I bought a used HP ultra small form factor machine and decided to start working on an app to monitor the ambient temperature sensor on the motherboard and shutdown the system if needed. I used some code for smooth label updates from here (needed updating to work with latest AutoIT) and temperature conversion from here (not really needed, only if you want temperatures in something other than C).
      Maybe I will work on this some more and make it configurable with an .INI file or even storing the settings in registry, but since I probably won't I thought I'd put it up as an example of what a non-expert can do with an afternoon of coding and ideas from the community here.
      This uses an ambient temperature sensor populated on HP machines in HP-specific WMI extensions but the WMI query can easily be changed to any available sensor including CPU or GPU.
      The watchdog monitors temperature, warns with S.O.S beeping if the set point is exceeded, and either shuts down if a timeout is reached while the temperatures are high or goes back to monitoring if the temperature goes lower then the set point, and logs events to the Windows application event logs.
      The GUI it puts up is very small at the top center of the screen (very small on a 4k display anyway).
      #requireadmin because of the WMI query.
      A timer for the WMI query because of prior experience using similar functions in WinPE to get model infos from HP WMI bios extensions.
      If you play around with this, please post your fixes/improvements/changes back to this thread.
      Have fun!
      Edit: Updated to show "Unable to query temperature" if the WMI query returns a null
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=temperature-2-multi-size.ico #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon #include <Temperature.au3> #include <FFLabels.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $winLogger = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventcreate.exe" ; application to use for event logging Global $MessageSource = "HP TempMon" Global $width = 185 Global $height = 15 Global $FontSize = 8 Global $FontFamily = 'Microsoft Sans Serif' Global $normClr = 0xFF000000 Global $warnClr = 0xFF0000 Global $WMInameSpace = "HP_BIOSNumericSensor" ;~ Global $WMIReadSensor = "Chassis Thermal Index" ; HP 8300 Global $WMIReadSensor = "System Ambient Temperature" ; HP Z400 Global $warnTmp = 46.1111111111 ; degrees C ;~ Global $warnTmp = 24 ; degrees C for testing Global $ovrtmpTime = 5 ; in minutes Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Board Temperature", $width, $height, -1, 0, BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_POPUP), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)) Global $lb1 = _GUICtrlFFLabel_Create($hGUI, "", -1, -1, $width, $height, 8, -1, 0, 1, $normClr) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) _TempSenseLoop() Func _TempSenseLoop() While 1 Sleep(250) $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($hGUI) Return Case Else $s_ambTempC = _doQueryHPNumSens(5, $WMInameSpace, $WMIReadSensor, "100") ; + 100 Select Case $s_ambTempC = "" _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $normClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Unable to query temperature") Case $s_ambTempC < $warnTmp _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $normClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTempC & "C" & "/" & Round(_CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTempC), 0) & "F") Case Else _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $warnClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTempC & "C" & "/" & Round(_CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTempC), 0) & "F") _doLog("System ambient temperature has exceeded " & $warnTmp & "C.", "WARN", $MessageSource) _AlarmMonitor($ovrtmpTime, $warnTmp) EndSelect EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>_TempSenseLoop Func _AlarmMonitor($min, $tmp) Local $Shutdown = 1 Local $s_ambTemp Local $freq = 3500 Local $shrt = 200 Local $long = 500 Local $timer = TimerInit() Local $wait = 1000 * ($min * 60) While TimerDiff($timer) < $wait $s_ambTemp = _doQueryHPNumSens(5, $WMInameSpace, $WMIReadSensor, "100") ; + 100 If $s_ambTemp >= $tmp Then _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "WARNING! OVERTEMP!") Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Sleep(250) Beep($freq, $long) Beep($freq, $long) Beep($freq, $long) Sleep(250) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTemp & "C" & "/" & _CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTemp) & "F") Sleep(2000) ElseIf $s_ambTemp < $tmp Then $Shutdown = 0 ExitLoop EndIf WEnd If $Shutdown = 1 Then _doLog("The system is shutting down due to overtemperature conditions. The temperature at the time of shutdown was " & $s_ambTemp & "C" & "/" & _CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTemp) & "F", "ERRR", $MessageSource) Shutdown(24) ElseIf $Shutdown = 0 Then _doLog("System ambient temperature has been reduced below " & $warnTmp & "C.", "INFO", $MessageSource) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_AlarmMonitor Func _doQueryHPNumSens($min, $class, $name, $sleep) ; $sleep = milliseconds Local $s_tempReading = "" Local $s_HPBiosWMIService = "winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\Root\HP\InstrumentedBIOS" Local $objHPBiosWMIService = ObjGet($s_HPBiosWMIService) Local $s_biosQuery = $objHPBiosWMIService.ExecQuery("select * from " & $class & " where Name='" & $name & "'") $timer = TimerInit() ; we may need to wait for the HP WMI extensions to enumerate in WMI, in WinPE this takes some minutes. $wait = 1000 * ($min * 60) If Not IsObj($s_biosQuery) Then ; we do need to wait, put up a splash screen $s_WMISplash = 1 SplashTextOn("WMI", "Probing WMI (up to 10 minutes)...", 300, 50, -1, -1, 1) Sleep(1000) While TimerDiff($timer) < $wait Sleep(500) $objHPBiosWMIService = ObjGet($s_HPBiosWMIService) If IsObj($objHPBiosWMIService) Then Sleep(500) $colProdName = $s_biosQuery If IsObj($colProdName) Then For $oItem In $colProdName $s_tempReading = $oItem.CurrentReading Next EndIf EndIf WEnd ElseIf IsObj($s_biosQuery) Then ConsoleWrite($s_biosQuery & @CRLF) For $oItem In $s_biosQuery $s_tempReading = $oItem.CurrentReading Next Else $s_tempReading = 0 EndIf Sleep($sleep) Return $s_tempReading EndFunc ;==>_doQueryHPNumSens Func _doLog($message, $type, $msgsrc) Select Case $type = "INFO" $logTyp = "INFORMATION" Case $type = "WARN" $logTyp = "WARNING" Case $type = "ERRR" $logTyp = "ERROR" EndSelect If FileExists($winLogger) Then RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $winLogger & " /L Application /T " & $logTyp & " /SO " & Chr(34) & $msgsrc & Chr(34) & " /ID 1000 /D " & Chr(34) & $message & Chr(34), "", @SW_HIDE) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_doLog  

Temperature.au3
      FFLabels.au3
      HP_Temp.au3
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      since some days I become this error message exiting my app:

Eventviewer shows following data:
      Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: autoit3.exe, Version: 3.3.14.2, Zeitstempel: 0x55fc1979 Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23864, Zeitstempel: 0x595fa490 Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d Fehleroffset: 0x000987e0 I stripped my code from 1500 lines down to 70:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Global $g_sPathToPDF = ; path to some pdf file to show Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; default ist 0 ; 1 bedeutet, daß bei Klick direkt die darunterbeschriebene Funktion ausgeführt wird Global $g_hGUI_MAIN ; Haupt-GUI Global $g_hDummy_Main ; Dummy um Fokus in der Haupt-GUI unsichtbar zu setzen Global $g_hGUI_Pruefen ; GUI zum Prüfen aller PDF Global $g_hGUI_PDF ; GUI PDF-Ansicht der ausgewählten PDF Global $g_hPDF ; ActiveX control welches das PDF enthält Global $g_oAcrobatReader ; AcrobatReaderObjekt in dem die PDF gezeigt werden _GUI_Main() GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit_Main" , $g_hGUI_MAIN) While 1 Sleep(1) WEnd Exit Func _GUI_Main() ; GUI-MAIN $g_hGUI_MAIN = GUICreate("MAIN", 390, 390, 763, 372) GUISetFont(12) GUICtrlCreateButton("NEXT", 20, 20, 350, 55, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) ; Default-Knopf GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "_GUI_Pruefen") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; GUI anzeigen EndFunc Func _GUI_Pruefen() ; GUI zum Prüfen der PDF GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI ausblenden Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 0) ; wieder auf Default gesetzt $g_hGUI_Pruefen = GUICreate("RIGHT", 490,950, 1057, 91, -1, $WS_EX_APPWINDOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) _AcrobatShow($g_sPathToPDF, "", 367, 91, 674, 950, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; PDF-GUI erstellen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; GUI-Prüfen anzeigen Local $msg While 1 $msg = GuiGetMsg() ; Aktion mit der GUI registrieren Switch $msg ; je nach Aktion mit der GUI Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ; X gedrückt $g_oAcrobatReader = "" ; zerstöre das Objekt AcrobatReader GUIDelete($g_hGUI_PDF) ; lösche die GUI-PDF GUIDelete($g_hGUI_Pruefen) ; lösche die GUI-Prüfen Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Default 0 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_MAIN) ; MAIN-GUI wieder zeigen Return EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func _Exit_Main() ; ausführen, wenn die MAIN-GUI schließt ConsoleWrite("EXIT" & @CRLF) Exit EndFunc Func _AcrobatShow($sFile, $sTitle = "PDF ", $iLeft = 50, $iTop = 0, $iWidth = 1000, $iHeight = 700, $hWnd = "") ; GUI-PDF erstellen If FileExists($sFile) Then ; wenn das PDF existiert $g_oAcrobatReader = ObjCreate("AcroPDF.PDF.1") $g_oAcrobatReader.src = $sFile ; Quelle ist das File $g_oAcrobatReader.SetLayoutMode("SinglePage") ; default "SinglePage" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetPageMode("none") ; default "none" $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowToolbar(0) ; Tool-Bar nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetShowScrollbars(0) ; Scroll-Balken nicht zeigen 0 $g_oAcrobatReader.SetView("fit") ; "fit" falls wer eigene Einstellungen im Reader gespeichert hat $g_hGUI_PDF = GUICreate($sTitle, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iLeft, $iTop, -1, -1, $hWnd) ; GUI als Child zu GUI-PRUEFEN erstellen - es soll nicht aktiviert werden $g_hPDF = GUICtrlCreateObj($g_oAcrobatReader, 0, 0, $iWidth, $iHeight) ; Objekt für das PDF erstellen GUICtrlSetStyle($g_hPDF, $WS_VISIBLE) ; PDF anzeigen GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $g_hGUI_PDF) ; GUI-PDF anzeigen Else MsgBox(0, 'ERROR', "No PDF found.") EndIf EndFunc Do following steps to prove:
      - start app
      - click "next" on main gui
      - wait minimum 5 seconds (until the arrows left and right on "gui left" disappear)
      - close gui left or right
      - close main gui
      - look on console written "EXIT" the last code line before exit
      - now windows error message above appears
      The funny thing is if I don't wait the 5 seconds (before the half transparent arrows disappear) closing the gui then I will get no win error message.
      If I comment _AcrobatShow() out then the error never appears. So it seemed to be an acrobat reader issue. Every week at work there are a lot of updates, but there is no chance to know which one. But since one update this error happens.
      Any solutions? Regards, Conrad
    • genius257
      By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoIt-projects/tree/master/AutoItObject Internal/Examples
      Version: 1.0.3
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation:

Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.