Printers Management UDF

jguinch

Runwait('rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /k /n "MFP"',"",@SW_HIDE)  ; MFP is the printer name

This is even better  a few line of code,  list all the information I needed on the test page

Printer name , computer name , time and date , IP address.  by the way I tested your print function in your udf and did it not work for me

Edited by antonioj84
correction

• 1 month later...

This UDF cannot export or import printer setting

please write more funtion to export or import printer setting

this is my cmd script to import printer setting

use cmd to restore local printer is ok

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /Sr /n "shareprint" /a "config.dat" u

but not ok if printer is network printer (share)

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /Sr /n "\\10.2.1.3\shareprint" /a "config.dat" u

• 1 month later...

Hello, @jguinch, hope you're good :)

Could you help me debug the reason my script is unable to add printers using the function "_PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection"?

If here isn't the right place, please let me know.

I used another script I found here that uses your UDF, this topic below, by @willichan.

So, I have a server callled beniv001, and I'm at another server with a test user logged in, 3 printers from beniv001 are installed as seen below:

5do4yt.png

So, I ran the script, replacing "beniv001" to "PRINT_NIV", which is the new server.

I put a msgbox right before and after the function to figure out what it's doing and if its giving an error, (and it is). 

It's doing this:

2evpz0w.jpg

it just says "error" :

jgp8oz.png

Here's the code excerpt, and there is nothing else changed from the original script.

For $iLoop = 1 To $aReplaced[0]
    Local $isdefault = False
    If $aReplaced[$iLoop] = $sDefaultPrinter Then $isdefault = True
;    ConsoleWrite("Adding \\" & $sNewPrintServer & "\" & $aReplaced[$iLoop] & "(" & $isdefault & ")" & @CRLF)
     MsgBox(64,"WEG","Adding \\" & $sNewPrintServer & "\" & $aReplaced[$iLoop])
    _PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection("\\" & $sNewPrintServer & "\" & $aReplaced[$iLoop])
    if @error then MsgBox(0,"error","error")
    If $isdefault Then _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter("\\" & $sNewPrintServer & "\" & $aReplaced[$iLoop])
Next

But I have no idea to debug what's going on. Could you help me?

@DavidLago : can you try with this one ?

Func _AddPrinterConnection($sPrinterName)
    Local $aRet = DllCall("Winspool.drv", "bool", "AddPrinterConnectionW", "wstr", $sPrinterName)
    If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc ; ===> _AddPrinterConnection

• 3 months later...

@jguinch Excellent UDF, I was using PrintUi previously but prefer using this method as it can be run silently.  Just a couple of things I found which I thought I'd mention is that when using the functions with network printers, found I needed to either double up the backslashes for server/print paths, otherwise functions like _Printmgr_PrinterExists wouldn't work, for example:

$bPrinterExists = _Printmgr_PrinterExists("\\server.fqdn.com\PrinterName") ;~ Doesn't work
$bPrinterExists = _Printmgr_PrinterExists("\\\\server.fqdn.com\\PrinterName") ;~ Works
$bPrinterExists = _Printmgr_PrinterExists("%server.fqdn.com%PrinterName") ;~ Also works

So I ended up putting in a StringReplace($sPrinterName, "\", "\\") within the function, although actually thinking of using "%" aka StringReplace($sPrinterName, "\", "%")

Also noticed a number of the functions are missing the appending "%" and "%" suffix after the "Like" operator, not sure if that was intended or not, but thought I'd mention it, example below.

Thanks again for the UDF though very helpful, just used it along with @Melba23 Toast to migrate staff printers from one Server with 100+ printers to new Windows Server 2016 print server.

Local $oPrinters = $oWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Printer Where DeviceID like '" & $sPrinterName & "'", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately

• 5 months later...

If you have appropriate rights to access the machine remotely and WMI is enabled on it, you could use retrieve the OS architecture from WMI:

Example using CMD line:

wmic.exe /node:%computername% os get osarchitecture

Example WMI COM Object:

#include <Array.au3>

Local $oWMIService = _WMIService()  ;Instantiate WMIService Object - Establish Connection
If $oWMIService = 0 Then Exit   ;If WMI Object failed to instantiate, Abort Script

Local $sWMIQueryClass = "Win32_OperatingSystem"  ;Declare WMI Class to Query
Local $aWMIQueryFields[]= ["OSArchitecture"]  ;Declare Fields to Retrieve From WMI Class

$aResults = _WMIQuery($oWMIService,$sWMIQueryClass,$aWMIQueryFields)  ;Run WMI Query against WMIService Object
$oWMIService = 0  ;Termninate WMIService Object

_ArrayDisplay($aResults)    ;Display Results Array
Exit

Func _WMIService($sHost = @ComputerName) ;Connect to WMI Service
    $oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $sHost & "\root\cimv2")  ;Create WMI Service Object
    If Not IsObj($oWMIService) Then Return SetError(1,0,0)  ;If Obj Instantiation Failed, Error Out
    Return $oWMIService ;Return WMI Service Object
EndFunc

Func _WMIQuery($oWMIService,$sWMIQueryClass,$aWMIQueryFields) ;Perform WMI Query with Query String and Data Return Parameters
    If Not IsObj($oWMIService) Then Return SetError(1,0,0)  ;If oWMIService is not a valid Object, Error Out
    If Not IsArray($aWMIQueryFields) Then Return SetError(2,0,0)    ;If Query Fields is not a valid array, Error Out

Local $aResults = $aWMIQueryFields  ;Create Results Array
    _ArrayColInsert($aResults, 1)   ;Add Dimension to Results Array to Hold Query Return Values

Local $sWMIQuery = "SELECT " & _ArrayToString($aWMIQueryFields,",") & " FROM " & $sWMIQueryClass    ;Create WMI Query String
    $oItems = $oWMIService.ExecQuery ($sWMIQuery)  ;Execute query using WMI Service Object

For $i = 0 to UBound($aWMIQueryFields) - 1  ;Loop through WMI Query Results
        For $oItem In $oItems
            $aResults[$i][1] = Execute("$oItem." & $aWMIQueryFields[$i])  ;Result
        Next
    Next

Return $aResults  ;Return Result Array
EndFunc

• 3 weeks later...

Help me !

It not working. I try using PrintMgr.au3 for add driver for Canon LBP 2900 in window 8 64bit

#Include "PrintMgr.au3"

Local $sDriverName = "Canon LBP2900"
$oTest = _PrintMgr_AddPrinterDriver($sDriverName, "Windows NT x64", @ScriptDir & "\LBP2900_R150_V330_W64_uk_EN_2\x64\Driver\", @ScriptDir & "\LBP2900_R150_V330_W64_uk_EN_2\x64\Driver\CNAB4STD.INF")
ConsoleWrite($oTest)

What is the returned value ? (what is the output of ConsoleWrite) ?

Are you sure you have enough rights to add a printer driver ? (use #RequireAdmin at the top of your script to check it)

Edited by jguinch

8 hours ago, jguinch said:

What is the returned value ? (what is the output of ConsoleWrite) ?

Are you sure you have enough rights to add a printer drier ? (use #RequireAdmin at the to of your script to check it)

Thanks bro. I using #RequireAdmin. It work !

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@jguinch, thanks for writing up this UDF. I'm trying to use the _PrintMgr_EnumPrinters and _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter. No question on how to use these two. Just that when I do the syntax checker, it complains about these functions, which I can safely ignore because I don't use them (yet) but others might:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\PrintMgr.au3"(173,26) : warning: $ret possibly not declared/created yet
    $ret = $oNewPort.Put_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\PrintMgr.au3"(252,87) : warning: $tPortName possibly not declared/created yet
        $tPortName = DllStructCreate("wchar Data[512]", DllStructGetData($t_PORT_INFO_2, 1))
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\PrintMgr.au3"(253,90) : warning: $tMonitorName possibly not declared/created yet
        $tMonitorName = DllStructCreate("wchar Data[256]", DllStructGetData($t_PORT_INFO_2, 2))
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\PrintMgr.au3"(254,87) : warning: $tPortDesc possibly not declared/created yet
        $tPortDesc = DllStructCreate("wchar Data[256]", DllStructGetData($t_PORT_INFO_2, 3))
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\PrintMgr.au3"(834,58) : warning: $iRet possibly not declared/created yet
        $iRet = $oPrinter.RenamePrinter($sPrinterNewName)

I tried to look up for a newer one that may have fixed the above warnings but there's nothing newer.

Regards,

John Babbitt

• 5 weeks later...

Hello jguinch,
I'm trying to use AddPrinter but I got an error when I execute the following lines, even one line at a time :

#Include "PrintMgr.au3"
#RequireAdmin

ConsoleWrite(_PrintMgr_AddPrinter("PDF", "PDFCreator", "pdfcmon_2"))
ConsoleWrite(_PrintMgr_AddPrinter("nomimprimante", "Kyocera TASKalfa 4551 ci KX", "I-LP-10"))

The message is :
Line 41 (File "C:\Users\...\Test.exe"):
Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

I did not use AddDriver, the drivers were installed previously.
I used _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterDriver() to identify the driver name.

I'm using win 10 pro 64bits...

Regards.

Samuel

If I try with F5 on Scite I see :
"C:\Users\samuel.ruet\Desktop\installation auto imprimantes\PrintMgr.au3" (117) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$oPrinter.Put_
$oPrinter^ ERROR
->11:17:36 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>11:17:36 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.5531

In the code no value is assigned to $oPrinter.Put_, is this normal?

Func _PrintMgr_AddPrinter($sPrinterName, $sDriverName, $sPortName, $sLocation = '', $sComment = '')
    Local $oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2")
    If NOT IsObj($oWMIService) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $oPrinter = $oWMIService.Get("Win32_Printer").SpawnInstance_
    If NOT IsObj($oPrinter) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $oPrinter.DriverName = $sDriverName
    $oPrinter.PortName   = $sPortName
    $oPrinter.DeviceID   = $sPrinterName
    $oPrinter.Location   = $sLocation
    $oPrinter.Comment    = $sComment
    $oPrinter.Put_
    Return _Printmgr_PrinterExists($sPrinterName)
EndFunc ; ==> _PrintMgr_AddPrinter