Sign in to follow this  
argumentum

msWord XML beautifier

argumentum

..so I got Notepad++ but was not working with the xml printing plugin, the online beautifiers would no work all the time, and I wanted like Tidy does with tabs so it looks nice in Scite to look at the code and make my own template for a script I'm working on....very frustrating and time consuming, so, I put this code together. I get in a 10th of a sec. the xml prettified vs. minutes and frustration.

Anyway, how I use it is I drag and drop the word doc. ( saved in XML format ) to scite , copy to the clipboard ( ctrl-A, ctrl-C ) , switch to this code, press F5 and I'm happy

If Not StringInStr($CmdLineRaw, "/ErrorStdOut") And Not @Compiled Then Exit MsgBox( 262144 , @ScriptName, "please run from Editor", 10)

Local $s = ClipGet()
If Not StringInStr($s, '<?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>') Then Exit MsgBox(262144, StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4), "tested only in Word.Document XML" & @CR & @CR & "no changes made to clipboard", 20)
Local $sOut = msWordXML_Beautify($s, 2) ; 2=return as beautified string, 1=ConsoleWrite beautified string, 0=return beautified array
ClipPut($sOut)
MsgBox(262144, StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4), "clipboard content replaced by beautified XML", 2)

Func msWordXML_Beautify($s, $iEcho = 0)
    Local $iTimer = TimerInit()
    $s = StringReplace($s, @CR, '')
    $s = StringReplace($s, @LF, '')
    Local $a = StringSplit($s, "<")
    Local $b[$a[0] * 2]
    Local $i = 0, $c = ""
    For $x = 1 To $a[0]
        If StringReplace($a[$x], @TAB, "") = "" Then ContinueLoop
        If StringInStr($a[$x], ">") Then $a[$x] = StringReplace($a[$x], @TAB, '')
        $c = StringSplit($a[$x], ">")
        If UBound($c) < 2 Then ContinueLoop
        For $y = 1 To $c[0]
            If $y = 1 Then
                $i += 1
                $b[$i] = "<" & $c[$y] & ">"
            Else
                If $c[$y] = "" Then ContinueLoop
                $i += 1
                $b[$i] = $c[$y]
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
    ReDim $b[$i + 1]
    $b[0] = $i
    For $x = 3 To $b[0]
        If Not StringInStr($b[$x - 1], ">") Then
            $b[$x] = $b[$x - 2] & $b[$x - 1] & $b[$x]
            $b[$x - 2] = "<>"
            $b[$x - 1] = "<>"
        EndIf
    Next
    Dim $c[$b[0] + 1]
    $i = 0
    For $x = 1 To $b[0]
        If $b[$x] = "<>" Then ContinueLoop
        $i += 1
        $c[$i] = $b[$x]
    Next
    $b = $c
    $c = ""
    ReDim $b[$i + 1]
    $b[0] = UBound($b) - 1
    Local $tabs = ""
    For $x = 1 To $b[0]
        $b[$x] = StringStripWS($b[$x], 3)
        If StringLeft($b[$x], 2) = "<!" Then ContinueLoop
        If StringLeft($b[$x], 2) = "<?" Then ContinueLoop
        If StringLeft($b[$x], 1) = "<" And StringRight($b[$x], 2) = "/>" Then
            $b[$x] = $tabs & $b[$x]
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        If StringLeft($b[$x], 2) = "</" And StringRight($b[$x], 1) = ">" Then
            $tabs = StringTrimRight($tabs, 1)
            $b[$x] = $tabs & $b[$x]
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        If StringLeft($b[$x], 1) = "<" And StringRight($b[$x], 1) = ">" And Not StringInStr($b[$x], '</') Then
            $b[$x] = $tabs & $b[$x]
            $tabs &= @TAB
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        $b[$x] = $tabs & $b[$x]
    Next
    ConsoleWrite('+ msWordXML_Beautify done in about ' & Round(TimerDiff($iTimer), 5) & ' mSec.' & @CRLF)
    Local $sOut = ""
    If $iEcho Then
        For $x = 1 To $b[0]
            If $iEcho = 1 Then
                ConsoleWrite( $b[$x] & @CRLF )
            Else
                $sOut &= $b[$x] & @CRLF
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    If $iEcho = 2 Then Return $sOut
    Return $b
EndFunc   ;==>msWordXML_Beautify

..hope it saves time to someone.

Edit 1: it works nice with <?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>, it may just work with any XML, no clue.

Edit 2: fixed an error in the code

Edited by argumentum

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Benandro
      By Benandro
      Hello,
      im working on a Script that should change a high amount of Word Templates at once.
      Target is to open each Templatefile (.dotx) in a specific folder and do the following steps:
      Add a page break at the end of the document (works) Add a text on the created Page (works) Change the headerstyle to blank for the new page and the following (missing) Add a heading between two specific headings (missing) Can please someone help me to add the 2 functions to the script?

#include <word.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <array.au3> ; wdGoToDirection Const $wdGoToNext = 2 ; wdGoToItem Const $wdGoToPage = 1 ; Created a logfile for tracking/error reporting on my local desktop, though anywhere would work. Needs to be changed or it will error. Global $LogFile = FileOpen("c:\logfiles\test.log", 1) ; This is the network path, change it or this will error as it is. ListFiles ("D:\Templates\") Global $loopend=$aFileList[0] ; Creates an instance of Word for the program to use. Logs any errors associated. Global $oWord = _Word_Create(False, False) If @error <> 0 Then Exit _FileWriteLog($LogFile, "Error creating a new Word application object. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended & @crlf) If @extended = 1 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "MS Word was not running when _Word_Create was called." & @CRLF) Else _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "MS Word was already running when _Word_Create was called." & @CRLF) EndIf ; Logs and begins loop _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Beginning Loop." & @CRLF) For $looper = 1 to $loopend Step +1 _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Modifying file: " & $aFileList[$looper], " ") OpenAndModify ("D:\Templates\" & $aFileList[$looper]) Next ; Closes instance of Word _Word_Quit ($oWord) _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Program Completed.") ; Begins Function section ; Two functions, Listfiles and OpenAndModify Func ListFiles($FolderPath) ; Function puts all files in the network folder into an array. Logs any errors. _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Getting File Information for: " & $FolderPath & @crlf) Global $aFileList = _FileListToArray($FolderPath, "*") If @error = 1 Then _FileWriteLog($LogFile, "Path was invalid." & @crlf) EndIf If @error = 4 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "No file(s) were found." & @crlf) EndIf EndFunc Func OpenAndModify ($sDocument) ; Function opens file and changes the Page Setup ; Opens the Document Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen ($oWord, $sDocument, Default, Default, Default) If @error <> 0 Then _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Error opening " & $sDocument & " @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended & @crlf) & Exit ; Changes Tray Settings ;$oDoc.PageSetup.FirstPageTray = 0 ;$oDoc.PageSetup.OtherPagesTray = 0 ; Add a link to the end of the document and set parameters ; ScreenTip and TextToDisplay Local $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -2); Go to end of document $oRange.InsertBreak($wdPageBreak) ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocRangeSet Example", "Inserted a break.") $oRange.Text = "«Text»" ; Add a space at the end of the document $oRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -2) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocLinkAdd Example", _ "Error adding a link to the document." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Word UDF: _Word_DocLinkAdd Example", "Baustein wurde an das Ende des Dokuments eingefügt.") ; Saves the document _Word_DocSave($oDoc) _FileWriteLog ($LogFile, "Modification of" & $sDocument & " complete." & @CRLF) EndFunc  
    • Subz
      By Subz
      Can anyone assist with creating/modify/delete XML Nodes/Child Nodes?
      Have a document for example:
      <ConfigData> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>10</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>IPAddress</name> <value>192.168.1.1</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting One</name> <value>200</value> </parameter> <parameter> <name>Setting Three</name> <value>300</value> </parameter> </ConfigData> Would like to add another node parameter/name, parameter/value, but unsure how to, when there are multiple instances with the same tagname for example, would like to add the following if the nodes do not already exist:
      <parameter> <name>UserPreferredLanguage</name> <value>English</value> </parameter> Currently using the following to check and delete/modify existing nodes, was thinking of placing the name and value into a 2d array and then using a true/false in a 3rd column to return if the setting was found and modified or not, so I can decide whether I need to create the nodes or not, but I'm hoping there is a simpler way.\
      Any assistance would be much appreciated.
      PS: Have also written this with the XML Dom Wrapper UDF but still unsure how to proceed with checking nodes and creating them if they're missing, also couldn't find a function to delete a full node + parent using selectNodes, hence the custom __XML_DeleteNode function.
      Thanks
      Local $sXMLDocPath = @ScriptDir & "\XMLDoc.xml" Local $oXMLDoc = ObjCreate("MSXML2.DOMDocument") $oXMLDoc.validateOnParse = False $oXMLDoc.load($sXMLDocPath) Local $oXMLNodes = $oXMLDoc.selectNodes("ConfigData/parameter") If IsObj($oXMLNodes) Then For $oXMLNode In $oXMLNodes If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting One" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 10 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "IPAddress" Then __XML_DeleteNode($oXMLNode) EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Two" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 20 EndIf If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).tagName = "Name" And $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(0).Text = "Setting Three" Then If $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).tagName = "Value" Then $oXMLNode.childNodes.item(1).Text = 30 EndIf Next EndIf $oXMLDoc.Save ($sXMLDocPath) Func __XML_DeleteNode($_oNode_Enum) If $_oNode_Enum.hasChildNodes Then For $_oNode_Enum_Child In $_oNode_Enum.childNodes If $_oNode_Enum_Child.nodeType = $XML_NODE_TEXT Then If StringStripWS($_oNode_Enum_Child.text, $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING + $STR_STRIPSPACES) = "" Then $_oNode_Enum.removeChild($_oNode_Enum_Child) EndIf EndIf Next EndIf $_oNode_Enum.parentNode.removeChild($_oNode_Enum) EndFunc  
    • PedroWarlock
      By PedroWarlock
      (GOOGLE TRANSLATOR) Sorry: /
      Sorry, there is no new difficulty to organize my reading system, I need an XLM file like that, which is the problem with 30 thousand lines, is this, I need to find the value "Difficulty" and "live" and tell the program what's with the "default =" yes "" not <dipvalue>, can anyone have an example of how I wanted to do this? An example is enough to do this.
      example.au3
      #include <Array.au3> #include "XML.au3" _Example() Func _Example() Local $oXML = _XML_CreateDOMDocument(Default) Local $sXML_Content =@ScriptDir & "\file.xml" _XML_Load($oXML, $sXML_Content) ; ~ _XML_LoadXML($oXML, $sXML) Local $iNodeCount = _XML_GetNodesCount($oXML, "/mame/game") ConsoleWrite("Group(s): $iNodeCount = " & $iNodeCount & "; @error = " & @error & "; @extended = " & @extended & @LF) Local $aNames = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/description") Local $aTaxCountries = _XML_GetValue($oXML, "/mame/game/manufacturer") Local $aData[$iNodeCount + 1][4] = [[$iNodeCount, "", ""]] For $n = 1 To $iNodeCount Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne, 'name') Local $oNode_Selected_SingleOne2 = _XML_SelectSingleNode($oXML, '/mame/game/dipswitch/dipvalue[' & $n & ']') Local $sAttribute_Value2 = _XML_GetNodeAttributeValue($oNode_Selected_SingleOne2, 'name') $aData[$n][0] = $aNames[$n] $aData[$n][1] = $aTaxCountries[$n] $aData[$n][2] = $sAttribute_Value $aData[$n][3] = $sAttribute_Value2 Next _ArrayDisplay($aData, "$aData") EndFunc ;==>_Example  
      file.xml
      <mame build="0.124a BRarcade(Mar 31 2008)" debug="no"> <game name="puckman" sourcefile="pacman.c"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 1, Probably Bootleg)</description> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmana" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <description>PuckMan (Japan set 2)</description> <dipswitch name="Rack Test (Cheat)"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Service Mode"> <dipvalue name="Off" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="On"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="puckmanh" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacman" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Cabinet"> <dipvalue name="Upright" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Cocktail"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> </game> <game name="pacmanf" sourcefile="pacman.c" cloneof="puckman" romof="puckman"> <dipswitch name="Coinage"> <dipvalue name="2 Coins/1 Credit"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/1 Credit" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="1 Coin/2 Credits"/> <dipvalue name="Free Play"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Lives"> <dipvalue name="1"/> <dipvalue name="2"/> <dipvalue name="3" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="5"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Bonus Life"> <dipvalue name="10000" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="15000"/> <dipvalue name="20000"/> <dipvalue name="None"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Difficulty"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Hard"/> </dipswitch> <dipswitch name="Ghost Names"> <dipvalue name="Normal" default="yes"/> <dipvalue name="Alternate"/> </dipswitch> <driver status="good" emulation="good" color="good" sound="good" graphic="good" savestate="supported" palettesize="512"/> </game> </mame>
    • gillesg
      By gillesg
      Hello,

Is there a way to change the backup pattern for Tidy ?
      Actually it goes by <Myfile>.au3 becomes <MyFile>_old<x>.au3.
      I would like it to be <Myfile>.au3 becomes <MyFile> v<x>.au3.
      Thanks.

Gilles

• Neonovaz
      By Neonovaz
      Hello

Is there anyway to store word documents in Autoit GUI? For example I have a instruction sheet that I want to bundle up with the exe.

So a user simply clicks the icon and the stored document will launch  (Something like how you can add objects like excel sheets in word documents )

(I Know we can launch word files from script directory)