Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandan

Saving jpg as JFIF Specification 1.02?

1 post in this topic

I have been using GDIPlus to do a lot of image manipulation and love the flexablity it gives me when combined with autoit. I am stumped on my most recent project. That takes a single image and makes it into many that form a tiled structure that can be used in a flash program to put a person in a virtural tour.

I have a test one to compare to to make sure that I am doing everything right. My script will make all of the tiles the perfect size, and will look just like the sample. But when I load it into the flash program lines show up around the edges of the cubes and the flash program takes longer to figure out to display it. Even though the compression and file types are the same.

I have uploaded photos from both to http://www.imageforensic.org The only difference that it can see is that sample is in JFIF Specification 1.02, where as the files created by GDIPlus are JFIF standard 1.01.

Anyone have any ideas how I can save .jpg files in JFIF Standard 1.02 with Autoit? I would like to use GDIPlus as I already have it working, but if I need to I will use any library that gets the job done. Thanks,

Brandan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• corgano
      By corgano
      What I am trying to accomplish is to simplify a .PNG image and convert it to use only a specified pallet of colors. Eg if I have a pallet of 0xFF0000, 0x00FF00, 0x0000FF, it would change every pixel in the image to one of those three colors by whichever color is closest.

The simplest method I have tried is simply converting the image to a 16 bit bitmap, and that does simplify the pallet of the image, but I want to be able to specify what colors it specifies to. The other problem is the resulting saved .BMP file is much larger (file size) than the original, and I don't know if it's possible to make a 16 bit jpg.

It looks like _GDIPlus_BitmapConvertFormat is the solution but the help file doesn't go into how to use the pallet and I couldn't find an example that did what I needed. Can anyone help me?
    • timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hello all . i'm trying to build a tool to generate some pictures/graphs automatically based on some variables. I have completed the first part and I'm struggling now on what I thought would be the easiest part :
      In my tool there is a "preview" button, which helps to display on a new children GUI the generated picture. What I do in simplified :
      Global $g_hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($g_hGUI) ;Then, I'll add multiple objects to this graphic, for example $Temp = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($temp[1]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($g_hGraphics,$temp)  
      I'm then able to have a preview GUI showing all my elements perfectly. This works but now I want to be able to really generate it and have a ".png" file written to disk.
      What I tried without success:
      $g_hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromGraphics($previewWidth, $previewHeight, $g_hGraphics) _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($g_hBitmap,$OUTPUTDIR & "\generated\test-"&@HOUR&@MIN&@SEC&".png") But what I write to file is a transparent PNG without anything.
      I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious there, I need your help

NB : If this change your answer, my goal will be to generate transparent png, meaning I'll add multiple objects/pictures/texts on a transparent png background and if there are some "transparent holes" I need them to be transparent in the generated png.

Thanks a lot for any help !
      Tim
    • rootx
      By rootx
      I would like to download the first 5 images in a folder. THX.
      #include <INet.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $sSource, $aImgURL, $sKeyWord $sKeyWord = "pug" $sSource = _INetGetSource("http://www.google.com/search?q=" & $sKeyWord & "&tbm=isch") $aImgURL = _StringBetween($sSource, 'src="', '"') For $x = 1 to UBound($aImgURL)-1 ConsoleWrite($aImgURL[$x]&@CRLF) Next  
    • timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hello all.
      I'm trying to do something simple, but I can't manage to find where to start since I can have multiple possibilities and not sure what is the best one :
      Taking screen capture (I can do that) On this capture, I'll look for 10 particular regions that will give me 10 images of 40px * 40px (I can do that) Then what I want is for each of these regions, find on my library of ~140 images which one is the closest one to my region (= the match)  
      What do you think is the best approach ? Ican easily do step 1 and 2, however for the third step :
      I can't use memcmp because they won't be exactly the same (original library can differ a very little bit from what I'll get from my screen capture) There is no text, only drawing Should I do a pixelSum of what I get on screen and do the same via GDIPlus for each of my images in the library?  
      Thanks a lot,
      Tim

• GtaSpider
      By GtaSpider
      Hey everyone,
      When I try to add blur to an Image with _GDIPlus_EffectCreateBlur and _GDIPlus_BitmapApplyEffect the blur is only horizontal, not horizontal and vertical, if the blur radius is <= 20. 
      Easy to test with the Image I attached and the default example from the helpfile of 
      _GDIPlus_BitmapApplyEffect The second Image I attached is the result and as you can see the cross is only blurred in one direction.  Does anyone have a clue why this happens and furthermore a solution for this problem? (I could just rotate the picture but then it would be twice as time consuming...)
      Thanks in advance,
      Spider
      p.s.: Running Win 10 Pro with all updates