2048 Game

llewxam

I have been addicted to the game 2048 by Estoty Entertainment Lab on my droid phone for a while, and decided that I had to try to code my own version.  It was much harder than I thought it would be!

To play the game (for those of you not yet addicted) you use the arrow keys to slide tiles across the board.  When like tiles meet they merge and add, and another tile is added to the board in a random place.  To win the game you have to create a tile worth 2048.

2048.jpg

Hopefully you have as much fun playing it as I do, and now I have to charge my phone much less often!!   :D

Enjoy

Ian

PS - post a screenshot if you beat my score :)  (probably not too hard actually, got my high score during the 4 days of coding...)

Updated 7/4/2014 - bug fix.  Previous version downloaded 86 times

2048.au3

Edited by llewxam

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

hmm, interesting, I never bothered to compile it so was not aware of that issue. Thanks for the heads up!

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, I am able to compile with 3.3.12.0

Ian

My projects:

Another update - I did compile it last night and got no errors, but didn't spend any time playing it.........today I found a bug that made the game hang on a right or down move.  The bug was due to my improper use of _ArrayInsert - apparently the previous versions of AutoIt would create an array with _ArrayInsert if it did not exist but the newer version does not.  I added error checking that will create the array if it does not exist.

So to anyone who had problems, please update and try again!  :)

Ian

My projects:

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

@vinwin Please do not resurrect old threads, especially when you don't add anything of value.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!