Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badapple89

WinWait Start Menu for Win8 Never detects.

10 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I basically want to create a Windows 8 Training script for new users, so need a popup to show when they open the start menu.

WinWait and WinWaitActive are never detecting on my Win8 64 bit computer when waiting for the new start screen window.

I have used "Start menu" and "[CLASS:ImmersiveLauncher]" for the title, even "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND]"

Below is the Window info the the Start Screen

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  Start menu
Class:  ImmersiveLauncher
Position:   1920, 0
Size:   1920, 1080
Style:  0x96000000
ExStyle:    0x00200008
Handle: 0x0000000000010190

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  DirectUIHWND
Instance:   0
ClassnameNN:    DirectUIHWND0
Name:   
Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:0]
ID: 
Text:   
Position:   0, 0
Size:   1920, 1080
ControlClick Coords:    138, 174
Style:  0x56000000
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle: 0x0000000000010192

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   2058, 174
Cursor ID:  0
Color:  0x180053

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<
Explorer Browser Control

I have this setup to run as a test when I press a hotkey:

$title = WinGetTitle ("[ACTIVE]")

$state = WinGetState  ($title)

ConsoleWrite ($title &" "& $state)

I get "Start menu 0" its always 0 no matter what (it works correctly with other programs)

I can get the PID of start menu but how can I then check when its active from that?

Any help appreciated

EDIT: I can only get the PID, Handle or anything else if the Start window is open. I cannot use win wait with any of this info though.

Edited by badapple89

Hi there,

maybe this?

while 1
$state = WinActive("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
sleep (50)
if $state = 0x000200B0 Then
    MsgBox(16, "test", "i hit start menu")
    Exit
EndIf
ConsoleWrite ($state & @CRLF)
wend

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Didn't work November, never get the msg box.

AdmiralClaws, I don't have time to look into that and the project is on the back burner now.

However for those following at home my solution was:

;LAUNCH START
Send ("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")
;GET HANDLE
$winH = WinGetHandle ("[ACTIVE]")
;Clsoe Start
Send ("{LWINDOWN}{LWINUP}")

WinWaitActive ($winH)

And this DOES work.

Issue now is making the msg box/creating a gui that displays OVERTOP of the win8 start screen :(
Played around for a bit and nothing seemed to work (top attribute, show, popup window etc)
Project on hold though....for now

Thanks for the help.

Issue now is making the msg box/creating a gui that displays OVERTOP of the win8 start screen :(

Played around for a bit and nothing seemed to work (top attribute, show, popup window etc)

Project on hold though....for now

Thanks for the help.

To display on top of the start screen, your executable must have UIAccess="true" in the manifest.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/8529357f-3ff8-4c83-baaf-5215ca9cc14a/desktop-apps-on-top-of-metro

Didn't work November, never get the msg box.

Hi there,

I just saw your input.

Instead of relaying in keystroke, try this new code. I think is more rebust.

$gethandle = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")

While 1
$state = WinActive("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
Sleep(10)
If $state = $gethandle Then
MsgBox(16, "test", "I can do something now")
Exit
EndIf
WEnd

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Nooooope still doesn't trigger the msgbox.

Edit: Actually the msg box triggers when left or right clicking the task bar (not when start screen is showing or when clicking win 8.1 start button)

Tried to change class to immersive launcher and did not help

Edited by badapple89

Nooooope still doesn't trigger the msgbox.

Edit: Actually the msg box triggers when left or right clicking the task bar (not when start screen is showing or when clicking win 8.1 start button)

Tried to change class to immersive launcher and did not help

You are right my friend.

Please care to try this one please!

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    $hControl = ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]", "", "Start")
    If $hControl = 0x00000000 Then
        Send("{ESCAPE}")
        MsgBox(16, "test", "I can do something now")
        Exit
    EndIf
Wend

It worked for me Win 8.1 64bits

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Noooope still nothing. Maybe as I have two screens? Also tried CLASS:DirectUIHWND as thats what I get in AU3tInfo but then it triggers as soon as its run - regardless of start menu open.

I don't really need this anymore though so will leave it for others to continue on with.

But thanks for the help!

Noooope still nothing. Maybe as I have two screens? Also tried CLASS:DirectUIHWND as thats what I get in AU3tInfo but then it triggers as soon as its run - regardless of start menu open.

I don't really need this anymore though so will leave it for others to continue on with.

But thanks for the help!

Hi again,

Strange, i am also using dual monitor and is working for me.

As soon as you click start button sends me a msgbox.

Well at least we tryed!!!  ;)

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      if ControlClick("[CLASS:MsiDialogCloseClass]"," ","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") Then $htreeview=ControlGetHandle($hwnd,"","[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]") ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The above code worked well to enable the martupgrade feature on windows 7.
      As part of our Installation Testing Automation before delivering the installer to end user.To confirm whether all the screens are working good.

But it is not working on windows 10.

$h= ControlTreeView($hwnd," ",$htreeview,"Select","#4") The $h is getting value 1,which means error.
    • ur
      By ur
      I have automated an install process by using the below code.

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0) WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) EndFunc $win1 = "Text 1" $win2 = "Text 2" _WinWaitActivate($win1,"WARNING: This progra") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{SPACE}") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"I DISAGREE and &do n") Send("{UP}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Customer Information") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{TAB}{TAB}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Click Next to instal") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"This feature require") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("{TAB}n") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"Ready to Install the") Send("{ALTDOWN}i{ALTUP}");Send("i") _WinWaitActivate($win1,"The InstallShield Wi") Send("{ALTDOWN}f{ALTUP}");Send("f") _WinWaitActivate($win2,"You must restart you") Send("{ALTDOWN}n{ALTUP}");Send("n") Now if any new screen comes in the middle of installation, like some VC++ installation error or like that.
      The AutoIT is waiting in the background.
      Is there any way to skip the new screens with just "enter" and continue the installation??
    • odaylton
      By odaylton
      Translated by Google. Sorry for any mistakes.
      Sorry for creating this post based on other great creations but after 15 days searching for a solution to a problem beast I solved them.
      Maybe someone new like me can take advantage of this solution for their programs without wasting so much time
      I want to leave here my thanks to the 2 post that saved my life
      First the Yashied for the excellent work in the article:

And commenting on improvements to the _FileGetShortcutEX function Commented on by
      Ascend4nt

Here is my list linking the 2 articles
      #Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #Include <GUIImageList.au3> #Include <GUITreeView.au3> #Include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #Include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Include <WinAPIEx.au3> #include "_FileGetShortcutEX.au3" Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Global $hForm, $hTreeView, $hImageList, $hItem = 0, $hSelect = 0, $hInput, $Input, $Dummy1, $Dummy2 ;novas linhas <<<<< Global $hInput2, $Input2 Global $X, $Y, $sPath, $sRoot = @ProgramsCommonDir; mudado para o projeto @HomeDrive $hForm = GUICreate('MyGUI', 600, 600) $Input = GUICtrlCreateInput('', 20, 20, 560, 19) $hInput = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) ;novas linhas <<<<< $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput('', 20, 40, 560, 19) $hInput2 = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1) ;GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) ;$hTreeView = _GUICtrlTreeView_Create($hForm, 20, 50, 560, 530, BitOR($TVS_HASBUTTONS, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_LINESATROOT, $TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP, $TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) ;_GUICtrlTreeView_SetHeight($hTreeView, 18) GUICtrlCreateTreeView(20, 90, 560, 530, -1, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $hTreeView = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1) $Dummy1 = GUICtrlCreateDummy() $Dummy2 = GUICtrlCreateDummy() If _WinAPI_GetVersion() >= '6.0' Then _WinAPI_SetWindowTheme($hTreeView, 'Explorer') EndIf $hImageList = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 1) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImageList, @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 3) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImageList, @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 4) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImageList, @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 51) _GUICtrlTreeView_SetNormalImageList($hTreeView, $hImageList) $sRoot = StringRegExpReplace(FileGetLongName($sRoot), '\\+\Z', '') $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sRoot, '^.*\\', '') If StringInStr($sPath, ':') Then $sRoot &= '\' $sPath &= '\' EndIf If _WinAPI_PathIsDirectory($sRoot) Then $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, 0, $sPath, 0, 0) If FileClose(FileFindFirstFile($sRoot & '\*')) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, $hItem, '', 2, 2) EndIf EndIf GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, 'WM_NOTIFY') GUISetState() If $hItem Then _GUICtrlTreeView_Expand($hTreeView, $hItem) EndIf While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Dummy1 ; Update GUISetCursor(1, 1) _TVUpdate($hTreeView, GUICtrlRead($Dummy1)) GUISetCursor(2, 0) Case $Dummy2 ; Menu $hItem = GUICtrlRead($Dummy2) $sPath = _TVGetPath($hTreeView, $hItem, $sRoot) ConsoleWrite('-------------------------------' & @CR) ConsoleWrite('Handle: ' & $hItem & @CR) ConsoleWrite('Path: ' & $sPath & @CR) If _WinAPI_PathIsDirectory($sPath) Then ConsoleWrite('Type: ' & 'Directory' & @CR) Else ConsoleWrite('Type: ' & 'File' & @CR) EndIf ConsoleWrite('X: ' & MouseGetPos(0) & @CR) ConsoleWrite('Y: ' & MouseGetPos(1) & @CR) ConsoleWrite('-------------------------------' & @CR) EndSwitch WEnd Func _TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot) Local $Path = StringRegExpReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($hTV, $hItem), '([|]+)|(\\[|])', '\\') If Not $Path Then Return '' EndIf If Not StringInStr($Path, ':') Then Return StringRegExpReplace($sRoot, '(\\[^\\]*(\\|)+)\Z', '\\') & $Path EndIf Return $Path EndFunc ;==>_TVGetPath Func _TVSetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot) ;16/11/24 incerindo variaveis pra detalhamento Local $Arq = _TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot) Local $sDir_Name = StringRegExpReplace($Arq, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "\1") Local $NomeArq = StringRegExpReplace($Arq, "^.*\\", "") Local $NomeArqPos = StringInStr($NomeArq, ".", 0, -1);localiza o ponto da extenso if $NomeArqPos Then Local $NomeArq2 = StringLeft($NomeArq, $NomeArqPos - 1) Local $ArqTipo = StringTrimLeft($NomeArq, $NomeArqPos ) if $ArqTipo="lnk" Then Local $t=_FileGetShortcutEX($Arq);FileGetShortcut($Arq) if $t[2]<> "" Then $t[0] &= "' '"&$t[2] EndIf GUICtrlSetData($Input2,"'"&$t[0] &"'") EndIf Else Local $NomeArq2=$NomeArq Local $ArqTipo='' EndIf Local $sDOS_Dir = FileGetShortName($sDir_Name, 1) GUICtrlSetData($Input, _WinAPI_PathCompactPath($hInput,$Arq, 554)) $hSelect = $hItem EndFunc ;==>_TVSetPath Func _TVUpdate($hTV, $hItem) Local $hImageList = _SendMessage($hTV, $TVM_GETIMAGELIST) Local $Path = StringRegExpReplace(_TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot), '\\+\Z', '') Local $hIcon, $hSearch, $hSubitem Local $Index, $File _WinAPI_LockWindowUpdate($hTV) _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTV, _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstChild($hTV, $hItem)) $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($Path & '\*') If $hSearch = -1 Then If Not @error Then If FileExists($Path) Then ; If _WinAPI_PathIsDirectory($Path) Then ; ; Access denied ; EndIf Else _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTV, $hItem) _WinAPI_LockWindowUpdate(0) Return 0 EndIf EndIf Else While 1 $File = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf If @extended Then $hSubItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $hItem, $File, 0, 0) If FileClose(FileFindFirstFile($Path & '\' & $File & '\*')) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $hSubItem, '', 2, 2) EndIf EndIf WEnd FileClose($hSearch) EndIf $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($Path & '\*') If $hSearch = -1 Then Else While 1 $File = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf If Not @extended Then $hIcon = _WinAPI_ShellExtractAssociatedIcon($Path & '\' & $File, 1) $Index = _GUIImageList_ReplaceIcon($hImageList, -1, $hIcon) _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $hItem, $File, $Index, $Index) _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon) EndIf WEnd FileClose($hSearch) EndIf _GUICtrlTreeView_SetItemParam($hTV, $hItem, 0x7FFFFFFF) _WinAPI_LockWindowUpdate(0) Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_TVUpdate Func _WinAPI_LockWindowUpdate2($hWnd) Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'LockWindowUpdate', 'hwnd', $hWnd) If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_LockWindowUpdate ;AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Disable_Debug Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Local $tNMTREEVIEW = DllStructCreate($tagNMTREEVIEW, $lParam) Local $hItem = DllStructGetData($tNMTREEVIEW, 'NewhItem') Local $iState = DllStructGetData($tNMTREEVIEW, 'NewState') Local $hTV = DllStructGetData($tNMTREEVIEW, 'hWndFrom') Local $ID = DllStructGetData($tNMTREEVIEW, 'Code') Local $tTVHTI, $tPoint Switch $hTV Case $hTreeView Switch $ID ;AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Enable_Debug Case $TVN_ITEMEXPANDEDW If Not FileExists(_TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot)) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTV, $hItem) If BitAND($iState, $TVIS_SELECTED) Then _TVSetPath($hTV, _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($hTV), $sRoot) EndIf Else If Not BitAND($iState, $TVIS_EXPANDED) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelectedImageIndex($hTV, $hItem, 0) _GUICtrlTreeView_SetImageIndex($hTV, $hItem, 0) Else _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelectedImageIndex($hTV, $hItem, 1) _GUICtrlTreeView_SetImageIndex($hTV, $hItem, 1) If Not _GUICtrlTreeView_GetItemParam($hTV, $hItem) Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($Dummy1, $hItem) EndIf EndIf EndIf Case $TVN_SELCHANGEDW If BitAND($iState, $TVIS_SELECTED) Then If Not FileExists(_TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot)) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTV, $hItem) $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($hTV) EndIf If $hItem <> $hSelect Then _TVSetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot) EndIf EndIf Case $NM_RCLICK $tPoint = _WinAPI_GetMousePos(1, $hTV) $tTVHTI = _GUICtrlTreeView_HitTestEx($hTV, DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1), DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2)) $hItem = DllStructGetData($tTVHTI, 'Item') If BitAND(DllStructGetData($tTVHTI, 'Flags'), $TVHT_ONITEM) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_SelectItem($hTreeView, $hItem) If Not FileExists(_TVGetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot)) Then _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTV, $hItem) $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($hTV) Else GUICtrlSendToDummy($Dummy2, $hItem) EndIf If $hItem <> $hSelect Then _TVSetPath($hTV, $hItem, $sRoot) EndIf EndIf ;AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Disable_Debug EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY ;AutoIt_Debugger_Command:Enable_Debug  
    • Tankerspam
      By Tankerspam
      Hi all,
      [Note: This is designed for MY PC if I get enough interest I may optimize it for other people's/make it universal.]
      This is an example script (purely a concept)
      Examples below.
      Please read the concept idea before using.
      You will need all the below files for it to work (Bar the source code.)
      Please note that while I am giving access to this any damage done is not to be held to my accountabilitiy, additionally, please do not claim this is your own, and if you do improve on this it would be great to give some credit to me :D. You may give this away freely and are free to do what you wish with this.
      Have fun with the code and enjoy.
      Background for concept:
      I started designing this to be a Windows 8 start menu, one of my mates asked me if he could use it, also asked me to put it on the web somewhere, and I no longer use windows 8 (that yucky OS! I hope most of you will agree with me on that.) I guess you could say, it's like the windows 95/98 start menu in looks, a but yuck. Anyway have fun and enjoy.
      I may optimize this for other PCs if I get enough interest.
      ChangeLog.txt
      ConceptIdea.txt
      Start Menu Concept1.au3
      Start Menu Concept1.exe
    • littleboy62
      By littleboy62
      Hello everyone.
      First, sorry for mistakes, I'm french. ^^
      =====
      I've tried (and I try always) to pin a shortcut (lnk) to startmenu (on Windows 10).

Look this subject (in forum FR autoit) : http://www.autoitscript.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12031
      The script I wrote, doesn't work, despithe the display of "Épingler à l'écran de démarrage" by a consolewrite.
      This is the script :
      #RequireAdmin $path = @DesktopDir & "\vlc.lnk" PinToTaskBand($path) Func PinToTaskBand($path) $objShell = ObjCreate("shell.application") $objFSO = ObjCreate("Scripting.FileSystemObject") $strFolder = $objFSO.GetParentFolderName($path) $strFile = $objFSO.GetFileName($path) $objFolder = $objShell.Namespace($strFolder) $objFolderItem = $objFolder.ParseName($strFile) $colVerbs = $objFolderItem.Verbs For $itemVerb In $objFolderItem.Verbs ;~ MsgBox(0,"", $itemVerb.name) $var = StringReplace($itemVerb.name, "&", "") ConsoleWrite($var & " | ") If $var = "Pin to startmenu" Or $var="Épingler à l’écran de démarrage" Then MsgBox(0, "", 1) $itemVerb.DoIt EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>PinToTaskBand Func UnpinToTaskBand($path) $objShell = ObjCreate("shell.application") $objFSO = ObjCreate("Scripting.FileSystemObject") $strFolder = $objFSO.GetParentFolderName($path) $strFile = $objFSO.GetFileName($path) $objFolder = $objShell.Namespace($strFolder) $objFolderItem = $objFolder.ParseName($strFile) $colVerbs = $objFolderItem.Verbs For $itemVerb In $objFolderItem.Verbs ConsoleWrite($itemVerb.name & " | ") If StringReplace($itemVerb.name, "&", "") == "Unpin from Taskbar" Or StringReplace($itemVerb.name, "&", "") == "Détacher de la barre des tâches" Then $itemVerb.DoIt Next EndFunc ;==>UnpinToTaskBand If StringInStr($var, "Pin to startmenu") Or StringInStr($var, "Épingler à l’écran de démarrage") Then MsgBox(0, "", 1) $itemVerb.DoIt EndIf  
      It shows 1 (msgbox) correctly.
      But $itemVerb.DoIt doesn't work.

Someone would he know how to do ?
      If i do mistakes, where are it ? Please.
      Else, is there another way to pin a shortcut to startmenu (on windows 10)?
      Thanks by advance.
      Cheers.
      Good day guys:D