Sign in to follow this  
monter

FileSelectFolder - how to come back to old style? [solved]

Hello, is there any way to achieve in current AutoIt versions old style looking FileSelectFolder, like in v.3.3.9.5?
I can't operate on COMs, maybe anyone knows the way, has a code?
It looked like this (attachement):

I don't like new style, some features don't work for me properly.

post-8097-0-67753000-1408053753_thumb.pn

Edited by monter

monter.FM [font="Tahoma;"]Full programs:[/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"] LogOnOff - keeps alive user session, after set time it performs logoff (instead of locking [acronym="Personal Computer"]PC[/acronym], useful in some corporations working with [acronym="Active Directory"]AD[/acronym]).[/font] ČharCönvěr - character set converter. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]CDTray - automated opening/closing the [acronym="Compact Disc"]CD[/acronym] tray.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]Example scripts: [/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]RecentFolders - managing recently used folder list with combobox.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]AutoUpdater - periodic auto-checking, auto-updating and auto-relaunching newest script version.[/font] Changed host from monter.homeip.net to monter.homenet.org - replace address in my scripts to get back them to work.

Go back to his screenshot. The default for me does not include the folder section above the buttons. The 5 parameter adds that part in for me. On my system, the dialog is exactly like his screenshot. Except mine is in English.

RAID Calculator | Software Installer

The truth has been suppressed since the dawn of time.

My machine is 32 bit OS.

Could be a bug to do with 64 bit, but might also have been fixed in a later beta.

Or may not be a bug at all.

But It is supposed to use Vista+ style dialogue by default if available.

The version of the OS may have something to do with it. I am not sure. There's probably someone who knows and is laughing at us like we're the 3 stooges. Anyways, below are screenshots of what I see. I put the folder browser right under the script that was used to make it.

Default:

6qxphw.jpg

"5" option:

34t1q4m.jpg

RAID Calculator | Software Installer

The truth has been suppressed since the dawn of time.

Try this, straight from china  :)

http://www.autoitx.com/archiver/tid-4897.html

Yes! That's it!

I added a flag 6:

_FileSelectFolder('demoAPI', 0, 6)

and it looks like I wanted to see:

Thank you! :)

post-8097-0-18676300-1408064475_thumb.pn

monter.FM [font="Tahoma;"]Full programs:[/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"] LogOnOff - keeps alive user session, after set time it performs logoff (instead of locking [acronym="Personal Computer"]PC[/acronym], useful in some corporations working with [acronym="Active Directory"]AD[/acronym]).[/font] ČharCönvěr - character set converter. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]CDTray - automated opening/closing the [acronym="Compact Disc"]CD[/acronym] tray.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]Example scripts: [/font][font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]RecentFolders - managing recently used folder list with combobox.[/font] [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif';"]AutoUpdater - periodic auto-checking, auto-updating and auto-relaunching newest script version.[/font] Changed host from monter.homeip.net to monter.homenet.org - replace address in my scripts to get back them to work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Clouds
      Hi,
      I'm writing a script that interacts with a webpage.
      The contents of the webpage depend on the size of the browser window.
      To get the (for me) correct contents from the page, the browser window must be maximized.
      However, I also don't need or want to see the browser window when the script creates it, so it should be invisible.
      At first I created the browser window with simply this: 
      $oIE = _IECreate ($url ,0 ,0 ,1 ,0) However, from the results I can see that the invisible browser window isn't maximized.
      So I changed the code to maximize the window, but then it becomes visible.
      Now I have this:
      $oIE = _IECreate ($url ,0 ,0 ,1 ,0) $hIE = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd") WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) WinSetState($hIE, "", @SW_HIDE) ...but then I do see the browser window shortly when it is maximized.
      I could live with that if it were just a single browser window. But the script is opening (and closing) quite a few browser windows, and I don't wait to see them flicker, nor do I want to (be able to accidentally) interact with these windows.
      Any ideas on how to create and invisible yet maximized IE windows?
    • By MajKSA
      Hello
      I created a script to split a text file to multiple files based on the first two characters of each line, Example:
      ORIGINAL.txt:
      about my brother and me. About me? Naturally, you can't know. Nature must take her course! The result of this example will be two files:
      AB.txt
      about my brother and me. About me? NA.txt
      Naturally, you can't know. Nature must take her course! As you see the first two characters will be the file name.
      My script does the job.
      So, What's the problem?
      The problem is that my script is so slow with big files.
      I tried it with a text file with 1,000,000 lines and it took about half an hour to finish 20% only.

Here is my script:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <scriptingdic.au3> ;Download from: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/182334-scripting-dictionary-modified/ Global $Lines _FileReadToArray("ORIGINAL.txt", $Lines, $FRTA_NOCOUNT) Global $initArr = ["----"] Global $dict = _InitDictionary() $Total = UBound($Lines) $LastRound = 0 For $i = 0 To UBound($Lines)-1 Step +1 ;Extract the first two characters of the current line $FirstTwoChar = StringMid($Lines[$i], 1, 2) ;Replace symbols that are not valid for file names $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, " ", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, "<", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, ">", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, "?", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, '"', "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, "|", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, ":", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, "\", "_") $FirstTwoChar = StringReplace($FirstTwoChar, "/", "_") ;Add the first two characters as a key in the dictionary with an array as its value. if not _ItemExists($dict, $FirstTwoChar) then $initArr[0] = $FirstTwoChar _AddItem($dict, $FirstTwoChar, $initArr) EndIf ;Add the current line to the array. $tmpArray = _Item($dict, $FirstTwoChar) _ArrayAdd($tmpArray ,$Lines[$i]) _ChangeItem($dict, $FirstTwoChar, $tmpArray) ;Show progress on the screen $Percent = $i / $Total * 100 if round($Percent) <> $LastRound then ToolTip('...'&round($Percent)&"%",0,5) $LastRound = round($Percent) EndIf Next ;Save each array as text file DirCreate("result") For $Key In $Dict $FinalArray = _Item($dict, $Key) $FileName = $FinalArray[0] _ArrayDelete($FinalArray, 0) ;_ArrayDisplay($FinalArray) _FileWriteFromArray("result\"&$FileName&".txt", $FinalArray) Next
      My limitations:
      * Lines must stay in the same order. You can't change lines order while processing the file.
      Any idea to make this script fast?
      Thanks.
      Example of ORIGINAL text file.rar
    • By hendrikhe
      Hello,
      I am wondering how to "scroll" to left and right  (till the end ) on a webpage .
      Sending Arrow left/right only moves a bit, I wan to move isntaly to the end
      Up and down is easily done sending Page Up and Page Down.
      Any ideas?
      Greetings
      Hendrik
    • By Zag8888
      Hey folks, I have a little problem with my script.
      I have no experience with these things, and I know for  sure that my code is not the best, but please be lenient, thanks 😅
      The User should first choose 1 of the 2 Options to actually start the script. If 1 of the 2 Option is choosen then the User should click start again and all should work.
      I have already commented the problem, If the button Start is clicked before, the User will select just 1 of the 2 option and the program will start (Without clicking start).How can I set $Start to $GUI_UNCHECKED? I have already tried to use GuiCtrlSetState, but didnt worked.

$Start = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Start", 20, 200, 90, 50,bitor($BS_CENTER,0,0)) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Start,"Startallrun") Func Startallrun() If ((GUICtrlRead($Option1) = $GUI_UNCHECKED) And (GUICtrlRead($Option2) = $GUI_UNCHECKED)) Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Error", "You have to select 1 Option") While (GUICtrlRead($Option1) = $GUI_UNCHECKED) Sleep(10) If (GUICtrlRead($Option1) = $GUI_CHECKED) Or (GUICtrlRead($Option2) = $GUI_CHECKED) Then GUICtrlSetState($Start,$GUI_UNCHECKED) ; This doesen't work for Buttons While (GUICtrlRead($Start) = $GUI_UNCHECKED) Sleep(10) If ($Start = $GUI_CHECKED) Then ; That's the problem. The script will start if I click one of the 2 options (because start was already checked before) ExitLoop EndIf WEnd ExitLoop EndIf WEnd Else If (GUICtrlRead($Option1) = $GUI_CHECKED) Then MsgBox($MB_OK, "Starting", "Start") Start() EndIf EndIf EndFunc  
    • By c.haslam
      _
      _cFileSelectFolder() is intended as a replacement for native FileSelectFolder() for selecting folders: It implements the left pane of FileSelectFolder(), and goes beyond FileSelectFolder() in several ways.
      Features:
      •    It is user friendly and designed to be easy to use;
      •    New folder, Delete folder and Rename folder controls are optional;
      •    Its GUI can be placed anywhere, including centred on another window;
      •    Neither needs nor uses CLSIDs;
      •    Checks calling parameters rigorously, with the user choosing either to show error messages in a dialog or to set @error and return them to the caller;
      •    For local and mapped drives, accepts file specifications with drives that can be drive letters, drive labels, or both,
      •    For local and mapped drives, always returns drive letter:\ ...\ so its output is compatible with native AutoIt functions.
      •    For UNC paths, returns \\computer\share\...\
      •    For unmapped drives on computers on the network,  offers a shortcut to shares.
      •    Selecting a treeview item to be highlighted initially is specified in a user-friendly way, including a diagnostic for when the user gets it wrong
      •    Because it can be called with many arguments, a user can show a list of the arguments / parameters and their values
      The root of the treeview can be:
      •    The Desktop hierarchy with Desktop at the top
      •     Partial Desktop hierarchy with any other Desktop item at the top, with or without local/mapped drives and file folders, or remote shares and file folders (as appropriate),
      •     Local/mapped drives and file folders, or
      •    Remote shares and folders.
      The script and example scripts are in the zip file. Documentation beyond what is in the UDF header is  in the PDF file,   cFileSelectFolder 1_6_0.pdf
      Comments and suggestions are most welcome.