New Tab issues

I am playing around with making a simple embedded IE browser, but if I click a link that would normally open in a new tab (aka about:blank) it loads in a new IE window. Is it possible to make them load in the embedded IE instead of a separate app (Sorry if i'm being vague)?

Okay, well my code is the basic IE embed:

$oIE = ObjCreate ("Shell.Explorer.2")

GUICreate("IE Embed", @DektopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, BitOR ($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN))

$GUI_ActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 1335, 600)

;Not all the code, but the only relevant part.

My problem is that if I click a link in the object that when used in a normal browser would open in a new tab, it opens in a new IE window. Is there a way to make it open in the object like a normal link?

Edited by matto100

_IELinkGetCollection()

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

_IELinkGetCollection is for getting all the links in a document, I believe the OP is asking about opening secondary pages.

@matto100 - you're creating an object, and then embedding that object in a GUI. Do you have tabs in your GUI to support multiple pages? Since you're embedded just the IE object in your GUI, not the entire Window, I don't see how you're going to expect tabs unless you make them available in your GUI itself (you essentially are creating your own IE window around the object).

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13 ah, so getting a secondary page is different then getting all links on the page?

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

You are correct he is looking for a link on the page, however (and I could be wrong so waiting on OP to clarify) it looks like in his GUI, when he clicks manually on a link, he would like it to open another IE tab within the GUI instead of opening the second page outside the GUI.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hm. Would you get the target property and make it blank, then open the link in a new tab in the GUI?

Snips & Scripts