Echo effect the microphone

Belini

You can create an echo effect the microphone using Autoit? If the answer is yes what is the code I use?

@DanYfirex, unfortunately the code that has the link you posted are in C ++ and I have no knowledge in this language.

Many soundcards have echo-type effects built into them. If you don't have that, then the easiest way would be to use third party (sound recording or sound effects) software of some kind - most likely a professional program which allows live monitoring. I don't think Audacity can do this. The problem requires quite a lot of preprocessing, plus you will need to avoid latency on playback of the engineered audio which I think this is your biggest problem. If it was a simple case of recording the sound and then playing it back in a delayed loop, this would be much easier.

Edited by czardas

@czardas, record sound and then play in a loop with atrasso until it would work but will record often causing wear on the hard disk, it seems that what I want is much more complex than I imagined!

Yes I believe it is complicated. You have to playback the sound before the recording has finished. It should be possible to cut the the recording into chunks, rejoin sections for streaming and delete spent sections after playback. All of this should probably be done in memory, and would be like creating a virtual simulation of the old analog copycat echo units which used a tape loop to do the same job. I wouldn't quite know where to begin.

On the other hand, adding an echo effect to a pre-recorded audio file is quite easy - also with AutoIt.

Edited by czardas

I need real-time more thanks for clarifying, I will choose to use an external hardware then!

As long as the source speaker is not the same speaker as the echo speaker, and both are equally audible to the audience, you could...

place a microphone in front of a speaker making noise, then output that microphone through a separate set of speakers.  while the echo time may not be as variable as you would like, it will echo.

(if they are through the same speaker the loop becomes a loop of a loop of a loop etc.... real quick and the muddled output is not desirable in any setting.)

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

not at all.  You could mimic the effect on stage if your monitor was up loud enough for the lead singers mic to pick it up.  Everything he said would sound like a commencement speech where the speakers mic picks up the echo of their voice off the walls.

You are at the mercy of the environment for the rate of echo, but at least there is no programming involved.

**I suppose my parenthetical example would eventually start to squeal, you of course were referencing that....forget all of the above.

Edited by boththose

not at all.  You could mimic the effect on stage if your monitor was up loud enough for the lead singers mic to pick it up. 

May this way will echo in the background music too and I need to echo the microphone only!

does your microphone currently pick up the background music?  If not, how will that change when you set it in front of a speaker rather than your mouth?

this looks worthy of exploration,  http://www.gutgroove.com/effectogram-sound-effects-processor.html

I am developing a program of karaoke and it will have the background music more sound from microphones!