Sxit

Inaccurate Desktop Resolution

14 posts in this topic

Using the autoit window info tool or using the macros @desktopwidth or @desktophieght gives me a resolution of 1600 x 900 when in fact I'm using a resolution of 1920 x 1080 is there anyway to correct this? it's making scripting extremely difficult.

Using the autoit window info tool or using the macros @desktopwidth or @desktophieght gives me a resolution of 1600 x 900 when in fact I'm using a resolution of 1920 x 1080 is there anyway to correct this? it's making scripting extremely difficult.

What about you show some more details on what you are seeing when ?

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

PATH OF EXILE!

Seriously though that first (left) picture seems to have a 1600 rect outline on it. What's up with that?

I am not a lawyer.  (-_-) Xandy About  (^o^) Discord - Xandy Programmer

Lol I'm glad you like PoE but yeah you can see where it thinks my resolution is.

I've tried all three but I suspect that the problem is deeper than the info tool considering the macros are also giving the wrong size. Can autoit detect resolutions larger than 1600x900? I feel like it totally can.

I've tried all three but I suspect that the problem is deeper than the info tool considering the macros are also giving the wrong size. Can autoit detect resolutions larger than 1600x900? I feel like it totally can.

Take a look at this,maybe will work!

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_get_the_screen_resolution_in_multiple_monitor_setups.3F

DocTorCoder

Nope, still says 1600x900 but thanks for giving it a shot.

I don't think so? How would I know? My Nvidia software says it's up to date pretty sure that's all I have.

It's windows 8.1 and my screen is a multi touch so maybe...? idk.  geforce 745m. 

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

SLOVED IT!

the problem was in fact windows 8.1 screen scaling.

The white rectangle in the first screen shot I posted was showing what my resolution "looks like"

After going into control panel>display I checked "let me choose one scaling for all displays" and then selected 100%

autoit now displays the correct resolution.

yay!

Note to developers: please implement a way to detect the right resolution when using screen scaling.

thanks for everyone's input. hopefully this will help others too.

Edited by Sxit
1 person likes this