Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SorryButImaNewbie

Different between 2 macros

4 posts in this topic

Happy Friday everyone!

I would like to ask a pretty basic question, precisly whats the different between @ScriptDir and @AppDataDir? I know that @ScriptDir is the path for where the script (compiled/uncompiled version) is. Just today I read around some of the codes posted, and to me they seem to be similar after I read the help file. I didn't want to ask it in PM from the poster of the code where I read it

Sorry for the elemetary question, and thank you for the enlightenment!

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

No Master Jos, I read it :) , reads "Path to current user's Roaming Application Data" and "Directory containing the running script. Only includes a trailing backslash when the script is located in the root of a drive." respectivly

I just don't really know whats "Roaming Application Data" means exactly, is it a Temporary file?

Edit: for smile :)

Edited by SorryButImaNewbie

It is equal to the %APPDATA% enviroment variable.

Type that in a Windows Explorer and hit enter or open a CMD window and type Set AppData to see it.

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ces1a
      By ces1a
      I recently upgraded my laptop to one with Windows 10 and higher screen resolution.  In the process I found that some of my scripts did not work right when using Autoit's @DesktopWidth and @DesktopHeight macros.  Insteat of 1920 x 1080 resolution Autoit detects 1536 x 864.  Thus, GUIs designed to appear near the right edge of the screen  displayed closer to the horizontal middle of the screen.  I assume others may have the same problem.
      A search on this forum and Microsoft Script Center helped me to write the following script that gets the true screen width and height from WMI.
      MsgBox(0, '', _GetMonitorInfo())
      Func _GetMonitorInfo()
          Local $oWMI, $Listing, $sWidth = 0, $sHeight = 0
          $oWMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\CIMV2")
          If IsObj($oWMI) Then
              $Listing = $oWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_DesktopMonitor")
              If IsObj($Listing) Then
                  For $oItem In $Listing
                      $sHeight = $oItem.ScreenHeight
                      $sWidth = $oItem.ScreenWidth
                  Next
              EndIf
          EndIf
          Return "Width: " & $sWidth & @CRLF & "Height: " & $sHeight
      EndFunc ;_GetMonitorInfo

Hopefully it will benefit others.  I for sure am very happy with all the samples I been able to find here in the past.
    • skyhigh
      By skyhigh
      I am working at a script (thanks @Chimp for the help on my previous thread) operating on Firefox, based on two time-set loops that are doing the same operations with some differences.
      Now I need to execute a local video at a determinated hour (between 12 and 4).  
      My question is
      What is the best way to determine a precise hour (hh:mm)? I tried
      While @Hour >= 12 & @MIN >= 00 And @HOUR <= 14 & @MIN < 30 But the loop is being ignored, although in the moment I use only @Min for my tests everything works fine.
      This is the essential - and working - structure of the present script:
      #include <ff.au3> _FFStart() While @MIN >= 00 And @MIN < 30 ; 1st Firefox loop Firefox url loop (contains functions and if conditions) WEnd ;Open a new tab and runs a local video; While @MIN >= 32 And @MIN <= 59 ; 2nd Firefox loop Firefox url loop (contains functions and if conditions) WEnd Thanks in advance
    • Mbee
      By Mbee
      I apologize if I'm being stupid, but I could find no general explanation of how AutoIt's macros are implemented.  For example, I can't tell if they're evaluated at compile/build time (i.e., while running Aut2Exe) or at run time?
      I've seen the documentation where the macros and their values are described, but nothing general about them.
      Thanks.