Sign in to follow this  
Mbee

Help me understand macros, please

Mbee

I apologize if I'm being stupid, but I could find no general explanation of how AutoIt's macros are implemented.  For example, I can't tell if they're evaluated at compile/build time (i.e., while running Aut2Exe) or at run time?

I've seen the documentation where the macros and their values are described, but nothing general about them.

Thanks.

water

I think all are evaluated at run time. Some of them only once when the script is started (@CPUArch etc.), some more often (@error, @extended etc.)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Mbee

I think all are evaluated at run time. Some of them only once when the script is started (@CPUArch etc.), some more often (@error, @extended etc.)

Hey, thanks, water! That's what I figured, but as I said I can't find any general info on the topic.

You've helped me before and now once again, and I'm very grateful!

water

Glad to be of service :)

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ces1a
      By ces1a
      I recently upgraded my laptop to one with Windows 10 and higher screen resolution.  In the process I found that some of my scripts did not work right when using Autoit's @DesktopWidth and @DesktopHeight macros.  Insteat of 1920 x 1080 resolution Autoit detects 1536 x 864.  Thus, GUIs designed to appear near the right edge of the screen  displayed closer to the horizontal middle of the screen.  I assume others may have the same problem.
      A search on this forum and Microsoft Script Center helped me to write the following script that gets the true screen width and height from WMI.
      MsgBox(0, '', _GetMonitorInfo())
      Func _GetMonitorInfo()
          Local $oWMI, $Listing, $sWidth = 0, $sHeight = 0
          $oWMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\CIMV2")
          If IsObj($oWMI) Then
              $Listing = $oWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_DesktopMonitor")
              If IsObj($Listing) Then
                  For $oItem In $Listing
                      $sHeight = $oItem.ScreenHeight
                      $sWidth = $oItem.ScreenWidth
                  Next
              EndIf
          EndIf
          Return "Width: " & $sWidth & @CRLF & "Height: " & $sHeight
      EndFunc ;_GetMonitorInfo

Hopefully it will benefit others.  I for sure am very happy with all the samples I been able to find here in the past.
    • skyhigh
      By skyhigh
      I am working at a script (thanks @Chimp for the help on my previous thread) operating on Firefox, based on two time-set loops that are doing the same operations with some differences.
      Now I need to execute a local video at a determinated hour (between 12 and 4).  
      My question is
      What is the best way to determine a precise hour (hh:mm)? I tried
      While @Hour >= 12 & @MIN >= 00 And @HOUR <= 14 & @MIN < 30 But the loop is being ignored, although in the moment I use only @Min for my tests everything works fine.
      This is the essential - and working - structure of the present script:
      #include <ff.au3> _FFStart() While @MIN >= 00 And @MIN < 30 ; 1st Firefox loop Firefox url loop (contains functions and if conditions) WEnd ;Open a new tab and runs a local video; While @MIN >= 32 And @MIN <= 59 ; 2nd Firefox loop Firefox url loop (contains functions and if conditions) WEnd Thanks in advance
    • SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Happy Friday everyone!
      I would like to ask a pretty basic question, precisly whats the different between @ScriptDir and @AppDataDir? I know that @ScriptDir is the path for where the script (compiled/uncompiled version) is. Just today I read around some of the codes posted, and to me they seem to be similar after I read the help file. I didn't want to ask it in PM from the poster of the code where I read it
      Sorry for the elemetary question, and thank you for the enlightenment!