Sign in to follow this  
CharlesStamp

Variables not being passed to array?

CharlesStamp

Hi. I've managed to piece this script together from tutorials and examples I've found, but I've hit a dead-end and could use a little help. I'm trying to create a script that will transfer text from a specific page onto an Excel worksheet. According to what I've read, it should enter 'pizza' into cel A3 of an Excel worksheet, and 'developer' into cel A4.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#Include <FF.au3>
#include <String.au3>

; Go to page and copy the source to clipboard.
If _FFStart("http://ff-au3-example.thorsten-willert.de/") Then
    $sHTML = _FFReadHTML()
    If Not @error Then ClipPut($sHTML)
EndIf

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Declare variables and set to the words surrounding "pizza" and "developer".
    Local $sWordOne = _StringBetween($sHTML, "hlen Sie eine ", ":</legend>")
    Local $sWordTwo = _StringBetween($sHTML, "Mozilla ", " center")

; Create application object and create a new workbook
    Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oAppl)
        If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example", "Error creating the new workbook." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        _Excel_Close($oAppl)
        Exit
        EndIf

; *****************************************************************************
; Write a 1D array to the active sheet in the active workbook
; *****************************************************************************
Global $aArray1D = [$sWordOne, $sWordTwo]
_Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $aArray1D, "A3")
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 2", "Error writing to worksheet." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 2", "1D array successfully written.")
EndFunc ;==>Example

But for some reason, the values of variables $sWordOne and $sWordTwo seem to get deleted before it reaches the Excel page, so the cels just wind up blank. I've double (and triple) checked that the _StringBetween variables are correct when used on their own. I've also found that if I change the variables to integers, it copies them to Excel as it should. I've spent a few hours looking at this and getting nowhere. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Edited by CharlesStamp

CharlesStamp

They do, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. If I use a string, integer or combination of them for the variables it passes them to Excel. It also seems to work fine with just one variable, too. But if there's more than one they just go blank. As far as I can tell it should work, but I don't have much experience with this. I had a similar problem displaying them in arrays, too.

Edited by CharlesStamp

CharlesStamp

I haven't heard about maps before now, but I tried making the change you suggested and the problem now is that it copies $sWordOne to both cels. Again, I get a similar problem when I just display the array, so the issue doesn't seem to be related to Excel or its UDF. It seems to be a problem with how _StringBetween variables are managed.

CharlesStamp

Perfect. Many thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So Im trying to make a simple 2d game and make some sort of collision detection so why not to make a 2 dimensional array but i have no clue how  to write it in multiple lines
      Global $map[5,5] = [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0] something like this but it doesn't work
    • Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

I looked again at the documentation:

#include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

• ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      Recently I have had the need to do a sort and then do a second sort while the item of the first sort stays the same ( double sorting , first on column x then while column x is the same sort column y).
      I did not put much efffort into error checking but so far I did not need it.
      For my applications so far it works perfectly however if someone is willing I want to test this extensivly.
      If anyone has big lists of random stuff to sort could you try this out please?
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArraySort_Double ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _ArraySort_Double (Byref $array[, $first_index = Default[, $second_index = Default[, $ascending = Default]]]) ; Parameters ....: $array - 2d array to sort. ; $first_index - [optional] first column to sort. Default is 0. ; $second_index - [optional] second column to sort. Default is 1. ; $ascending - [optional] ascending/descending. Default is 1. ; Return values .: 1 if no errors occured , -1 if errors occured ; Author ........: Ternal ; Remarks .......: Needs excessive testing. ; Related .......: _arraysort() ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySort_Double (byref $array, $first_index = Default, $second_index = Default, $ascending = Default) Local $temp_value Local $counter = 1 If UBound($array, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then MsgBox(0, "error", "error") return -1 EndIf If $first_index = Default Then $first_index = 0 If $second_index = Default Then $second_index = 1 If $ascending = Default Then $ascending = 1 _ArraySort($array, $ascending, 0, 0, $first_index); you can alter settings of primary sort here If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $temp_value = $array[0][$first_index] For $x = 1 to UBound($array, 1) - 1 If Mod( $x, 10000) = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("at " & $x & " of a total : " & UBound($array, 1) & @CRLF) If $array[$x][$first_index] = $temp_value Then $counter+= 1 If $x = UBound($array, 1) - 1 Then; do last line here(if last line is not a new item) _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 34 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf EndIf Else If $counter > 0 Then ;at least 2 of the same _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x - 1, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 29 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $counter = 1 EndIf EndIf $temp_value = $array[$x][$first_index] Next Return 1 EndFunc Kind regards, Ternal
    • Gringo
      By Gringo
      Hi,
      I'm trying to create a shortcut playing with variables but I can't figure out what's wrong
      I got 2 variables joined in one with for instance
      Local $path = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:" & "", "Select your executable (*.exe)", 1 + 4)
      Local $elev = 'c:\windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high '
      $target = $elev & $path
      FileCreateShortcut($target, @DesktopCommonDir & "\linked.lnk", StringLeft($target,StringInStr($target,"\",0,-1)) , "" , "" , "c:\i.ico")
      The problem is that a shortcut is created but instead of the target area I got the start in filled with my variable
      My second problem is that when I do a shell execute of the result of $target = $elev & $path, Note that if I do a batch with the variable written manually, it's working.
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So I've made this script that detects how long i have held down my left mouse button for and stores the information in an array and then sorts its using _ArraySort but the output is half sorted half broken.
      Here's my script:
      HotKeySet("{F1}","_exit") #include <Misc.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll") $on = False Global $array[0] While(1) If _IsPressed(01,$dll) Then $timer = _Timer_Init() While _IsPressed(01,$dll) Sleep(1) WEnd $time = _Timer_Diff($timer) _ArrayAdd($array,"Time: " & Floor($time) & " ms") ;~ ConsoleWrite("Time: " & Floor($time) & " ms" & @CRLF) EndIf Sleep(50) WEnd Func _exit() _ArraySort($array) _ArrayDisplay($array) Exit EndFunc And the output:

See how its not sorted?  What is the problem here?