Skysnake

Read value of Label

Skysnake

Hi
Wiki has this entry: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Label, which differs from the actual Help file.

I can not READ the value of a LABEL.  Code

GuiCtrlRead($myLabel)

returns "False". Help appreciated.

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

TheSpannish

Dont really know all about guis but it isn´t supose to be a label a static text? I mean, why do you have to know whats in there if you are the one setting the text to the label, the user can´t change a label, can he?

Codding its just my life!  :thumbsup: 

Skysnake

The Label displays things.  Depending on what the user chooses, the label text changes.  Like "you pressed the green button" - now I want to READ the current message from the Label

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

satanttin

Not sure if i understand you correctly but u can try it with

$test = guictrlread($myLabel)
msgbox(0, "title", $test)

or just
msgbox(0, "title", $myLabel)

not sure if that's what u need to do though

BrewManNH

I don't know what you tried, as you didn't post any code, but this works for me.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    GUICreate("My GUI") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

GUISetHelp("notepad.exe") ; will run notepad if F1 is typed
    Local $iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", 2)

Local $iWidthCell = 70
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Line 1 Cell 1", 10, 30, $iWidthCell) ; first cell 70 width
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Line 2 Cell 1", -1, 0) ; next line
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Line 3 Cell 2", 0, 0) ; next line and next cell
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Line 3 Cell 3", 0, -1) ; next cell same line
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Line 4 Cell 1", -3 * $iWidthCell, 0) ; next line Cell1
    ConsoleWrite("Label text for the last label created is: " & GUICtrlRead(-1) & @CRLF)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; will display an empty dialog box

; Loop until the user exits.
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd

$iOldOpt = Opt("GUICoordMode", $iOldOpt)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      I'm learning about GUI's, I'm trying the below code, the idea being if I press the letter "e" while I have the GUI open I want the label color to change to green (I'm using a UDF for label colors). But every time I press "e" on my keyboard I just get a "ding" sound from my speakers and nothing changes with the label.
      I've looked at using something like "While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE" as I've seen it in other code instead of "While 1", but I don't think it's relevant.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>; for GUI... #include <GUIRichLabel.au3>; UDF for rich text label fonts #include <Misc.au3>; for _IsPressed $myLetter = "e" $hGUI = GUICreate("test", 700, 60) $lbl2 = _GUICtrlRichLabel_Create($hGUI, '<font color="purple">' & $myLetter & '</font>', 10, 10); , 260, 25 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") While 1 if _IsPressed(Hex($myLetter), $hDLL) Then While _IsPressed(Hex($myLetter), $hDLL) Sleep(250) WEnd _GUICtrlRichLabel_SetData($lbl2, '<font color="green">' & $myLetter & '</font>') Sleep(2000) DllClose($hDLL) Exit EndIf Sleep(50) WEnd DllClose($hDLL) I am using an array of letters that I'm wanting to do this for, but as I can't get it to work I've stripped it down to the simplest code I can think of to try and get this working first. Appreciate any help.
      Thanks!
    • thoms
      By thoms
      Hello Forum,
      I'm trying to vertically center text in label controls, but no way. The search on the forum returns no result, or I don't search the right way
      When I insert a button and a label of same size close to each other, the text is centered on the button, but top aligned on the label, or edit. Which doesn't look really aesthetic
      Any idea is welcome
      Thanks in advance,
      Thoms
    • fopetesl
      By fopetesl
      One statement of GUICtrlRead() fails. Result is always "Long/Short" in written file.
      The other GUICtrlRead() calls work as expected
      Func GetScanSettings() ; Read User Input for scan Local $collectusername, $collectlot, $collectsample $UserFile = "Sample.dat" ; Global $UserFile = save this scan's parameters $datafile = FileOpen($UserFile) If( $datafile <> -1) Then $collectusername = FileReadLine($datafile, 1) EndIf FileClose($datafile) ; now open a new 'clean' file.. $datafile = FileOpen($UserFile,$FO_OVERWRITE ) ;Create GUI $Main = GUICreate('Enter Sample Detail', 500, 500) Opt("GUICoordMode",1) If( $collectusername <> "") Then $username = GUICtrlCreateInput($collectusername,100,20,100,20) Else $username = GUICtrlCreateInput('',100,20,100,20) EndIf $usernamelabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Username',30,22) $FileName = GUICtrlCreateInput("",100,45,100,0) $FileNamelabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('File Name',30,47) $BatchNum = GUICtrlCreateInput("",100,65,100,0) $BatchNumlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Lot',30,72) $SampleNum = GUICtrlCreateInput("",100,85,100,0) $SampleNumlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Sample',30,97) $SampleLS = GUICtrlCreateInput("",100,105,100,0) $SampleNumLS = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Long/Short',30,117) $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK", 190, 170, 0, 0, 0x0001) GUISetState (); Run the GUI until the dialog is closed While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() ; complete data entries Select Case $msg = $Button_1 $collectusername = GUICtrlRead($username) WinSetState('Collect Username','',@SW_HIDE) $collectfilename = GUICtrlRead($FileName) $collectlot = GUICtrlRead($BatchNum) $collectsample = GUICtrlRead($SampleNum) $collectLS = GUICtrlRead($SampleNumLS) ; Do ; $collectLS = GUICtrlRead($SampleNumLS) ; If $collectLS <> 'Long' And $collectLS <> 'Short' Then ; Soundplay("Windows XP Error.wav", 1) ; $collectLS = "" ; EndIf ; Until $collectLS = 'Long' Or $collectLS = 'Short' ExitLoop EndSelect Wend GUIDelete($Main) FileWrite($datafile,$collectusername & @CRLF & $collectfilename & @CRLF & $collectlot _ & @CRLF & $collectsample & @CRLF & 'Long' & @CRLF ) ; $collectLS & @CRLF) FileClose($datafile) EndFunc ;<=== GetScanSettings ================== I also tried to force user to enter either 'Short' or 'Long' but I got that wrong also
      The final FileWrite() edited so I do have a correct result.
      sample.dat
      Pete FilenamePete Num1 Samp2 Long/Short  
    • 232showtime
      By 232showtime
      im getting strange output in array display,$split_[1] is not properly aligned to other arrays and why guictrlsetdata is not writting any data if i put comma(,) at the end of the text in $Input1???

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\user\Desktop\Script\StringSplit.kxf $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 623, 449, 192, 114) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("50UGITQ421X, 50UGITQ422X, 50UGITQ423X, 50UGITQ427X, 50UGITQ431X, 50UGITQ435X, 50UGITQ436X, 50UGITQ437X, 50UGITQ441X, 50UGITQ445X, 50UGITQ449X, 50UGITQ453X, 50UGITQ454X, 50UGITQ455X, 50UGITQ459X", 24, 16, 553, 21) $Split = GUICtrlCreateButton("Split", 24, 48, 75, 25) $List1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 24, 96, 553, 97) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Split $read = GUICtrlRead($Input1) $split_ = StringSplit($read, ",") $Max = UBound($split_, 1) For $i = 1 To UBound($split_) - 1 ConsoleWrite($split_[$i] & @CRLF) ;~ ControlSetText($Form1, "", $List1, $split_[$i]) GUICtrlSetData($List1, $split_[$i]) ;~ GUICtrlSetData($List1, $split_[$i]) ;~ GUICtrlSetData($List1, $i) Next _ArrayDisplay($split_) EndSwitch WEnd  
    • 232showtime
      By 232showtime
      Hello World!!!, please I need help I wanted to read the GUICreateInput, I don't know whats wrong with my script.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <GUIListViewEx.au3> GUICreate("My GUI", 300, 100) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $sInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 150, 50, 50, 20) Local $sRead = GUICtrlRead($sInput,0) Local $sAdd = GUICtrlCreateButton("Read", 80, 50, 50, 20) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $iAdd MsgBox(0, "Input!!!", $sRead) EndSwitch WEnd