Andreik

CUDA dll functions

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone tried with success to compile a dll with a function that use CUDA and then to call the function from AutoIt? Actually the compilation seems to be easy but it might be a little hard to call the function. Here is what I have:

cuda.cu

#include <cuda.h>
#include <cuda_runtime.h>
#include <device_launch_parameters.h>

__global__ void cuda__add(int *a, int *b, int *c)
{
   *c = *a + *b;
}

extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int Add(int a, int b)
{
  int c;
  int *dev_a,*dev_b,*dev_c;
  int size = sizeof(int);

cudaMalloc((void**)&dev_a, size);
  cudaMalloc((void**)&dev_b, size);
  cudaMalloc((void**)&dev_c, size);

cudaMemcpy(dev_a, &a,sizeof(int), cudaMemcpyHostToDevice);  
  cudaMemcpy(dev_b, &b,sizeof(int), cudaMemcpyHostToDevice);  

cuda__add<<< 1,1 >>>(dev_a,dev_b,dev_c);
  cudaMemcpy(&c, dev_c,size, cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost);

cudaFree(&dev_a);
  cudaFree(&dev_b);
  cudaFree(&dev_c);

return c;
}

I am able to open the dll but the function is not visible somehow and I get error 3 when I call it from AutoIt.

When the words fail... music speaks

Hello Andreik,:)

I use CUDA myself, but in a pure C++ environment (need for speed). However, I do have some experience in integrating my own dlls in AutoIt. First off, there's a mismatch between your function declaration and the actual definition (first has 2 parameters, second 3).

My next reaction would be to check capitalisation in the dll call, as these function names are case-sensitive. Furthermore, can you get a non-CUDA dll function to work in the same code?

RT

Hello RTFC,

Thanks for your answer but there's not any mismatch, first one is the function called on device (GPU) and the second one called on the host (CPU). I try to export the function called on the host and the problem isn't the capitalisation because a simple dumpbin.exe /EXPORTS cuda.dll shows me that there's not any exported function.

When the words fail... music speaks

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Sorry, my mistake.:> So where do you actually declare your CPU function then? And what does that declaration look like?

AFAIK, to export your dll function(s), <yourdll>.h file should contain the declaration:

extern "C"
{

__declspec(dllexport) int Add(<params>);

}

and <yourdll>.cpp should contain the full definition:

#include <yourdll>.h

extern "C"
{

__declspec(dllexport) int Add(<params>)

{

<code>

}

}

That's just how I do it.

Edited by RTFC
addendum

A DLL without export nor externs seems pretty useless.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wakillon
      By wakillon
      SciTE Hopper : Jump to Any line by one click and many other helpfull functions !

As Ashalshaikh suggested me after leaving me the task to continue >SciTE Hopper, i open a new Topic about it.
      It will be more easy for futures updates.

Many helpfull functions in contextual menu.
      SciTE Hopper is now multipurpose.
      • Color Catcher added
      • BinaryToAu3Kompressor added
      • TinyAu3Search replaced by StringFinder
      • RegJumper added
      • Edit With SciTE added (available in Options)
      • SpecialCharactersViewer added (available in Tray menu)
      New Contextual Menu :

For a right Click on a function :

• Copy function name
      • Insert a function header
      • Cut function
      • Copy function
      • Delete function
      • Create a variables List
      • Remove usseless Blank lines
      • Remove Debug lines ( all lines starting with ConsoleWrite or _ArrayDisplay )
      • Set AutoIt Code Layout
      • Remove Comments

For entire script :

• Create a functions List
      • Create a variables List
      • Remove usseless Blank lines
      • Remove Debug lines ( all lines starting with ConsoleWrite or _ArrayDisplay )
      • Set AutoIt Code Layout
      • Remove Comments
      • ( Open in SciTE a ) Duplicate of current Script in Temp Dir
      • ( Open in SciTE a ) Duplicate of current Script in Same Dir
      • Explore Parent Script Folder
      • Copy Script name
      • Copy Script path
      • Find Unused Functions
      • Find Unused Variables
      • Set all functions in alphabetic order.( func headers and regions ( in fact, all lines between functions ) are not supported.)

SciTE Editor New Contextual Menu if SciTE Hopper is added ( in Options ) to SciTE Editor :
      when you made a selection in SciTE Editor you can :

• Open a Reg Key in Regedit using RegJumper
      • Open a Url in your default Browser
      • Search on google in your default Browser
      • Search on AutoIt Website in your default Browser
      Now Can be added to windows start (minimized)
      Options are available by Tray Menu.
      A double click on tray icon will open clipboard content to SciTE Editor ( Handy when you have copied some code from your browser )

How to proceed for add SciTE Hopper to SciTE Editor :
      Run Scite Editor, run Scite Hopper ( compiled! ) go to Options and select Add/Remove to SciTE Tab. then click on Add button and it's done !
      Right click on SciTE Editor and choose SciTE Hopper in Contextual Menu for run it when you need it !
      Update of 07 Dec 2017
      TinyAu3Search is replaced by StringFinder

Previous downloads : 1287
      Script and compiled version are available in the download section

Thanks to Ashalshaikh, Melba23, Th3 MMA, Alzri2, taitel, Manadar, taz742, Yashield, Authenticity, Xenobiologist for their help
      and asdf8 for his >Includes Helper and azjio for his >FileSearch.

Hope it help you and happy Scripting !

• Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip

• Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings, someone can give a exemple, how send a error from a C#'s dll to AutoIt?
      I use this line, to send an error... but, I want get a error code In AutoIt with macro @error, it's possible?

throw new ArgumentException("arquivo map não existe", "value" ); In this way, work, I know ther are error, but, @errror always is zero.
      I don't want this, I want a number as error code.
      Can you help me?

Best regards
    • nss
      By nss
      Hi all,

I am making a program in which I use Bass audio library (with the wrapper for autoit that I found here on forums I think) because of its support for dx effects.
      My problem, though, is that when effects as reverb or echo/delay are added, the channel length is not extended as to fit the tail of the effect, so if the file was really short, you wouldn't even hear the reverb at all.
      I've tried setting the  buffer parameter even to 60k ms, updating the channel length to 60k ms, but nothing makes it so that the effects aren't being cut off.
      I've heard that I could add silence manually to wave files by adding the chr(0) characters, but haven't had any luck doing that, either.
      What I'm doing:
      initialize bass use streamCreateFile to load the wave file with the fx flag and length parameter set to 60000 set the config buffer to 60000 use channel set fx to add dx8 reverb use channel play to play the sound use bass update to update the length to 60000  
      I even tried having only silence in one wave file and tried joining two wave files together, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    • mati
      By mati
      Hi,
      I wonder if
      AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode = Y can include run information about functions which are called within the main code. So far I noticed in the console that the function itself is called but no specific run information from  inside the function is provided. Is there a chance to show the entire debug log including functions in the console?
      I furthermore noticed a stop of information when a loop is entered. What could be the reason for that?

Thanks for help.