Jump to content
louabill

ControlSetText pastes just one character into Scintilla controls

Recommended Posts

louabill

It seems that ControlSetText() sends only the first character to Scintilla controls.

To see this, try the following:

Open a SciTE window

Put the following line into the window

ControlSetText("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]","","[CLASS:Scintilla;Instance:1]", 'here is some text')

and save the file.

Go to the beginning of the line.

Hit F5 to run the line.

What I see is that the single letter h overwrites the text in the window instead of the desired text.

Does anyone know how to get the Scintilla control to play nice? If not, is this a bug I should be reporting to the Autoit folks?

I would like to avoid ControlSend(), because it has trouble with Unicode.

Thanks for any tips.

--- original post ---

In an AutoIt script, I use ControlSetText() to send text to the Command window in the Stata statistical package.

In Stata 14, the Command window was changed to a Scintilla control which understands Unicode instead of a RichText control (which used Latin1 encoding). In the past, all worked well, now only the first character gets put in the control.

Here is an example which illustrates how it worked and now fails (which requires a running Stata 13 and a running Stata 14):

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

## in Stata 13 and earlier, the Command window was a RichText control
ControlSetText("Stata/MP 13","","[CLASS:RichEdit20A;Instance:1]", "sysuse auto")
## result: 'sysuse auto' in the Command window
## in Stata 14, the Command window is a Scintilla control
ControlSetText("Stata/MP 14","","[CLASS:Scintilla;Instance:1]", "sysuse auto")
## result: the letter 's' in the Command window

I can use ControlSend() to send plain text successfully, but I'm betting it won't work properly with Unicode because the function is not Unicode-ready, yet.

Any hints about what I need to do to fix the problem?

I realize this is somewhat specialized because of the receiving software, but perhaps someone knows something about sending text to Scintilla Unicode-friendly controls.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by louabill
Found a more general way to ask the question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I have a situation where I need to make one request to get a kind of pre-logon page, then click a link on that pre-logon page, which then returns a login form page, and then fill in information in the form page and submit it.
      How can I handle that using AutoIT?
      I can get the AutoIT script to tab to the link, then send an ENTER, which then causes the FORM page to appear in IE.  However, I cannot seem to get the form object from the FORM page (_IEFormGetObjByName fails when it searches for the form).  Why is that, and how can I get the AutoIT to process the FORM page?
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • JuanFelipe
      By JuanFelipe
      Hello friends, I have a simple question, can I have a variable that is not reset, even if my program is closed?
      That is, I want to make a program that can only be opened once, have a variable $ ini = 0, when it is opened for the first and only time it becomes $ ini = 1, so that it can not use the program a second time, as if it was a test software.
      I do not want the variable to depend on a reading of an external file that is easily manipulated. Thank you.
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So Im trying to make a simple 2d game and make some sort of collision detection so why not to make a 2 dimensional array but i have no clue how  to write it in multiple lines
      Global $map[5,5] = [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0] something like this but it doesn't work
    • Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

      I looked again at the documentation:
       
      #include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

       
×