MartoRixel

IE "forgetting" it's session?

Hello guys,

I am trying to write a simple script, which takes a few variables from an ini file, logs in into a website and then navigates the page to get some CSV report.

So far so good. I just stumbled upon weird behavior of IE - after logging in it seems to have forgotten it's session.

$oIE = _IECreate("https://www.reportsite.com/loginMain.page", 0, 1, 0, 1)
_IELoadWait($oIE)

$oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "input")
For $oInput In $oInputs
    If $oInput.type = "text" And $oInput.name = "userIdDisplay" Then $oUser = $oInput
    If $oInput.type = "password" And $oInput.name = "password" Then $oPass = $oInput
    If $oInput.type = "image" Then $oSubmit = $oInput
    If IsObj($oUser) And IsObj($oPass) And IsObj($oSubmit) Then ExitLoop
Next

$oUser.value = $sUser
$oPass.value = $sPass
_IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
_IELoadWait($oIE, 50)

If _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "locationurl") = "https://www.reportsite.com/loginMain.page" Then
    ConsoleWrite("Timeout happened... logging in again" & @CR)
    $oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "input")
    For $oInput In $oInputs
        If $oInput.type = "text" And $oInput.name = "userIdDisplay" Then $oUser = $oInput
        If $oInput.type = "password" And $oInput.name = "password" Then $oPass = $oInput
        If $oInput.type = "image" Then $oSubmit = $oInput
        If IsObj($oUser) And IsObj($oPass) And IsObj($oSubmit) Then ExitLoop
    Next

$oUser.value = $sUser
    $oPass.value = $sPass
    _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
EndIf
    _IELoadWait($oIE)

$oIE = _IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.reportsite.com/allOrders.page", 1)
    _IELoadWait($oIE)

At the beginning it was enough to just log in this way, go to the report page (allOrders.page) and navigate happily until the script downloaded the report.

After a while, the page started to show a session-timeout error and just stayed on the log in page (loginMain.page). So I added a URL check and logged in again, if that happened.

Now, as soon as I log in (without any problem) and try to navigate to allOrders.page, I am kicked out of the session again and being asked to log-in. Re-attaching $oIE again with the new address instead of navigating worked for a while, but not anymore.

Can it be, that the $oIE object lost the session or did I write the code somehow, that $oIE after logging in refreshes it's session?

That is not strictly true Valuater, I have always found that _IENavigate returns -1 either upon success or failure.

But of course you are correct about the IE object being destroyed when it gets assigned the return from _IENavigate.