Sign in to follow this  
Suan

Reading Updating Text Area without using Internet Explorer

Suan

Hi Autoit Experts,

I have this requirement where I would like to read from Text Area and later update the Text Area and all this while I have only been able to do it using the IE functions _IEPropertyGet and _IEPropertySet. Is there a way I can achieve the same functionality without having to depend on IE. Reason is that we would have to run our code on Apple Mac books as well.

Thanks upfront.

Suan.

trancexx

If you run Windows on Mac then IE would be working too.
AutoIt can be run on Windows only, you know that?

• Like 1

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Suan

Hi Trancexx,

Thanks for the response. Assuming that, there will be no Windows on the Mac, would you recommend what would be the alternatives.

For eg. is there a script similar to Autoit which is independent of the OS? Need your suggestions.

Regards,
Suan.

Suan

Hi JohnOne,

I am interested in a scripting language which can run both on Windows PC and Macbooks. We would be developing on using Windows systems and then ultimate users should be able to run it using Macbooks or Windows PCs.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Saun.

Suan

So, do you mean that, any AutoIt will not run on Macbooks? For example, let say my code does not reference any IE functions and wherever it requires one, will use the Chrome functions. And I deploy my code and created an executable file. Will this file run on Macbooks??

Regards,
Suan.

BrewManNH

No, it won't work on Macs, at least a Mac running OSX, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Suan

Okay, my final question, back to the basic question. If I want to make my AutoIt script browser independent for example, functions like  _IEPropertyGet and _IEPropertySet, is there a way of achieving it? My code involves opening a window, (logged in after providing user id and password) get some texts from Text Area and log into another application and update another Text Area. Is there a browser independent way of doing it?

trancexx

Yes, there is. You can use WinHttp.au3 UDF or utilize several UDFs recently written by brilliant forum member Ward. Go through examples forum.

• Like 1

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• j0kky
      By j0kky
      Hi guys,
      reading >this topic I discovered there is no way to get the "class" attribute value of an object using only IE Management UDF.
      For example, www.google.com had a DIV element with class = "ctr-p".
      If I run this script
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com", 0, 0, 1, 0) $tags = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $tag In $tags $class_value = _IEPropertyGet($tag, "class") If String($class_value) = "ctr-p" Then ConsoleWrite("Object tried" & @CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf Next _IEQuit($oIE)   I get "IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IESTATUS_InvalidValue (Invalid Property)" error.
      This error comes out because _IEPropertyGet has very few property related to DOM object, and Class attribute is not supported (we need to use GetAttribute method to retrieve that one).
      Can it be implemented by the next version of Autoit?
      If that attribute can be retrieved using only IE management UDF please tell me the right way
    • Tardis
      By Tardis
      Hi all Im still New To Autoit and would realy like some help ...

I have gone through some examples and other code on the forum but now I am stuck
      see comments on what I want to do .
      #RequireAdmin #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.harryhomers.org/et/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=4309", 0, 0, 1, 0) Global $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) Global $oID = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "p41827") Global $ListArray[1] #cs ; the list I want to get is 1 - 20 max 30 and there names . The DIV ID is p41827 <div class="content">HarryHomers can be found at 85.236.100.205:<span style="font-weight: bold">27960</span><br /><br /><ul>HH Bot Multi campaign **<br /><br />1. NAME 1<br />2. NAME 2<br />3. NAME 3<br />4. NAME 4<br /> 5. NAME 5<br />6. NAME 6<br />7. NAME 7<br />8. NAME 8<br />9. NAME 9<br />10. NAME 10<br />11. NAME 11<br />12. NAME 12<br />13. NAME 13<br />14. NAME 14<br /> 15. NAME 15<br />16. NAME 16<br />17. NAME 17<br />18. NAME 18<br />19. NAME 19<br />20. NAME 20<br /> </ul> #ce For $oElement in $oElements     Local $_sSourceTAG = $oElement.tagname     Local $_sSourceTEXT = $oElement.innerText     Local $_sSourceID = $oElement.id     Local $_sSourceHTML = $oElement.innerhtml     If $_sSourceID = "p41827" Then ;Test message box                 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "MY TAG ID", "Innertext: "  & $_sSourceTAG & @CRLF & "id: " & $_sSourceID & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $_sSourceTEXT)                 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "MY HTML", "Innerhtml: "  & "id: " & $_sSourceID & $_sSourceHTML)         $oData = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "strong")         $Check = StringRight($oData, 11)         If $Check = "ohnDory</A>" Then ;Test message box             MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "SEARCH FOUND", "The characters are: " & $Check )             $ArraySplit1 = StringSplit($oData, ".")             For $ArrayItem in $ArraySplit1                 $ArrayItem = StringSplit($ArrayItem, "<BR>", 1)                 If $ArrayItem[0] > 1 Then                     If $ArrayItem[2] > 0 Then                         $ArrayItem[1] = StringStripWS($ArrayItem[1], 3)                         _ArrayAdd($ListArray, $ArrayItem[1])                     EndIf                 EndIf                 If StringInStr($ArrayItem[1], "</UL>") Then                     $POS = StringInStr($ArrayItem[1], "</UL>") - 1                     $String = StringLeft($ArrayItem[1], $POS)                     $String = StringStripWS($String, 3)                     _ArrayAdd($ListArray, $String)                 EndIf             Next         Else ; Not correct so ignore         MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "NOT FOUND", "The characters are: " & $Check )         EndIf     EndIf     Next     _ArrayDisplay($ListArray)     _ArrayReverse($ListArray)     _ArrayPop($ListArray)     _ArrayReverse($ListArray)     _ArrayDisplay($ListArray, "Map List Array Final View")     sleep(2500) _IEQuit($oIE) #cs ; note the html (map names) does change once a month ; save txt file #ce ;_FileWriteLog(@TempDir & "\list.txt", $ListArray)