Sign in to follow this  
lrstndm

DLLCall returns AutoIt3.exe error

I just started using DLL functions in autoit and I found a short tutorial about DLL calling. ( https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/93496-tutorial-on-dllcall-dllstructs/ )

I just copied some code form the examples he gave me. But when I run the code below my SciTe Editor runs for about 10 seconds and then crashes with error code:

!>11:31:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
$SYSTEMTIME=DllStructCreate("ushort wYear;ushort wMonth;ushort wDayOfWeek;ushortwDay;ushort wHour;ushort wMinute;ushort wSecond;ushort wMilliseconds")
DllCall("Kernel32.dll","none","GetSystemTime","ptr",DllStructGetPtr($SYSTEMTIME))
MsgBox(0,"Currenttime:",DllStructGetData($SYSTEMTIME,"wHour")&":"&DllStructGetData($SYSTEMTIME,"wMinute"))

Is there something wrong with the code? Or is it a bug in the SciTe Editor?
I also read something about the "cdecl" calling method. Has this something to do with it? When do I need to use it? And how can I know this when to use?

Also some information about my SciTe version etc.

SciTe version: 3.4.1
Architecture: X64
OSBuild: 7601
SP: Service Pack 1
OS Type: WIN32_NT
OS Verison: WIN_7

Regards,

lrstndm

Edited by lrstndm

Looks like a typo.

$SYSTEMTIME=DllStructCreate("ushort wYear;ushort wMonth;ushort wDayOfWeek;ushort wDay;ushort wHour;ushort wMinute;ushort wSecond;ushort wMilliseconds")
DllCall("Kernel32.dll","none","GetSystemTime","ptr",DllStructGetPtr($SYSTEMTIME))
MsgBox(0,"Currenttime:",DllStructGetData($SYSTEMTIME,"wHour")&":"&DllStructGetData($SYSTEMTIME,"wMinute"))

Note: ushort wDay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BetaLeaf
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By matwachich
      Hi guys!
      A pretty simple UDF to convert HTML to PDF using wkHTMLtoPDF.
      It uses the C API of the tool (DLL), so no external process, no ActiveX or COM sh*t.
      See the example, and the documentation of wkHTMLtoPDF.
      Cheers
      https://github.com/matwachich/wkhtmltopdf-au3
    • By Skysnake
      This is relevant
      From here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3454315/is-it-possible-to-pin-a-dll-in-memory-to-prevent-unloading
      I use several UDFs on the Forum to do various things.  Those UDFs work very well.
      Effectively the UDFs are DLL wrappers, that make it possible to access DLL functions easily without the long hard slog of DLLCall() every time.
      However, I have now run into the issue that multiple UDF DLLCalls are slow. Not mind numbingly slow, but slow enough to become noticeable with a large of repeated function calls.
      So I was wondering, is it possible to "load a DLL into memory" and leave it there for the duration of my script's lifetime, avoid repeated DLL on-disk reads with a persistent in memory DLL?
      From Microsoft
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/dlls/about-dynamic-link-libraries
      Looks like what I want to do is: load-time dynamic linking,
      So next question, (a) how do I do this with AutoIt (b) How would this impact on standard AutoIt type DLL calls?

The point is speed.  Is there a different approach?
      Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
      Skysnake
    • By Dwalfware
      Hi Folks
      Can not get my head around this one.
      This function gets the DNS object s
      If you have two DNS entries fine. but if you have only one! Trouble
      $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[0] = Primary DNS
      $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[1] = Secondry DNS not always there. I need a way to return 0 if not there or the IP if its there.
      Or is there a way to tell how many objects there are in the "[?]"
      I'm terrible at WMI errors, thanks for help in advance.
      Func _GETcurrentNICinfo2() $oErrors = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "Error_Handle") Local $DnsSecondry Local $objWMIService = ObjGet( "winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\CIMV2" ) Local $query = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT DNSServerSearchOrder FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = " & _GetSelectedNIC(), "WQL", 0x30 ) If @error Then Return 0 If NOT IsObj($query) Then Return 0 Else For $objItem In $query Return $objItem.DNSServerSearchOrder[1] next Endif EndFunc  
    • By bladem2003
      Hello,
      i need help to translate the c code to autoit .
      I don't understand the callback function.

#include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> // native IR Data by PAnsiChar typedef void CALLBACK CallBackPAnsiChar(char*, char*, char*, char*); typedef int (__stdcall *impInitPAnsiChar)(CallBackPAnsiChar); CALLBACK MyCallBackPAnsiChar(char* Protocol, char* Address, char* Command, char* Flags) { printf("\nIR Data received: Protocol: %s, Address: 0x%s, Command: 0x%s, Flags: 0x%s", Protocol, Address, Command, Flags); fflush(stdout); } int main(int argc, char **argv) { impInitPAnsiChar InitPAnsiChar = NULL; // Load DLL file HINSTANCE hinstLib = LoadLibrary(TEXT("USB_IR_Remote_Receiver.dll")); if (hinstLib == NULL) { printf("\nERROR: unable to load DLL\n"); return 1; } // Get function pointer InitPAnsiChar InitPAnsiChar = (impInitPAnsiChar)GetProcAddress(hinstLib, "InitPAnsiChar"); if (InitPAnsiChar == NULL) { printf("\nERROR: unable to find DLL function\n"); FreeLibrary(hinstLib); return 1; } if (InitPAnsiChar(*MyCallBackPAnsiChar)) { printf("\nInit DLL with InitPAnsiChar successfull"); } else { // Unload DLL file FreeLibrary(hinstLib); return 0; } while(1) { } //return 0; }