Sign in to follow this  
MadAndroid

Open a file for reading contents

Hi,

This code intented to do all the combinations of 2 digit numbers but has to be stoped anytime and must return at the point it stopped before. I thought of saving the vector`s index and passed it again when the code restarted. I was succesful in writing the vector`s index in a FileOpne.txt archive but did not manage to read it and pass the index to the $aArrayComb vector. Does anybody could help me with that ?

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

$aArrayComb = '0123456789'
$aArrayComb = StringSplit($aArrayComb, "")

Local Const $sFilePath = "C:\FileOpen.txt"

; Abrir O Arquivo
Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ + $FO_OVERWRITE)

If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "There is not a previous point break.")
EndIf

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
$chave = ""

For $1 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
   For $2 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
      For $3 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
         $chave &= "Combination : " & $aArrayComb[$1] & $aArrayComb[$2] & $aArrayComb[$3] & "   Position : " & $1 & $2 & $3 & @CRLF
         Consolewrite($chave & @crlf)
      Next
   Next
Next

Func Terminate()
   $pos = $1 & $2 & $3
   FileWrite("C:\FileOpen.txt", $pos)
   Exit
 EndFunc

Add a paused function:

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
$Paused = $Paused

;your code here

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

MadAndroid,

all the combinations of 2 digit numbers

Apart from the fact that the script produces all the combinations of 3-digit numbers, why do you need to do this?

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

computergroove,

Thankyou but I didn`t get the point. My problem is to make the code returns to the point it was early terminated. I put a function called by the "ESC" key so I could stop it anytime but I wish I could restart it from there....

M23,

You`re right...I changed the code before posted from 2 to 3 number combinations. Answering your question this is an academic exercise of algoritmics but I am a beginner studing Autoit by myself.

MadAndroid,

an academic exercise of algoritmics

Then why do you wish to save the results in a file with the specific "Combination" & "Position" headings? To me that seems a strange thing for a simple algorithm test to do.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

M23,

I don`t know how to manipulate archives in Autoit. The examples "Notepad1 or Notepad2 that come with the software`s instalation shows how to write I that was as far as I could do.

I have the algoritm in "natural language" to implement and chose to do in Autoit. So, after have read the content of the archive c:\FileOpen.txt I need to read the first digit o the number and pass it to the vector of the first "for". In my code I opened the archive to read its content with this lines:

Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ + $FO_OVERWRITE)

If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "There is not a previous point break.")
EndIf

What I expected is that the MsgBox opens to me as the archive didn`t exists the first time the code runned but it didn`t worked and I don`t know why. So I decided to ask for help in this point at least. 

Hi,

I`ve just solved the problem to read the file. Now I need help just to read the first, second and third digit of the string I`ve read.

I apologise some help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By Scriptmaster
      <NEWBIE ALERT>
      Is it possible to unzip a zip file in Autoit without using a dll!
      My script downloads a zip file to a temporary directory (successfully) and it must be unzipped to (Or moved to after unzip) another a folder which just happens to be
      @scriptdir & "file.exe" Thanks in advance
    • By Inpho
      Hi All,
      I intend on keeping custom functions/UDFs (works in progress) here; if anyone wants to use any code, feel free.
      String functions:
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w- 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 #include-once ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _DateTimeGet ; Description ...: Returns the date and time formatted for use in sortable filenames, logs, listviews, etc. ; Syntax ........: _DateTimeGet(iType = 1[, $bHumanFormat = False]) ; Parameters ....: $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Date and time in file-friendly format; 20190115_113756 ; 2 - Date in file-friendly format; 20190115 ; 3 - Time in file friendly format; 113756 ; $bHumanFormat - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. ; True - Includes slashes in the date and colons in the time with a space inbetween ; False - No slashes or colons included with an underscore inbetween ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Sets @error to non-zero and returns an empty string ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _DateTimeGet($iType = 1, $bHumanFormat = False) If $iType < 1 Or $iType > 3 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) ;; Param1: ;; 1 = Date and time in file friendly format: 20190115_113756 ;; 2 = Date in file friendly format: 20190115 ;; 3 = Time in file friendly format: 113756 ;; Param2: ;; True = Use human-readable format: 15/01/2019 11:37:56 Local $sTime = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC Local $sDate = @MDAY & "/" & @MON & "/" & @YEAR If $iType = 1 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, ":", "") $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) Return ($sDate & "_" & $sTime) Else Return ($sDate & " " & $sTime) EndIf ElseIf $iType = 2 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sDate = StringReplace($sDate, "/", "") $sDate = StringTrimLeft($sDate, 4) & StringMid($sDate, 3, 2) & StringLeft($sDate, 2) EndIf Return ($sDate) ElseIf $iType = 3 Then If $bHumanFormat = False Then $sTime = StringReplace($sTime, "/", "") EndIf Return ($sTime) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_DateTimeGet ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileExtension ; Description ...: Returns a file extension from a filename/FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileExtension($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileExtension($sPath) Return (StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, ".", 0, -1))) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileExtension ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFileName ; Description ...: Returns a filename from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFileName($sPath[, $bIncludeExtension = True]) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; $bIncludeExtension - [optional] a boolean value. Default is True. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFileName($sPath, $bIncludeExtension = True) Local $sReturn = StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1)) If $bIncludeExtension = False Then $sReturn = StringLeft($sReturn, StringInStr($sReturn, ".", 0, -1) - 1) Return ($sReturn) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFileName ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _FileToFilePath ; Description ...: Returns a folder path from a FQPN (Fully Qualified Path Name) ; Syntax ........: _FileToFilePath($sPath) ; Parameters ....: $sPath - a string value. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _FileToFilePath($sPath) Return (StringLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_FileToFilePath ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the right of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringLeft ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringRandom ; Description ...: Returns a string of random characters ; Syntax ........: _StringRandom($iAmount[, $iType = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $iAmount - an integer value. Length of returned string ; $iType - [optional] an integer value. Default is 1. ; 1 - Return digits (0-9) ; 2 - Return hexadecimal (0-9, A - F) ; 3 - Return Alphanumeric upper (0-9, A - Z) ; 4 - Return Alphanumeric (0-9, A - Z, a - z) ; 5 - Return Alpha upper (A - Z) ; 6 - Return Alpha (A - Z, a - z) ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string and @error flag as follows: ; @error : 1 - $iAmount is not a positive integer ; 2 - $iType is out of bounds ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringRandom($iAmount, $iType = 1) If $iAmount < 1 Or IsInt($iAmount) = 0 Then Return (SetError(-1, 0, "")) Local $sString = "" Local $iRandomLow = 1, $iRandomHigh = 62 #Tidy_Off Local Static $aCharId[63] = [0, Chr(48), Chr(49), Chr(50), Chr(51), Chr(52), Chr(53), Chr(54), Chr(55), Chr(56), Chr(57), Chr(65), Chr(66), Chr(67), _ Chr(68), Chr(69), Chr(70), Chr(71), Chr(72), Chr(73), Chr(74), Chr(75), Chr(76), Chr(77), Chr(78), Chr(79), Chr(80), _ Chr(81), Chr(82), Chr(83), Chr(84), Chr(85), Chr(86), Chr(87), Chr(88), Chr(89), Chr(90), Chr(97), Chr(98), Chr(99), _ Chr(100), Chr(101), Chr(102), Chr(103), Chr(104), Chr(105), Chr(106), Chr(107), Chr(108), Chr(109), Chr(110), Chr(111), _ Chr(112), Chr(113), Chr(114), Chr(115), Chr(116), Chr(117), Chr(118), Chr(119), Chr(120), Chr(121), Chr(122)] #Tidy_On If $iType = 1 Then ;; digits: 1 - 10 $iRandomHigh = 10 ElseIf $iType = 2 Then ;; hexadecimal: 1 - 16 $iRandomHigh = 16 ElseIf $iType = 3 Then ;; alnumupper: 1 - 36 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 4 Then ;; alnum: 1 - 62 $iRandomHigh = 62 ElseIf $iType = 5 Then ;; alphaupper: 11 - 36 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 36 ElseIf $iType = 6 Then ;; alpha: 11 = 62 $iRandomLow = 11 $iRandomHigh = 62 Else Return (SetError(-2, 0, "")) EndIf For $i = 1 To $iAmount $sString &= $aCharId[Random($iRandomLow, $iRandomHigh, 1)] ;; append string with corresponding random character from ascii array Next Return ($sString) EndFunc ;==>_StringRandom ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _StringTrimLeft ; Description ...: Searches for a string inside a string, then removes everything on the left of that string ; Syntax ........: _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove[, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1]) ; Parameters ....: $sString - a string value. The string to search inside. ; $sRemove - a string value. The string to search for. ; $iCaseSense - an integer value. Flag to indicate if the operations should be case sensitive. ; $iOccurrence - an integer value. Which occurrence of the substring to find in the string. Use a ; negative occurrence to search from the right side. ; Return values .: Success - String ; Failure - Empty string as returned from StringTrimLeft() ; Author ........: Sam Coates ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _StringTrimLeft($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense = 0, $iOccurrence = 1) Return (StringTrimLeft($sString, StringInStr($sString, $sRemove, $iCaseSense, $iOccurrence) + StringLen($sRemove) - 1)) EndFunc ;==>_StringTrimLeft Examples:
      ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(100, 6) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringTrimLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "C:\Windows\System32\") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringLeft("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileName("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFilePath("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_FileToFileExtension("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_StringRandom(6, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(4, 4) & "-" & _StringRandom(6, 4)& @CRLF)  
    • By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)