MadAndroid

Open a file for reading contents

MadAndroid

Hi,

This code intented to do all the combinations of 2 digit numbers but has to be stoped anytime and must return at the point it stopped before. I thought of saving the vector`s index and passed it again when the code restarted. I was succesful in writing the vector`s index in a FileOpne.txt archive but did not manage to read it and pass the index to the $aArrayComb vector. Does anybody could help me with that ?

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

$aArrayComb = '0123456789'
$aArrayComb = StringSplit($aArrayComb, "")

Local Const $sFilePath = "C:\FileOpen.txt"

; Abrir O Arquivo
Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ + $FO_OVERWRITE)

If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "There is not a previous point break.")
EndIf

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
$chave = ""

For $1 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
   For $2 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
      For $3 = 1 To $aArrayComb[0]
         $chave &= "Combination : " & $aArrayComb[$1] & $aArrayComb[$2] & $aArrayComb[$3] & "   Position : " & $1 & $2 & $3 & @CRLF
         Consolewrite($chave & @crlf)
      Next
   Next
Next

Func Terminate()
   $pos = $1 & $2 & $3
   FileWrite("C:\FileOpen.txt", $pos)
   Exit
 EndFunc

computergroove

Add a paused function:

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
$Paused = $Paused

;your code here

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Melba23

MadAndroid,

all the combinations of 2 digit numbers

Apart from the fact that the script produces all the combinations of 3-digit numbers, why do you need to do this?

M23 

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

MadAndroid

computergroove,

Thankyou but I didn`t get the point. My problem is to make the code returns to the point it was early terminated. I put a function called by the "ESC" key so I could stop it anytime but I wish I could restart it from there....

computergroove

You need to answer melba before i will help you further.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

MadAndroid

M23,

You`re right...I changed the code before posted from 2 to 3 number combinations. Answering your question this is an academic exercise of algoritmics but I am a beginner studing Autoit by myself.

Melba23

MadAndroid,

an academic exercise of algoritmics

Then why do you wish to save the results in a file with the specific "Combination" & "Position" headings? To me that seems a strange thing for a simple algorithm test to do.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

MadAndroid

M23,

I don`t know how to manipulate archives in Autoit. The examples "Notepad1 or Notepad2 that come with the software`s instalation shows how to write I that was as far as I could do.

I have the algoritm in "natural language" to implement and chose to do in Autoit. So, after have read the content of the archive c:\FileOpen.txt I need to read the first digit o the number and pass it to the vector of the first "for". In my code I opened the archive to read its content with this lines:

Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ + $FO_OVERWRITE)

If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "There is not a previous point break.")
EndIf

What I expected is that the MsgBox opens to me as the archive didn`t exists the first time the code runned but it didn`t worked and I don`t know why. So I decided to ask for help in this point at least. 

MadAndroid

I also tried to use this lines :

Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen)

If $hFileOpen = 1 Then
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "String anterior ", $sFileRead)
EndIf

but the MsgBox returns empty and it not empty because I opened with Notepad and the number was there...

MadAndroid

Hi,

I`ve just solved the problem to read the file. Now I need help just to read the first, second and third digit of the string I`ve read.

I apologise some help.