handofthrawn

Run command, admin, windows 7, something changed

handofthrawn

I have a script that starts up all my work programs.  Programs like ventrilo, trillian, and other work stuff.  In the past week, I noticed two of these programs not starting up while 6 of them work the same.  I investigated and I notice these only start when I run the script as administrator (or add #requireadmin).  I use windows 7 and have no UAC.  I have not changed anything to my OS except install updates.  I'm so confused why only some of these programs now start up and require admin.  If I double click the executable or run in command prompt, they startup fine. 

Does anyone have a clue what happened to cause this change and if I can change it back? 

Below is the code I ran as a test.  Only the last program now starts up unless I add #requireadmin or right click and run the script as admin.  Thanks for any help.

#include <Misc.au3>

RUN("C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe")

Sleep(1000)
RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Trillian\trillian.exe")

RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Stealth Alerts\SAClient.exe") ;  This works just fine

PACaleala

Do you remember the magic words "Windows updates" ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MMedina
      By MMedina
      Hello all, 
      Been looking for and playing around with a script that would prompt me for a UserName and Password then Map a network drive.
      I have included the code: 
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=your_icon.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y #obfuscator_parameters=/striponly #NoTrayIcon #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Connect To Your Drive", 265, 135) $username_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 88, 16, 153, 21) $password_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 87, 44, 153, 21, $ES_PASSWORD) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Username", 24, 16, 52, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Password", 26, 46, 50, 17) $connect = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Connect", 24, 80, 217, 33, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_BUTTON, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $connect $username = GUICtrlRead($username_id) $password = GUICtrlRead($password_id) If $username = '' Or $password = '' Then MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Empty username or password') ContinueLoop EndIf If DriveMapGet("X:") <> '' Then ; very fast MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'The device is already assigned') ContinueLoop EndIf GUISetCursor(15,1) DriveMapAdd("X:", "\\Server\share\filestore\" & $username, 0, $username, $password) ; slow If @error Then Switch @error Case 1 $err_message = 'Undefined / Other error. Windows API return code: ' & @extended Case 2 $err_message = 'Access to the remote share was denied' Case 3 $err_message = 'The device is already assigned' Case 4 $err_message = 'Invalid device name' Case 5 $err_message = 'Invalid remote share' Case 6 $err_message = 'Invalid password' EndSwitch GUISetCursor(2) MsgBox(16, 'Error', $err_message) Else ; everything OK Exit EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      When I attempt the build I get the following:
       Obfuscator support has been discontinued and is replaced by Au3Stripper using "#Au3Stripper_" directives.
      ! The directive to run Au3Stripper is: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y  ; Default is n
      ! #Au3Stripper_Parameters options are: 
      /pe  : Replace and reference to a Global Const variable with its actual value.
      /tl  : Create Au3Stripper.Log with a trace of all actions.
      /debug: add Debug information to Au3Stripper.Log.
      /so : This is the default when no parameters are provided. same as /sf + /sv
      /sf : Strip all unused Func's
      /sv : Strip all unused Global var records.
      /mo : Just merges the Include files into the source and strips the Comments.
            This is similar to aut2exe and helps finding the errorline.
      /mi : Sets the maximum Iterations Au3Stripper will perform. Default is 5.
      /rm : Rename Variables and Functions to a shorter name.
      /rsln: Replace @ScriptLineNumber with the actual line number.
      /Beta: Use Beta Includes.
      - Icon not found:  your_icon.ico ==> Changing to default ICON.
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.au3
      +>18:28:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running Au3Stripper (18.708.1148.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Au3Stripper cmdline:
      - 0.22 Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  1050 lines, stripped 0 Func lines and 234 Commentlines
      - 0.61 Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  88 lines and stripped 962 lines
      - 0.63 Iteration 3 Strip Variables result: Output  58 lines and stripped 30 lines
      - 0.64 Iteration 4 Strip Variables result: Output  52 lines and stripped 6 lines
      - 0.66 Iteration 5 Strip Variables result: Output  51 lines and stripped 1 lines
      +> Source    1285 lines 48435 Characters.
      +> Stripped  999 Func/Var lines and  234 comment lines, Total 46893 Characters.
      +> Saved     95% lines 96% Characters.
      +> Au3Stripper v18.708.1148.0 finished created:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 Au3Stripper ended.rc:0
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3" /out "C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
      +>18:28:13 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe. rc:0
      !>18:28:13 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe To :C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.exe
      +>18:28:14 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
      >Exit code: 0    Time: 3.046

When I attempt to run the executable I get the following:

Many thanks in advance
    • HariKara
      By HariKara
      Hi AutoIters!

Im trying to launch a .exe file that is nested within the program files (x86) folder structure. i have already used the standard RunAs Syntax and found that it fails to launch the application. I have switched to Run and that seems to work. My issue is I have to use RunAs as the applicaton would need to run under a completely different account. The Current logged in user is a Local User on the machine, however, the application must be run as a domain user. The Machine is domain connected.

have tried the following:
      RunAs("username","logonpassword", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") The above fails to launch, there are no errors or syntax issues, it just does nothing when the variables are replaced for the correct values.
      I did the same using the Run command
      Run("D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") That seems to work fine, but runs in local user context. Any thoughts? Could it be a local Machine rights issue? Or have i missed something glaring in my script
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      i have searched a lot about how to run external programs with the administrator privileges without the script running with administrator privileges using autoit
      But all my attempts failed
      Finally, today I found the VBS function doing this task
      I immediately transferred it to our beloved language (autoit) and i decided to share it with you
      i hope you like it
      This is a simple example about how to use the function

runAsAdmin("cmd.exe", "/c @echo off & cls & echo test & pause", "c:\", @sw_show)
      this is the function

func runAsAdmin($program, $parameters = "", $workingDir = @workingDir, $show = "") local $oShell = OBJCreate("Shell.Application") if isOBJ($oShell) then local $result = $oShell.ShellExecute($program, $parameters, $workingDir, "runas", $show) else $result = false endIf return $result endFunc

• PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,
      The Run command on my machine suddenly stopped execution.
      Anyone of you facing the same issue?
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3.> #RequireAdmin $ExeName = FileOpenDialog("Select AutoIt executable", @ScriptDir & "\", "(*.exe)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST) If not @error Then If FileExists($ExeName) Then $iPID = Run($ExeName, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) If @error Then msgbox(0,"Failed", "Failed execution with @error: " & @error) EndIf Else Msgbox(0,"", "File does not exist") EndIf EndIf The above code always fails to execute the executable file. It was working perfect and stopped working now.
      I have tried adding the files and folders to windows defender exclusion list and uninstalling the anti virus but still no luck.
      Please help.

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      for a script to display PDF files I'd like to simply use the default program for PDF files, so I used "ShellExecute(<pdf-file-full-path>)" to open these files.

The result for *SOME* of the workstations is, that the Adobe Reader starts up with asking for its language. (English/German). When starting AcroRd32.exe through "ShellExecute()", this "choose your language" dialog is showing up *ALWAYS*.

Just to have mentioned it: Process Explorer is presenting this command line, it looks the same for both, PCs with and without that question "Choose Language? [English|German]"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" --channel=4680.0.860715181 --type=renderer "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf"  
      The next approach I thought of was to use Foxit Portable (instead of Acrord32.exe), started from a Network Drive, but it's starting up ugly slowly...
      So I tried to "Run()" instead to "ShellExecute()" the Adobe Reader. Now the result looks more stange, the "select your language" dialog shows up every now and then, but not always for the Win7 installations affected.

If I place a "msgbox()" just in front of the "run()" command, it seems never to show this "select your language" dialog.
      If I take out this MsgBox() the "select your language" dialog shows up sometimes.
      When I "ClipPut()" the run command prior the "Run()" and paste that one to a CMD box, then it seems to *NEVER* happen, that this "select your language" dialog shows up.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf" $AcroRead='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"' $PDF='"Y:\Temp\DRV_H\Daten\TIF\33\85\153385_Freigegeben.dwg.pdf"' MsgBox(0,"Values",$AcroRead & @CRLF & $PDF,1) $MyCommand=$AcroRead & " " & $PDF ClipPut($MyCommand) Run($MyCommand)  
      It looks like, that this "--channel=... --type=renderer" parameters are always fact for the AcroRd32.exe instance, that is opening the PDF to be displayed. The Instance opening the "PDF Display GUI" seems to always be a child process of another AcroRd32.exe process.

Any clue, what's going on "backstage" here? How to avoid this "Choose your language" dialog? Or maybe someone can mention a different "portable" PDF viewer, I could use for this purpose?  
      Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.