handofthrawn

Run command, admin, windows 7, something changed

3 posts in this topic

I have a script that starts up all my work programs.  Programs like ventrilo, trillian, and other work stuff.  In the past week, I noticed two of these programs not starting up while 6 of them work the same.  I investigated and I notice these only start when I run the script as administrator (or add #requireadmin).  I use windows 7 and have no UAC.  I have not changed anything to my OS except install updates.  I'm so confused why only some of these programs now start up and require admin.  If I double click the executable or run in command prompt, they startup fine. 

Does anyone have a clue what happened to cause this change and if I can change it back? 

Below is the code I ran as a test.  Only the last program now starts up unless I add #requireadmin or right click and run the script as admin.  Thanks for any help.

#include <Misc.au3>

RUN("C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe")

Sleep(1000)
RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Trillian\trillian.exe")

RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Stealth Alerts\SAClient.exe") ;  This works just fine

Do you remember the magic words "Windows updates" ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rootx
      By rootx
      I need help to understand why the run function does not work, but if i use it directly inside cmd shell the command works. $where is the name of the jpg file
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec ," /k C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&'"'&$where&'"'&" > "&'"'&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt"&'"',@ScriptDir);<----- work Run("C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&$where&" > "&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt",@ScriptDir);<--- doesn't work I would use the run command!
      Thx
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      How are you
      I have a question, please.
      I've created a window and i need
      when i run the script if it detect an other copy from the same script was runing
       the script close the first copy Automatically and run a new copy
      I want an example to understand it
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I am attempting to run an Autoit.exe with schtasks every weekday @ 9:05 am.
      I have the below
      C:\>SchTasks /Create /TN "P10Run" /TR "O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3" /SC WEEKLY /D MON, TUE,WED,THU,FRI /ST 09:05:00 SUCCESS: The scheduled task "P10Run" has successfully been created. I also did a "test" run :
      C:\>Schtasks /Run /TN "P10Run SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "P10Run". But when I run my query to verify success my "Last Result" seems to indicate that the script did not run:
      C:\>SCHTASKS /QUERY /FO LIST /V /TN "P10RUN" Folder: \ HostName: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx TaskName: \P10RUN Next Run Time: N/A Status: Could not start Logon Mode: Interactive only Last Run Time: 6/14/2017 9:08:56 AM Last Result: -2147024894 Author: xxxxxxx Task To Run: O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3 Start In: N/A Comment: N/A Scheduled Task State: Enabled Idle Time: Disabled Power Management: Stop On Battery Mode, No Start On Batterie s Run As User: xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx Delete Task If Not Rescheduled: Enabled Stop Task If Runs X Hours and X Mins: 72:00:00 Schedule: Scheduling data is not available in this f ormat. Schedule Type: Weekly Start Time: 9:05:00 AM Start Date: 6/14/2017 End Date: N/A Days: MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI Months: Every 1 week(s) Repeat: Every: Disabled Repeat: Until: Time: Disabled Repeat: Until: Duration: Disabled Repeat: Stop If Still Running: Disabled C:\> Is there something missing in my command? Also is there a better way to make sure that the script does in fact sun successfully?
      Thanks In Advance! 
    • steveeye
      By steveeye
      hey, can anybody enlighten on lesser known Windows hacks or uses ?
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      What command would I use to open the following folder directories for:
      Computer/This PC (windows 7/Windows 10)
      Libraries\documents
      Libraries\Pictures
      I know:
       Run("Explorer.exe " & $filepath) ShellExecute($filepath) can be used to open folder locations when you type in the full directory such as "C:\Users\%username%\Documents" but I'm trying to figure out how to use these windows short paths. 
      Thanks,