WinAPI Trigger Aerosnap

Mat

Aerosnap, or whatever it's called nowadays with win10, is something I'd like to use from a program, but without having to go the ugly route of moving the mouse.

Looking through the window messages from Spy++, there seems to be an extra flag in WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING and WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED, with a value of 0x00100800 or 0x00100000, which I can only see when moving a window with the snapping. If I call SetWindowPos with those flags it returns Invalid Flags.

I haven't even started looking at trying to make the window narrower while still snapped...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in the messages to the window at all, but I am surprised I can't find any reference to it at all on MSDN, or even any good answers on SO. 

Mat

I read some time ago. that Microsoft  has no implemented API for that (at least no visible for third developers)

If I understand what you want.

I think no need to use mouse move. maybe using send for example Send("#{LEFT}") 

Saludos

Yep, I very quickly reached the conclusion there was no api. I was hoping to find that they were just using undocumented window messages, or undocumented flags within existing messages. Neither appears to be the case.

Win-left and right is a very good suggestion though thanks. Didn't know about those hotkeys but they do the trick.

Still, would have been nice to do it programmatically. 

Edited by Mat