msd1994

"Auto mute/unmute" Spotify

msd1994

I made a general utility file for volume and playback control, using the _W7sound UDF for muting spotify and only spotify, but when trying to automate it, so whenever the title has or contains "Spotify" spotify should be muted. Otherwise, it should unmute spotify. If i initiate muting spotify with a hotkey, it works, and will unmute properly, but I want it to mute automatically as well. I've tried many different ways to do this, most recently this. 

while 1
   Sleep(300) ; give time for title of window to change
   $title = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]") ; check what title is
   If (StringInStr($title, "Spotify")) Then ; if not song title, mute.
      If Not $autoUnmute Then
         autoMute()
      EndIf
   EndIf
   If $autoUnmute Then ;var set by "autoMute", if true, check when to unmute.
      ToolTip("Muted", 0, 0)
      While (StringInStr($title, "Spotify"))
      Sleep(200)
      $title = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]")

WEnd
      ToolTip("")
      Sleep(300)
      If $autoUnmute Then
         _SetVolume("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]", _GetVolume("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]"))
      EndIf

$autoUnmute = False
   EndIf
    Sleep(200)
WEnd

Func autoMute()
   $title = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]") ; double check still muted

If (StringInStr($title, "Spotify")) Then ; if it is, mute, set var to true so while loop checks when to unmute.
      _MuteVolume("[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]")
      $autoUnmute = True
   EndIf

EndFunc

if i remove the part above "If $autoUnmute Then" and just call autoMute myself with the hotkey I set, it works and properly mutes, then unmutes. Trying like this seems to have trouble though. Anyone have some idea why I would be having trouble? I did notice a slight delay in the time of me pausing Spotify and the actual title changing in "SndVol.exe" (volume mixer), but haven't been able to figure out how to fix this if that was the issue.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ammaul
      By ammaul
      Hi folks, I'm having problems with a screenshot capture script.
      Let me explain.
      Everyday I (and my colleagues at work) need to take some screenshots from a web-page. These screenshots are used to compile a report. Normally, I (and others) used to log in into the website and took screenshots of desired graphics and tables. This is tediuos and time consuming. To easy this task I made a script using autoit that basically logs into the website (user and password) and using some clicks, stroke send, coordinates, it is able to generate the graphics and save them to some folders into our network (this script saves arouund 50 pics. It works like a sharm.
      In order to make things easier, I tried to schedule this script (compiled to a Screnpics.exe file) using task scheduler from windows. We already use this (task scheduler) to run some vbs scripts, some vba excel scripts and so on. The computer used for this tasks is a windows 7 desktop computer. Due to security policies, the computer locks after some time. All this tasks run in the locked computer.
      My script screenpics.exe runs also from this locked computer. When the computer is unlocked, it does everything as expected. But, when it is locked, all the "pics" are BLACK. As I understand, it runs ok, but, as the "windows" are innactive, it prints what it "sees": a black rectangular.
      Some details: The web-page with hold the information I need, it only works in Firefox and, because of this it couldn`t be managed by vba or some "getobject" like commands. In fact, it has some flash things that make it impossible to control programatically. So my script is based on mouse move to coordinates, mouse click, screen capture and so one.

So, I read many posts trying to figure out a way to overcome this, but... nothing came to mind. My first idea was try to unlock windows. Theses lead me to some posts with no solution. This is worse because I'm not a computer admin, so procedures that need to replace/change the register are not an option.

If someone has any idea, I'll be gratefull.
    • therks
      By therks
      Has anybody else noticed that Windows 7 reacts ignorantly when you use the Windows key + arrow key shortcuts on a GUI with GUIEventMode set to 1? I discovered this recently when I was working on an app where I wanted complete control over the maximize/minimize buttons.
      Just give it a spin:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Opt('GUIEventOptions', 1) $hGUI = GUICreate('', 300, 200, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE ToolTip('Maximized') Case $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE ToolTip('Minimized') Case $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE ToolTip('Restored') Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Run that, then hit Win+Up or Win+Down. None of those events get triggered, and it still maximizes/minimizes. Although I can't get it to restore down from a maximize unless the window is also resizable ($WS_THICKFRAME in the style).
      Is there a way to stop Windows from doing what it wants or is the only option to check with WinGetState() and then change it back?

Windows 10 seems to respect my settings, and I don't have any other versions to test on.
    • msd1994
      By msd1994
      I have a script that just adds some keyboard shortcuts for things like displaying the current song and artist, moving the window to the side so it won't pop up in my way, and play/pause, next song, previous song (these are the only 3 to still work since they don't need the window handle.)
      In some update recently, Spotify's window class swapped from "[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]" to "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]". Using the new class in my controls doesn't seem to work, I've tried getting the window handle from the process handle (_GetHwndFromPID($PID)) but that seems to fail as well.
      Does anybody have some idea of a way I could get this script working again?

edit: seems like discord has the same window class name, so could be some issue with this? Still not sure of a way to solve the issue though, I added a function to get the handle of the active window and can just use that now, but it was able to find it on its own before on spotify startup or script startup which would be preferred.

Thanks!
    • steveeye
      By steveeye
      hey, can anybody enlighten on lesser known Windows hacks or uses ?
    • afallenhope
      By afallenhope
      Hello all! 
      I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 
      The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
      AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.
      When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 
      Any advice is appreciated 
      Thanks,
      Richard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.