willindows

Windows 10 problem with commMg.au3 serial send to arduino

willindows

Hello everyone, I usually use the include commMg.au3 to control the Arduino through some COM port via serial,  in previous versions of Windows until version 8.1 works perfectly. Recently I updated my windows to version 10 and when I use this include no longer works and the error that appears is "Port does not exist." Someone is going through a similar situation? Please can help me solve?

CommMG.au3

commg.dll

testeporta.au3

Edited by willindows

draconem

Have you tryied to install an updated Arduino driver?

For what I looked at the Arduino website, drivers works under XP, Vista and 7, tho it shows Win10 screenshots too.

Take a look at their installation guide: Getting Started with Arduino on Windows.

willindows

Have you tryied to install an updated Arduino driver?

For what I looked at the Arduino website, drivers works under XP, Vista and 7, tho it shows Win10 screenshots too.

Take a look at their installation guide: Getting Started with Arduino on Windows.

I'm with the updated drivers, I believe you have to update to a specific windows 10.

Dava

I have same issue but with other virtual serial devices including Bluetooth SPP which used to work under Win7 but now returns "port does not exist".

_CommListPorts returns "COM9|COM6|COM10|COM8"

_CommSetPort ( 9, $err) returns "port does not exist"

However a USB-->Serial adapter with Proific 2303 chipset does not give this error so does not seem to be affecting all Win10 COM ports.

leminhn1997

i have this error too but doesn't know how to solve it. the error "port does not exist" in the udf have the error code of -16 which is "port not found" which confused me because _CommListPorts show me the same port.:blink:

NBJ

Sorry to necro an old thread,

Was anyone able to figure out this issue?

On one of my machines the Arduino is linked to Com3, Com3 shows in the list of available ports using _CommlistPorts()

but it throws an error -16 - ERROR=-16 $sportSetError=port does not exist

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Cheers

NBJ

AutoBert
  1. Seems to be no AutoIt related problem
  2. Open your own thread (best in a Arduino Forum)

NBJ

Thanks AutoBert,

For anyone else searching for a solution, I found that I am having some success using the kernel32.dll method from the thread

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/80344-serial-communication-using-kernel32dll

Edited by NBJ
link to thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• RamDemon
      By RamDemon
      Hi,
      Did anyone tried to  use Redis  with AutoIT as store DB ?
       Redis <-- more about it
      Mladen
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello Im wondering if using this https://ohtejera.github.io/ImperiusAutoIt/#started
      UDF can i make that I can control my windows application with phone?
      like for example click button Start on android phone and then something would be done in my windows app?
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Virtual People, 
      I'm trying to lock my screen in Windows 10 but to no avail. 
      Has Windows 10 forbidden this feature? 
      Send("#l") Above code does not work. Even sending Ctrl Alt Del does not work nor as an Admin. 
      Note: I want to lock my screen, not log off. Thanks for been kind.