willindows

Windows 10 problem with commMg.au3 serial send to arduino

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I usually use the include commMg.au3 to control the Arduino through some COM port via serial,  in previous versions of Windows until version 8.1 works perfectly. Recently I updated my windows to version 10 and when I use this include no longer works and the error that appears is "Port does not exist." Someone is going through a similar situation? Please can help me solve?

CommMG.au3

commg.dll

testeporta.au3

Edited by willindows

Have you tryied to install an updated Arduino driver?

For what I looked at the Arduino website, drivers works under XP, Vista and 7, tho it shows Win10 screenshots too.

Take a look at their installation guide: Getting Started with Arduino on Windows.

Have you tryied to install an updated Arduino driver?

For what I looked at the Arduino website, drivers works under XP, Vista and 7, tho it shows Win10 screenshots too.

Take a look at their installation guide: Getting Started with Arduino on Windows.

I'm with the updated drivers, I believe you have to update to a specific windows 10.

I have same issue but with other virtual serial devices including Bluetooth SPP which used to work under Win7 but now returns "port does not exist".

_CommListPorts returns "COM9|COM6|COM10|COM8"

_CommSetPort ( 9, $err) returns "port does not exist"

However a USB-->Serial adapter with Proific 2303 chipset does not give this error so does not seem to be affecting all Win10 COM ports.

i have this error too but doesn't know how to solve it. the error "port does not exist" in the udf have the error code of -16 which is "port not found" which confused me because _CommListPorts show me the same port.:blink:

Sorry to necro an old thread,

Was anyone able to figure out this issue?

On one of my machines the Arduino is linked to Com3, Com3 shows in the list of available ports using _CommlistPorts()

but it throws an error -16 - ERROR=-16 $sportSetError=port does not exist

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Cheers

NBJ

1. Seems to be no AutoIt related problem
  2. Open your own thread (best in a Arduino Forum)

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks AutoBert,

For anyone else searching for a solution, I found that I am having some success using the kernel32.dll method from the thread

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/80344-serial-communication-using-kernel32dll

Edited by NBJ
link to thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Trisha
      By Trisha
      I tried (using AutoIt) to automate a scenario where i  have to open IE with specific URL on my extranet(Xen Desktop or Citrix ) ,from there i need to download  file and then through WinSCP; I  have to move that file to another location that can be access from my Local system using VMWare.
      I did as far as the above step. Now i want to navigate from my extranet to my local desktop system. But i am not able to move  from there.Mouse click is also not working.Please find the below screenshot highlighted in YELLOW.

• bbk4163
      By bbk4163
      Hi, 
      I am getting "array variable has incorrect number of subscripts dimension range exceeded" error while executing exe. Not sure what is wrong here. 
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> SelectWindowBasedOnTitle() Func SelectWindowBasedOnTitle()     $winList = WinList()     $wTitle = CheckWindows($winList)    IF $wTitle == "Choose File to Upload" Then             IE()    ElseIf $wTitle == "Open" Then             Chrome()    Else             FireFox()    EndIf EndFunc Func CheckWindows($aArray)     For $i = 1 To Ubound($aArray) - 1         If WinActive($aArray[$i][1]) Then $wTitle= $aArray[$i][0] ;MsgBox(0, "Window Check", $aArray[$i][0] & " is active.")     Next     Return $wTitle EndFunc Func Example()     $wText = WinGetText("[ACTIVE]") EndFunc Func IE()     ControlFocus("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("Choose File to Upload","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("Choose File to Upload","","Button1") EndFunc Func Chrome()     ControlFocus("Open","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("Open","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("Open","","Button1") EndFunc Func FireFox()     ControlFocus("File Upload","","Edit1")     ControlSetText("File Upload","","Edit1",$CmdLine[1])     ControlClick("File Upload","","Button1") EndFunc  
    • TheWizEd
      By TheWizEd
      How do I work with 2D arrays.  I've tried this but get errors.
      Local $aTest[4][4] = [[1,2,3,4],[5,6,7,8],[9,10,11,12],[13,14,15,16]]
      ;$aTest[0][] = [10,11,12]  ; Error at []
      Local $sTest = ""
      For $i = 0 To UBound($aTest)-1
        Local $aExtract = _ArrayExtract($aTest,$i,$i)
        $sTest = $sTest & MyTest($aExtract)
      Next
      Func MyTest($aTemp)
        _ArrayDisplay($aTemp)
        ; Error at    v $aTemp
        Return String($aTemp[0]) & " - " & String($aTemp[1]) & " - " & String($aTemp[2]) & @CRLF
      EndFunc

• Valnurat
      By Valnurat
      Hi.
      If I use this code:

#include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $sServiceTAG = "9S1Y3J2" Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/servicetag/" & $sServiceTAG & "/warranty?ref=captchasuccess",Default,0,0) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oTds = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "td") For $oTd In $oTds If StringStripWS($oTd.innertext, 7) = "NBD ProSupport" Then $sShipdate = StringStripWS($oTd.NextElementSibling.InnerText, 7) ExitLoop EndIf Next _IEQuit($oIE) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warranty", $sShipdate) My messagebox is empty, but if I use the link first:
      http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/product-support/servicetag/9S1Y3J2/warranty?ref=captchasuccess
      and then use my code I get results.
      Can someone help so I don't need to use the link first.