Windows 10 problem with commMg.au3 serial send to arduino

Hello everyone, I usually use the include commMg.au3 to control the Arduino through some COM port via serial,  in previous versions of Windows until version 8.1 works perfectly. Recently I updated my windows to version 10 and when I use this include no longer works and the error that appears is "Port does not exist." Someone is going through a similar situation? Please can help me solve?

CommMG.au3

commg.dll

testeporta.au3

Edited by willindows
  • 1 month later...

I have same issue but with other virtual serial devices including Bluetooth SPP which used to work under Win7 but now returns "port does not exist".

_CommListPorts returns "COM9|COM6|COM10|COM8"

_CommSetPort ( 9, $err) returns "port does not exist"

However a USB-->Serial adapter with Proific 2303 chipset does not give this error so does not seem to be affecting all Win10 COM ports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to necro an old thread,

Was anyone able to figure out this issue?

On one of my machines the Arduino is linked to Com3, Com3 shows in the list of available ports using _CommlistPorts()

but it throws an error -16 - ERROR=-16 $sportSetError=port does not exist

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Cheers

NBJ

Thanks AutoBert,

For anyone else searching for a solution, I found that I am having some success using the kernel32.dll method from the thread

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/80344-serial-communication-using-kernel32dll

Edited by NBJ
link to thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zaoka
      HI,
      for couple of years I'm using  Jos script for sending reports, email with excel attachment. But from last week i'm getting this error when sending excel or word attachment
      message has lines too long for transport jpeg, pdf works with no problems, any sugestion ?
    • By diepfeile
      I'm using the following:
      Autoit 3.3.14.5
      newly installed Beta 3.3.15.5
      SQlite version 3380000 aka 3.38.0
      I put sqlite3.dll and sqlite3_x64.dll in C:\Windows\System32 since many scripts depend on them.

I extended the output of _SQLite_Startup()
      with:
      ConsoleWrite("@AutoItX64 " & @AutoItX64 & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$sDll_Filename " & $sDll_Filename & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)

Also using the script from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_SQLite_Startup.htm for testing.

>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0

Why doesn't it work in 32bit, despite me having the 32bit sqlite.dll? Autoit urges running scripts in 32bit mode and Scite starts scripts just in 32bit mode without the flag?
      With #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y it just works, both normal Autoit and beta!
      sqlite3.dll sqlite3_x64.dll
    • By Iraj
      Hello Team, Greetings!
      Is there any way to run any 3rd party application silently in background without the GUI getting in the front ?
      I was implementing angry-ip scanner with autoit & wanted the angry-ip application to run in background quietly as I am copying its output to other file on completion. is there any way to achieve my query?
      Below is code I tried: 
      $range = "192.168.0.1 192.168.0.255" ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\DDM\ipscan.exe","-f:range "&$iprange&" -q -o C:\temp\ScanResults.csv","","open",@SW_HIDE) Thanks!
    • By PeterVerbeek
      This topic give you access to an AutoIt functions library I maintain which is called PAL, Peter's AutoIt Library. The latest version 1.26 contains 214 functions divided into these topics:
      window, desktop and monitor GUI, mouse and color GUI controls including graphical buttons (jpg, png) logics and mathematics include constants string, xml string and file string dialogues and progress bars data lists: lists, stacks, shift registers and key maps (a.ka. dictionaries) miscellaneous: logging/debugging, process and system info Change log and files section  on the PAL website (SourceForge).
      A lot of these functions were created in the development of Peace, Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension, which is a user interface for the system-wide audio driver called Equalizer APO.
    • By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hello everyone,
      I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT company that started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kind of drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation + Configuration of Windows 10.
      The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

==============================FAQ==================================
      1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIt ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BATCH / POWERSHELL / VB) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIt to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsibility to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Current progression of the project (more will be added in future)
      « Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
      ***Very early Stage ***
      Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Work but missing configuration in GUI - AutoIt only)
      Download & Install up to 600+ softwares (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool + 50/50 Powershell/AutoIt)
       Auto prediction of Apps name of text typed inside input (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)
      Change OEM Informations (Tested & Working -  AutoIt)
      Disable hibernation (Tested & Working - AutoIt only)
      Change Computer Name (Work but require testing - AutoIt only) 
      Show Computer Information and Smart status on GUI (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)
      Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
      Windows Updater (Seems to work but require further testing - AutoIt only)
      Install Office 365 / 2013 + Activation (To Do)
      Add L2TP VPN Configuration for Windows Built-in VPN (To Do)
      Save / Load tasks configuration profile in (.ini file) to avoid repeating same configuration twice (In progress - AutoIt Only)
      (EXPERIMENTAL) Install Apps from Microsoft Store with UIAutomation UDF made by @junkew(Work if you know what your doing)
         P.S: Installing Apps from Microsoft Store will require usage of  UIA spy tool made by @LarsJ which you can download & learn how to use it on UIA Spy Tool thread.
      ***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real  ***
      ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Best Regards,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas