Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SugarBall

How to adapt script for other browsers than IE?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there...

i have this script and i want to make it run in other browsers such as mozilla, chrome, opera or even _html.au3

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.example.com/")

Sleep (10000) 

Local $oFrame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 0)

Local $oAs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a")

For $oA In $oAs
    $sDataTarget = Execute("$oA.attributes.getNamedItem('data-target').value")
    If $sDataTarget = "example" Then
        _IEAction($oA, "click")
    EndIf
Next

the problem is at these two functions which i can not find at the other browsers: 

_IETagNameGetCollection
_IEFrameGetCollection

Can anyone tell how to handle with this problem.. should i create these functions as new or what?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

You want to use other Browsers than IE for something like this?

Search for FF.au3

Search for Chrome.au3

or make your own UDF with the oleview.exe which should be standardly for Windows and look for the COM what is bound to the Browser you want.

Edited by RaiNote

• C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

yes, exactly ..

already got those and read their functions 

thanks a lot for the instruction :)

Edited by SugarBall

I would very much appreciate any other kind of help from you guys...:idea:

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

If the UDFs for FF and Chrome don't have those functions, then you're going to have to create them yourself or post in the threads for those UDFs. Or you could try this UDF to see if it can help.

1 person likes this

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Lesson learned KingBob, will not happen again!

Thanks for your comment, after reading many threads i also came to that conclusion of making a UDF myself...also thanks for advising me to post in those particular threads. 

junkew's UDF is a great one, but i will have to create my own and i needed some examples on how to start making those functions, but i guess i'll find them on my way to those

:):unsure:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I'm working on a little project, and, I encountered a little strange error when I try to add some data to an array...
      The code I wrote is this:
      Func _WMI_Get_Win32_TemperatureProbe($blnCanUseWMI, $blnCustomArrayDisplay = False, $blnReturnEU = False) If $blnCanUseWMI Then Local $objWMI_QueryResult = $objWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_TemperatureProbe", "WQL", 32) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error executing the query on Win32_TemperatureProbe class.", @error, 9999) Else Local $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe[1][3] _ArrayDelete($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, 0) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error deleting the 0st element $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) Else Local $objWMI_Variable = Null, $strWMI_QueryResult = "", $i = 0 For $objWMI_Variable In $objWMI_QueryResult $strWMI_QueryResult &= "QUERY RESULT" & "|# " & $i & "|/" & @CRLF & _ "Accuracy" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Accuracy & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Availability" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Availability & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "Caption" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Caption & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "ConfigManagerErrorCode" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ConfigManagerErrorCode & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "ConfigManagerUserConfig" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ConfigManagerUserConfig & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "CreationClassName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.CreationClassName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "CurrentReading" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.CurrentReading & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Description" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Description & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "DeviceID" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.DeviceID & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "ErrorCleared" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ErrorCleared & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "ErrorDescription" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ErrorDescription & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "InstallDate" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.InstallDate & "|" & "[datetime]" & @CRLF & _ "IsLinear" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.IsLinear & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "LastErrorCode" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LastErrorCode & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdFatal" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdFatal & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdNonCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdNonCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "MaxReadable" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.MaxReadable & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "MinReadable" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.MinReadable & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Name" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Name & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "NominalReading" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NominalReading & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "NormalMax" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NormalMax & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "NormalMin" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NormalMin & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "PNPDeviceID" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PNPDeviceID & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "PowerManagementCapabilities" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PowerManagementCapabilities & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "PowerManagementSupported" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PowerManagementSupported & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "Resolution" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Resolution & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Status" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Status & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "StatusInfo" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.StatusInfo & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "SystemCreationClassName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.SystemCreationClassName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "SystemName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.SystemName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "Tolerance" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Tolerance & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdFatal" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdFatal & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdNonCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdNonCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" $i+=1 Next ConsoleWrite($strWMI_QueryResult & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, $strWMI_QueryResult) ; I'll wait for an answer... See you later :) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error inserting item #" & $i & " in the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) Else If $blnCustomArrayDisplay Then _ArrayDisplay($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, "Win32_TemperatureProbe:", "", 64 + 32 + 4, "|", "VARIABLE NAME|ACTUAL VALUE|ENGINEERING UNIT", 350, 0xD3D3D3) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error displaying the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) EndIf EndIf If $blnReturnEU = False Then _ArrayColDelete($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, 2) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error deleting the column #2 of $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.") EndIf EndIf If IsArray($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe) Then Return $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe Else Return False EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndFunc And I get this error ( undocumented in the Help File on _ArrayAdd() function ):
      [15/09/2017 10:24:46] : Error inserting item #4 in the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array. > Error: 0 Adding a ConsoleWrite() before the _ArrayAdd() function, I can see the content of $strWMI_QueryResult, and, here it is:
      QUERY RESULT|# 0|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      Caption|Sensore numerico|[string]
      ConfigManagerErrorCode||[uint32]
      ConfigManagerUserConfig||[boolean]
      CreationClassName|Win32_TemperatureProbe|[string]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|CPU Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 0|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      ErrorDescription||[string]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      LowerThresholdCritical||[sint32]
      LowerThresholdFatal||[sint32]
      LowerThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]
      MaxReadable|1270|[sint32]
      MinReadable|64266|[sint32]
      Name|Sensore numerico|[string]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      PowerManagementCapabilities||[uint16]
      PowerManagementSupported||[boolean]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      SystemCreationClassName|Win32_ComputerSystem|[string]
      SystemName|DESKTOP-25LFPVU|[string]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdCritical||[sint32]
      UpperThresholdFatal||[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 1|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|True Ambient Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 1|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 2|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|Memory Module Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 2|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 3|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|Video Card Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 3|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]

Could please anyone help me out? 
      Thanks in advance
      Francesco
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I recently opened a bug report without reading the Helpfile... My bad . After @Melba23's gentle reminder, I was curious about why it was like that.
      It is about SetError's behaviour. This is the example from the bug report:
      Example() If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error" & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("No Error" & @CRLF) EndIf Func Example() SetError(1) Sleep(1000) EndFunc What I tried to do is set Example's (my user defined function's) @error value to 1... but the value set by SetError is cleared after calling a function, I wonder why? Why should calling to an external function effect my function's @error which is set when my function returns.
      Setting the error of a UDF in advance by using SetError makes sense... but I cannot find a reason why calling a function should clear it? Please note that I am not talking about @error, I am talking about the @error set by my function when it ends/returns!
      I hope someone can enlighten me, thanks for the answers in advance!
      P.S I tried to explain my best but my English is not very good and I didn't feel like I did a good job explaining today, so please pardon any mistakes that I have made
    • pboom
      By pboom
      I am looking for a way to retrieve filtered messages from the ‘system debug channel.' also known as  ‘kernel-mode debug output.'

AutoIt must do the capture in real time. The following AutoIt UDF almost does what is required but it only captures application level, or Win32 debug output.

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/82889-capture-debug-information-udf/#comment-593268

The utility DebugView by Sysinternals captures the information as required by turning on Capture Kernal and in my case using the Filter include:

*Incoming connection*

The use of DebugView to do this is covered in the following tech note;

https://www.tacticalsoftware.com/support/tech-notes/logging-com-port-activity.htm

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/debugview.aspx

However to make to make the information from DebugView available to my AutoIt script required DebugView capture to a text file and then my AutoIt script monitor that file for changes. The use of DebugView to capture the system debug channel could be made to work, but it was less than reliable and difficult to get started. The startup wasn’t something that could be easily automated not even with AutoIt.

If you understood what I am talking about and made it this far, I think an explanation of the application is in order. Lots of details here sorry trying to answer questions in advance.

I support a large installation of General Electric MUSE application. MUSE is a Windows-based medical application that processes and archives ECGs (electrocardiograms) taken on dedicated hardware (ECG Carts). Several methods exist on the cart to get the ECG from the Carts to the MUSE system; they range from floppies (on old obsolete hardware), memory cards, RS232 serial ports, and hardwired network connections.

In our installation, we choose not to use the vendor-supplied network solution due to a variety of reasons I won’t get into here.  Instead, we have designed our own connection solution.

We use a wireless serial server mounted on the ECG carts connecting to a server running a Serial/IP COM Port Redirector. The ECG cart and MUSE application think they are talking to each other via an RS232 port and as far as they are concerned, they are. However, this RS232 cable happens to run through our province (think State) wide Health Care WAN.  The hardware and software used can be seen on these two sites;

http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Wireless-Cellular/AirborneM2M-802-11-a-b-g-n-Dual-Band-Wireless/AirborneM2M-Industrial-Dual-Band-Wi-Fi-Router-Brid.aspx

https://www.tacticalsoftware.com/virtual-serial-port-redirector/serial-ip.htm

This setup works well we have over 130 ECG carts connecting using this setup. However, the end users are not technical, and there is a lot that can go wrong with wireless connections. So we do get complaints, often after the fact, that the ECG cart would not connect. A log of what ECG carts connected and when would be very helpful.

The Serial redirector software can be configured to log all activity to the Kernal-mode Debug output. The serial redirector software itself being kernel level software. For configuration of the Wireless modules, we have custom written software (written in AutoIt) that amongst other things can display relevant configuration information for a Wireless module given it’s IP address.

By extracting messages like the ones below from the Kernal-Mode Debug channel;

COM56 : ½ Incoming connection from 10.158.188.172:51562

COM18 : ½ Incoming connection from 10.158.188.200:50896

COM19 : ½ Incoming connection from 10.158.188.180:59074

COM68 : ½ Incoming connection from 142.239.15.82:34322

We can have the module configuration program retrieve the configuration. The retrieved configuration contains more information such as the module ID number and wireless signal strength. This information is then logged to a file which is later loaded into a database. We can then query the database for connections made by a particular module within a specified time frame. The results of these Queries help us determine if the module was connected or is having problems connecting. Problems are usually indicated by poor signal strength and frequent re-connecting.

So what I am looking for is a way for our module configuration program (written in AutoIt) to retrieve filtered Kernal-Level debug messages directly without using the DebugView application.

The Forum post listed at the first of this message includes the source code for the DLL. So if you are versed in these matters and Visual Studio this may be an easy task. I looked at what needed to be done but, I was way over my head. If you look up the price of the serial IP redirector software, you can see that there is some money in our project for such things however, I do have a spending limit for purchases such as this.

• jollypk
      By jollypk
      hI,
      Is there any UDF for Zeromq ?
      I need to communicate with a remote and local socket. Any suggestion or guidance will be very appreciated.

Thanks
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I am working on a little script, which takes some data from a SQLite DB and should create a sort of report, inserting rows in a Word Document... I arrived at the point of:
      _Word_DocTableWrite() and, I don't know how to set the range parameter? What does that specify? 
      Thanks a lot for the help
      EDIT:
      Managed to write a table in the Word document, but now I get an error when I save the document with _Word_DocSaveAs(), with error 2.
      Which are possible causes? Thanks a lot, again
      EDIT 2:
      ... And, how can I set a border to the table? Maybe, with a sort of auto-formatting for text ( larger is the text, larger is the height/width of the table's cell ).
      Thanks  
      EDIT 3 ( bug ):
      Including the parameter $WdSaveChanges in the function _Word_DocSaveAs(), a save dialog box appears, and it should not do it, as it's written in the MSDN documentation:
      wdSaveChanges -1 Save pending changes automatically without prompting the user. Thanks again for everyone will answer to me