IE Automation Resources

I sort of get a break from "things I have to do" and can do a bit of "things I want to do" for scripting for a bit :)

One thing that would be infinitely useful that I really need to get under my belt is internet/website automation.

I used to use this heavily years ago when working helpdesk before I converted over to AutoIT (was using the "other guys" stuff back then)

IE being the easiest to work with I would assume (even though its not a browser I use)

I google/search and poke in and out of various threads to learn some of it, but I had to ask do we have like a be all end all thread or resource that really shows how to figure this stuff out?  An example would be opening a page and then finding all the links/buttons/forms to interact with.  I am currently doing that with a For loop using one of the GetCollection type of functions, but it could be easier to look at the page source or maybe even have a tool like the Autoit Window Info tool that can simply mouse over things but I have not found the information to point to these techniques/tools. 

Any tips/tricks, links, etc I can get would be a good help to start me in the right direction.

Regards,

Yeah, I looked at that a few times and every time I am way over my head :(

Last time somebody showed me that it was in my thread about Automating the Steam GUI and I tried and got as far as having it activate the Steam Window lol.  Maybe it will be easier with an IE browser.  I'll have to give it a shot again.

Edited by ViciousXUSMC