Could Someone Guide me on Automating User Login and Data Extraction from Web Application?

Hello there,

I hope this message finds you well. I am relatively new to AutoIt and have been exploring its capabilities for automating tasks on Windows. I have a specific project that I am working on, and I would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice from the experienced members of this community.

I need to launch a specific web browser (preferably Chrome or Firefox) and navigate to the login page of the web application.

The script should automatically fill in the username and password fields and submit the login form. The login page may include additional elements such as CAPTCHA, which could be a challenge to automate.

After successfully logging in, the script should navigate through the web application to reach a specific page where the required data is displayed.

What is the best approach to handle web automation with AutoIt for the aforementioned tasks?

Are there any recommended libraries or tools that work well with AutoIt for web automation, particularly for handling dynamic web elements and CAPTCHA?

Also, I have gone this post: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/205542-solved-extract-data-from-website-aws-devops-export-to-excel-moved/  which definitely helped me out a lot.

Can anyone share sample scripts or code snippets that demonstrate similar automation processes?

What are the common pitfalls I should be aware of when automating web interactions using AutoIt?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

• Developers
2 hours ago, elija6266 said:

The login page may include additional elements such as CAPTCHA, which could be a challenge to automate.

Not going to happen! Please read our forum rules on this topic as we do not allow that to be discussed!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic