Duplicate cursor/Double Cursor

I've made a script to manipulate data but it uses the cursor, while it is executing I can't use my computer, it does the manual work much faster then me but, I want to use my computer while the script is running.

I tried to use virtual box, It worked for some scripts but It doesn't work correctly for others because of the performance of the virtual machine... Then I tough about putting a second screen (duplicate the screen using other monitor) and duplicate the cursor somehow, I'm not pretty sure that it is possible to do but, I just want to know if anyone knows a way to do that, or if you guys have some tips to give me that can help me solve my problem...

Thanks for the attention!

I don't think that is possible but someone may know something I don't.

As for it using the cursor to do the tasks, are you sure that it needs to? If I may ask what is the cursor doing, I presume clicking things? Most applications you can use ControlSend or ControlClick even to achieve this.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Your best option if possible is to find a way to do the automation without the mouse cursor.  But with most automation running  where its actually manipulating windows and such it may be hard to use the computer at the same time.

The second idea is to have the mouse changes happen very quickly so that they do not really interrupt what your doing.

Save your current mouse position to a variable, call your move/click and then recall your mouse position with fast movement options.

An example in something I was messing with the other day that had to click on the title bar of Putty.  

;Press Control+Alt+p to get Current Putty Screen Text
HotKeySet("^!p", "PuttyScreen")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func PuttyScreen()
$aOldMouse = MouseGetPos()
$vOldClip = ClipGet()
WinActivate("[REGEXPTITLE:PuTTY.*]", "")
$aPos = WinGetPos("[REGEXPTITLE:PuTTY.*]", "")
MouseClick("left", $aPos[0]+15, $aPos[1]+15, 1, 1)
Send("{DOWN 13}{Enter}")
$vClip = ClipGet()
ClipPut($vOldClip)
MouseMove($aOldMouse[0], $aOldMouse[1], 1)
MsgBox(0, "", "Current PuTTY Window:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $vClip)
EndFunc

I don't think that is possible but someone may know something I don't.

As for it using the cursor to do the tasks, are you sure that it needs to? If I may ask what is the cursor doing, I presume clicking things? Most applications you can use ControlSend or ControlClick even to achieve this.

Yes, it is just clicking and sending key's to the program, I'm not sure that I really need the cursor but, I don't know if ControlSend will work in this case because I want to use two screens and, I think, if I use ControlSend It will mess with my current work in the other screen because I'II be using the opposite screen that the program is running (I don't know if it was clear...). But thanks for the answer! I'II give another look at ControlSend and ControlClick features, if you have any other tip for me I'II be grateful.

Thanks for your attention and time Damein.

Edited by Guilherme Tocchetto

Your best option if possible is to find a way to do the automation without the mouse cursor.  But with most automation running  where its actually manipulating windows and such it may be hard to use the computer at the same time.

The second idea is to have the mouse changes happen very quickly so that they do not really interrupt what your doing.

Save your current mouse position to a variable, call your move/click and then recall your mouse position with fast movement options.

An example in something I was messing with the other day that had to click on the title bar of Putty.  

;Press Control+Alt+p to get Current Putty Screen Text
HotKeySet("^!p", "PuttyScreen")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func PuttyScreen()
$aOldMouse = MouseGetPos()
$vOldClip = ClipGet()
WinActivate("[REGEXPTITLE:PuTTY.*]", "")
$aPos = WinGetPos("[REGEXPTITLE:PuTTY.*]", "")
MouseClick("left", $aPos[0]+15, $aPos[1]+15, 1, 1)
Send("{DOWN 13}{Enter}")
$vClip = ClipGet()
ClipPut($vOldClip)
MouseMove($aOldMouse[0], $aOldMouse[1], 1)
MsgBox(0, "", "Current PuTTY Window:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $vClip)
EndFunc

That's a great idea ViciousXUSMC, but unfortunately If I try it I will have the problem that you predicted. I'm using the other screen to write so you can imagine what would happen...

Anyway, this could help me in future projects, thanks for the idea and for the attention, if anything comes up, I'II be happy to hear =)

Thanks again!

Not sure if its possible but maybe you can tell us what program you're manipulating so we have a clear idea if its feasible. Or possibly just use the Window Info to check the controls of the program and see if their accessible.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Damein, I'm not injecting anything in the program, I don't even know what is the program language, I use my script in a lot of programs, like: Games, DB and String Collectors, I don't know if that was your question... Depending on the program there are different controls that I can use? There are different options? Sometimes is just a browser screen that I'm doing a sequence of instructions with the cursor and the keyboard.