TheFixer

Autoit Random number help?

9 posts in this topic

So I need some help...

basically all I want to do is have Autoit generate a random number between 1 and 3

and then have an if statement that reads the random number... and lets say if it = 3 it will say the number 3 in a msgbox

(like this)

sleep(500)

Random(1,3)

If Random = 2 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","2")
EndIf

If Random = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","1")
EndIf

If Random = 3 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","3")
EndIf

can anyone help me? (thanks in advance!)

$RandomNumber=Random(1,3,1)
MsgBox(0,"Result",$RandomNumber)

not exactly what i was looking for I want it to be like

If $RandomNumber = 3 Then
--> does stuff here
EndIf

TheFixer,

Get the random number and then use a Switch structure to distinguish between the 3 returns - look in the Help file to see the syntax.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

TheFixer,

Get the random number and then use a Switch structure to distinguish between the 3 returns - look in the Help file to see the syntax.

M23

I hope you don't mind but could you give me a little example? (I work best with examples & having things explained to me like I'm stupid pretty much lol)

TheFixer,

What do you not understand about the example for Switch in the Help file? Does that not explain how to use the function well enough?

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

$iRandomNumber = Random(1, 3, 1)

Switch $iRandomNumber
    Case 1
        ; Code

Case 2
        ; Code

Case 3
        ; Code
EndSwitch

Edited by TheDcoder
speeling
1 person likes this

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

$iRandomNumer = Random(1, 3, 1)

Switch $iRandomNumer
    Case 1
        ; Code

Case 2
        ; Code

Case 3
        ; Code
EndSwitch

Thank you very much :)

My pleasure :)

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!