Sign in to follow this  
duckling78

Replace music key on keyboard with Chrome back button

duckling78

Here's a hacky script I made to make the music key on my keyboard click the back button on my Chrome browser.  You need to compile the script in to an exe, and associate "cda" file extension to the executable.  Note- this also means you can reassign the music key on your keyboard to whatever executable you want using this method!

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
HotKeySet("{Escape}", "exitScript")
$chromePos = WinGetPos("Chrome")
If (@error <> 0) Then
    ConsoleWriteError("Can not find Chrome window - WinGetPos returned @error: " & @error & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf
$originalMousePos = MouseGetPos()
MouseClick("primary", $chromePos[0] + 20, $chromePos[1] + 45, 1, 2)
MouseMove($originalMousePos[0], $originalMousePos[1], 2)

Func exitScript()
    ConsoleWrite("Exiting script..." & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndFunc

Yay AutoIt3 community.  Unfortunately, for the most part at work I've moved on to OSX machines (meh).  Seems like that's what all the companies are developing on lately.

TheSaint

I would not recommend changing the default for the .cda extension.

You do realize, that .cda files are what exist on an audio CD.

Extreme care should be taken when altering registry based things.

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've bought a Ergodox EZ programmable keyboard with layers of key maps (eg, layer 0 = dvorak, layer 1 = numberpad & nav, layer 2 = qwerty, etc), I've also got a small USB screen that can pull information from the registry. What I would like to determine is a way to pull the value of each current key from the keyboard, I can then write the values to the registry and pull them into my USB screen so I can see the keyboard key layout.
      I'm stuck with retrieving the key values, I've looked at _IsPressed(), _WinAPI_GetKeyState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardState(), _WinAPI_GetKeyboardType(), _WinAPI_GetKeyNameText(), but none of them appear to be able to pull the keyboard key values without user interaction.
      The idea being, in pseudo code, bear in mind no error checking etc in this code, "GetKeyValue()" is what I'm needing help with and is a made up function, as is "HardwareKey1" etc:
      $keyOnePrev = "" $numOfKeys = 76 While 1 $keyOneCurrent = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey1) If $keyOneCurrent <> $keyOnePrev Then For $key = 1 To $numOfKeys $keyToWrite = GetKeyValue(HardwareKey & $key) RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\myKeyboard", "key" & $key, "REG_SZ", $keyToWrite) Next EndIf $keyOnePrev = $keyOneCurrent Sleep(5000) WEnd Thanks guys!
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      Example of Subclassing listviews using setwindowSubclass in order to intercept WM_KEYUP events
      Also pops context menu on  Shift + F10
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> Global $g_hCB, $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[2][2] ;Stores the Data for subclassing listview Global $g_LVKEYUP = 0xFE00, $g_LVKEYDN = 0xFD00 ;Our Own Custom messages (Key Up/Dn) Global $g_iDummyData Global $g_hGui = GUICreate("test") Global $g_hList1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 24, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList1) Global $g_hList1_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext1 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("1", $g_hContext1) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("2", $g_hContext1) Global $g_hList2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("#|x|y", 5, 100, 161, 70, $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS Or $LVS_SINGLESEL) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("text", $g_hList2) Global $g_hList2_LVN = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ;Recieves Messages from the callback Global $g_hContext2 = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($g_hList2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("3", $g_hContext2) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("4", $g_hContext2) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) SubClassListView() ;Creates our subclass Func SubClassListView() OnAutoItExitRegister("Cleanup") ;to remove our subclass $g_hCB = DllCallbackRegister('_SubclassProc', 'lresult', 'hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam;uint_ptr;dword_ptr') $g_pCB = DllCallbackGetPtr($g_hCB) $g_ahProc[0][0] = $g_hList1 ;Add the Ids of the controls we'd like to subclass $g_ahProc[1][0] = $g_hList2 ;Set up the subclass _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass ( $hWnd, $pSubclassProc, $idSubClass [, $pData = 0] ) $g_ahProc[0][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[0][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[0][0], $g_hList1_LVN) $g_ahProc[1][1] = _WinAPI_SetWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[1][0]), $g_pCB, $g_ahProc[1][0], $g_hList2_LVN) EndFunc ;==>SubClassListView Func _SubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam, $iID, $pData) #forceref $iID Local $iRtnMsg = 0 ;Events we'd like to intercept If $iMsg = $WM_KEYUP Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYUP Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYUP ElseIf $iMsg = $WM_KEYDOWN Or $iMsg = $WM_SYSKEYDOWN Then $iRtnMsg = $g_LVKEYDN EndIf ;We Recieve the Id of the dummy through $pData and pass our RtnMsg to the dummy control If $iRtnMsg Then GUICtrlSendToDummy($pData, BitOR($iRtnMsg, $wParam)) ;Pass messages on to the default handler Return _WinAPI_DefSubclassProc($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>_SubclassProc Func Cleanup() For $i = 0 To UBound($g_ahProc) - 1 ;Remove Our Subclass' by setting it back to the original proc _WinAPI_RemoveWindowSubclass(GUICtrlGetHandle($g_ahProc[$i][0]), DllCallbackGetPtr($g_ahProc[$i][1]), $g_ahProc[$i][0]) Next DllCallbackFree($g_hCB) EndFunc ;==>Cleanup While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $g_hList1_LVN ;This is just a dummy it only recieves events ConsoleWrite("LV1 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList1_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN If BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF) = 0x79 And (_IsPressed("A0") Or _IsPressed("A1")) Then ;Right/ Left Shift & F10 ShowMenu($g_hGui, $g_hList1, $g_hContext1) Else ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndIf Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv1 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch Case $g_hList2_LVN $g_iDummyData = GUICtrlRead($g_hList2_LVN) ;Retrieve the code that was sent ConsoleWrite("LV2 EVENT 0x" & Hex($g_iDummyData, 4) & @CRLF) Switch BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0xFF00) ;Get the keyup/dn status Case $g_LVKEYDN ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyDn Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode Case $g_LVKEYUP ConsoleWrite("Lv2 KeyUp Vk: 0x" & Hex(BitAND($g_iDummyData, 0x00FF), 2) & @CRLF) ;Get the Virtual keycode EndSwitch EndSwitch WEnd Func ShowMenu($hWnd, $idCtrl, $idContext) Local $aPos, $iX, $iY Local $hMenu = GUICtrlGetHandle($idContext) $aPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $idCtrl) $iX = $aPos[0] $iY = $aPos[1] + $aPos[3] ClientToScreen($hWnd, $iX, $iY) ; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd) _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hWnd, $iX, $iY) EndFunc ;==>ShowMenu ; Convert the client (GUI) coordinates to screen (desktop) coordinates Func ClientToScreen($hWnd, ByRef $iX, ByRef $iY) Local $tPoint = DllStructCreate("int;int") DllStructSetData($tPoint, 1, $iX) DllStructSetData($tPoint, 2, $iY) DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "ClientToScreen", "hwnd", $hWnd, "struct*", $tPoint) $iX = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 1) $iY = DllStructGetData($tPoint, 2) ; release Struct not really needed as it is a local $tPoint = 0 EndFunc ;==>ClientToScreen  
      Old Code Using setWindowLong

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      usually I do Win automations, so I have no skills at all to handle HTML forms :-/
      The script to catch and syntax check  the required information from Excel is done.
      Now I'd like to automate the upload using this form, too:

http://flashcardsdeluxe.com/flashcards/Upload.aspx
      What browser is easiest to do so? (IE, Chrome, FF) The Values $DeckCode, $DeckName, $DeckDefinition shall go to their HTML form fields finally "click" the button "upload flashcards" <table width="70%" class="cssCenter" border="0"> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Code</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckCode" type="text" id="ctlDeckCode" style="width:50%;" /> (no spaces allowed)</td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Name</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckName" type="text" id="ctlDeckName" style="width:50%;" /> (optional)</td> <td style="width: 1%" align="right"><input type="submit" name="ctlUpload" value="Upload Flashcards" id="ctlUpload" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding-top: 5px" >Flashcard&nbsp;Text</td> <td colspan="2"><textarea name="ctlFlashcardText" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctlFlashcardText" style="height:280px;width:100%;"></textarea></td> </tr> </table> If someone kindly could jump in showing how to address just one of the input fields and how to "click" the "upload flashcards" button, I should be able to do the rest myself.
      TIA, Rudi.

• TheWizEd
      By TheWizEd
      It seems AutoIt for Chrome is no longer working.  It's not in Google Store so not able to enable.  I can download the crx and drag to chrome but I can't figure out any way to enable the extension.
    • zxc3
      By zxc3
      Are there any examples of a script for Сhrome that allows you to check whether the information in the browser window has changed with a certain periodicity and signal this for 32-bit Windows.