WMIC uninstaller

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on a WMIC uninstaller. A quite simple one with a button to display product names in a editable list (for copy/paste purposes) but the main problem is that in order to achieve this, in my corporation, normal users cannot uninstall softs.

What I found/adapt so far:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("wmic uninstaller", 300, 152, 337, 380)

$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Computername", 0, 8, 75, 17)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput(@ComputerName, 0, 32, 125, 21)

$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("wmic command", 150, 8, 77, 17)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Model_Computer", 150, 32, 125, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL))

GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Current_user|Installed_Apps|Serial_Number|Bios_Version")

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("List Apps", 150, 72, 91, 49)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
         case $button1
            $wmi = GUICtrlRead($combo1)
            $pc = GUICtrlRead($input1)
            call($wmi,$pc)

EndSwitch
 WEnd

Func Model_Computer($pc)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'wmic /node:' & $pc &' product get name > %temp%\apps.txt' ,"", @SW_HIDE)
$file=(@TempDir & "/apps.txt")
$fileread= FileRead($file)
MsgBox(0, $pc , $fileread)
FileDelete(@TempDir & "/apps.txt")
EndFunc

Here's the textual version I gave to my techs:

Create cmd shortcut on Desktop, run it as a different user (using their own admin accounts).
Once opened, type wmic
Once wmic loaded, type product get name
Wait for the list of installed soft to display
Type product where name="Exact App name" call uninstall
Type "Y" to confirm
Wait for task execution
Don't care about exit code
App is uninstalled (verified by getting the list again)!

In fact, I'd like to automatize this process.

Any ideas over here? :)

Thanks ^^

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~

JLogan3o13

This is what I use, you could easily wrap a GUI around it:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

$sName = InputBox("Uninstall Wizard", "Please type the first few letters of the application name to search")
$oWMI = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2")
$aProducts = $oWMI.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Product Where Name LIKE '%" & $sName & "%'")

For $app in $aProducts
    $popup = MsgBox($MB_YESNOCANCEL, "Uninstall Wizard", "Would you like to uninstall " & $app.Name & "?")
        If $popup = $IDYES Then
            $app.Uninstall()
        ElseIf $popup = $IDCANCEL Then
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
Next

• Like 1

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Hell yeah! :) 

That's just awesome. No need to user admin credentials or so... Your core have done my script! Piece of cake now :) 

Thanks a lot for that :)

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• vyperhand
      By vyperhand
      I have an application that due to strange architecture will NOT uninstall as the system account.  As such, I have to pass credentials in order to uninstall it.  The commands I am trying run to accomplish this do not generate any errors, but they're not actually completing successfully.
      The $XUser and $XPass are defined as Local variables inside my function and are the username and password for a local admin account.  I have tried these variants on the command with no success:
      RunAsWait($XUser, @ComputerName, $XPass, $RUN_LOGON_NOPROFILE, "MsiExec.exe /x {DB7DE612-0D4F-49B5-B6B3-A42340856F7D} /qn") RunAsWait($XUser, @ComputerName, $XPass, $RUN_LOGON_NOPROFILE, @ComSpec & " /k " & "MsiExec.exe /x {DB7DE612-0D4F-49B5-B6B3-A42340856F7D} /qn") Simply calling "MsiExec.exe /x {DB7DE612-0D4F-49B5-B6B3-A42340856F7D} /qn" from a command prompt removes the software, so I know that command and GUID are correct.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello all
      I have a question please
      Is there a way to request the script for administrator privileges if a particular condition is met??
      example
      local $path = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\test", "fullpath")
      if $fullPath = @scriptFullPath then
      Request for administrator privileges
      main()
      else
      main()
      endIf
      I hope to find a solution here
      Greetings to all
    • ahmet
      By ahmet
      Hello,
      I am trying to make a program that will uninstall some software, provided by some form of a list. I have this
      ; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic June 08, 2010 ;#RequireAdmin $sPartialName="java" $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10 $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20 $colItems = "" $strComputer = "localhost" ;$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") ;$objWMIService=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2") $objWMIService=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2") $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Product", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly) If IsObj($colItems) then For $objItem In $colItems If StringInStr($objItem.Name,$sPartialName)=1 Then ConsoleWrite("Full name:" & $objItem.Name & @CRLF) RunAs("USERNAME",@ComputerName,"PASSWORD",0,@ComSpec & " /c" & ' wmic product where name="Java 9.0.4 (64-bit)" call uninstall /nointeractive',"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem",@SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Run('wmic product where name="Java 9.0.4 (64-bit)" call uninstall /nointeractive',"",@SW_MAXIMIZE) ExitLoop EndIf Next Else Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Product" ) Endif The script above fails uninstalling software despite providing username and password for admin account. If I run script with admin rights then the software gets uninstalled.
      At the following link there is a script by JLogan3o13 but it does not either uninstall software, unless run as admin..
      Is there some way to uninstall software using wim or wimc by providing user name and password?

• nitron
      By nitron
      Hy to all, 
      I am really Sorry to come up with this question but i can't seem to solve the Problem.
      Its quite easy, I have been using RegNumKey for Years, but i seemed to lose track of something.
      For $ZaehlerLocal = 1 to 1200
            $RegKey = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $ZaehlerLocal)
            If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
            $RegKey2=RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"&$RegKey,"DisplayName")
            $RegKey3=RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"&$RegKey,"UninstallString")
            $RegKey4=RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\"&$RegKey,"QuietUninstallString")

if StringInStr($RegKey,"_Office15")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"(German) 2013")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey,".KB")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"Security update")==0 and StringInStr($RegKey2,"Framework")==0 Then
              FileWrite($FileHandleLocal,$RegKey&";")
              FileWrite($FileHandleLocal,$RegKey2&";")
              FileWrite($FileHandleLocal,$RegKey3&";")
              FileWriteline($FileHandleLocal,$RegKey4&";")
           EndIf
         Next

Ive been using this to get all uninstall Strings from the Registry but for some reason, this doesn't work anymore. 
      I get some keys but not all, nore does it start with the first registry.
      As you can see in the picture, the Registry starts with {13DA9C7C-EBFB-40D0-94A1-55B42883DF21}
      but RegNumKey starts with Adressbook.
      Any Ideas what I am doing wrong? I tried HKLM64 instead as well, but with same result.
      Again sorry to bother, but i can't Find the mistake.