Hi,

I want to install chocolatey (https://chocolatey.org/) with AutoIt.

I just need to send the following command to cmd:

@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command "(iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1" && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin

This is what I tried:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command "(iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1" && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin", "");

It didn't work propably because of the quotes.

So I tried this:

$code1 = "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command"
$code2 = " (iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1"
$code3 = " && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3, "");

Didn't work either.

Any help?

Thanks in advance =)

Edited by Eggsplorer

Or you could just change the /C to /K so the window stays open. That way you can see what the command window is returning.

Alternatively, write your Run code to the console to ensure it matches up as you would expect, like this:

$code1 = "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command"
$code2 = " (iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1"
$code3 = " && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

ConsoleWrite(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3 & @CRLF)
;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3, "");

If it looks as you would expect, copy it from the AutoIt console window and paste into a command line, see what you get

Edited by JLogan3o13

Thanks a lot.
 I used a .bat-File but without the FileInstall.
My .bat-File is located on a server but accessing with RunWait() worked withoput problems.

Is FileInstall reccommended to avoid warning messages?

FileInstall actually includes the file inside the compiled .exe so its all self containing assuming your compiling the script and not just running it as an .au3

Good to use if you want to make things portable. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I would like to be able to write a script to send commands to the console for creation of Gstreamer pipelines.  I was thinking of something similar to this:
      Local $iPID = Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;THIS OPENS THE CONSOLE...!!! if $iPID == 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I DID NOT OPEN CMD...error: " & @error & @CRLF) if $iPID <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I OPENED CMD...!!!" & @CRLF) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") if $hCmd <> 0 Then WinActivate($hCmd) ;ensure command console is active... $sOutput = Send("cd C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) $sOutput = Send("gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) Sleep(3000) ControlSend($hCmd, "", "", "exit" & @CR) EndIf ;$hCmd NOT "0"... I don't really know if this is the best way to open the console and send commands into it.  I'm also not sure about how to best catch any errors that may occur...likely this needs to be accomplished with the STDOUTREAD command however I've not had experience using it before and therefore would appreciate some advice that anybody may offer. 
      Basically I'm seeking guidance on how to best automate the opening of the console, sending lines of commands to be executed, and handling any potential errors in the execution of those commands...I thank you in advance.  Regards.
    • By MadhaN
      Hi all,
      I have a csv file as below, I wand to find srno from csv and send corresponding ip and pass to commend cmd prompt. 
      Please guide me to create script .
      srno,name,ip,pass
      1,name1,ip1,pass1
      2,name2,ip2,pass2

• By lonardd
      Hi
      I have to run an executable with a parameter preceded by a /, like this:
      c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml")
      I tried both this:
      $iReturn = RunWait ("c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE"," /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml")
      and using COMSPEC as per some posted suggestions on this forum:
      Run(@comspec & ' /c "c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE" /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml')
      They both seem to fail.
      Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks
      Dave

• By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      With this script you can print Unicode text in the CMD screen
      the script is  easy to use
      just you  write the text that contains Unicode in the first input
      and the script automatically reflect the code in the second input
       you can copy the text to the clipboard
      or you can try printing the text in the CMD window
      I apologize to everyone for colors and shape if not appropriate
      I'm a blind man and I do not see
      Thank you for your understanding
      Greetings to all of youCmdUtM.au3
    • By vyperhand
      I'm struggling to launch a VBS file via autoit using RunWait.  Due to the nature of the deployment tool I am using for said script, I only know that the .vbs files will be in the same directory as my AutoIt-generated .exe, but not what that path will be.  The path will look something like this:
      c:\programdata\vendor\lots\of\folders\randomnumber
      This is generated during deployment and I have no way of predicting the path - therefore, I am not sure how to call back to "same directory" in order to successfully launch the .vbs.
      This line is as close as I have gotten - this fires off the cmd window, but it closes immediately with out information, and the .vbs is not launched.
      RunWait (@ComSpec & " /c" & 'cscript.exe WORKPLEASE.vbs ALL /Q /NoCancel') I thought /c might be the problem, but leaving out the /c element causes me not to even see the momentary CMD window flash by.  Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.