Eggsplorer

Installing Chocolatey via AutoIt

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I want to install chocolatey (https://chocolatey.org/) with AutoIt.

I just need to send the following command to cmd:

@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command "(iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1" && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin

This is what I tried:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command "(iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1" && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin", "");

It didn't work propably because of the quotes.

So I tried this:

$code1 = "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command"
$code2 = " (iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1"
$code3 = " && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3, "");

Didn't work either.

Any help?

Thanks in advance =)

Edited by Eggsplorer

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Or you could just change the /C to /K so the window stays open. That way you can see what the command window is returning.

Alternatively, write your Run code to the console to ensure it matches up as you would expect, like this:

$code1 = "@powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -Command"
$code2 = " (iex ((new-object net.webclient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))) >$null 2>&1"
$code3 = " && SET PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin"

ConsoleWrite(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3 & @CRLF)
;RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $code1 & $code2 & $code3, "");

If it looks as you would expect, copy it from the AutoIt console window and paste into a command line, see what you get

Edited by JLogan3o13
1 person likes this

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead - it's only difficult for those that know you. It's the same way when you're stupid...

My Scripts: SCCM UDFInclude Source with Compiled Script, Windows Firewall UDF

Thanks a lot.
 I used a .bat-File but without the FileInstall.
My .bat-File is located on a server but accessing with RunWait() worked withoput problems.

Is FileInstall reccommended to avoid warning messages?

FileInstall actually includes the file inside the compiled .exe so its all self containing assuming your compiling the script and not just running it as an .au3

Good to use if you want to make things portable. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Wingens
      By Wingens
      I am trying to send a CTRL+G to a command prompt.
      It should send something like ^G this to the prompt but instead it sends only the G.
      To give more insight into what I am trying to create here:
      At my work we need a programm to open de cashdrawer using the commandprompt, i created a gui where you can set the COM-port to wich the command should be send.
      This works the COM-port setting is writting in a .ini file to be used every time the program opens.
      I have attached the files to the post.
      Hope someone can help me.

open.zip
    • Vivaed
      By Vivaed
      Trying to automate the sideload of a Windows Store app via .ps1 script...
      RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c' & 'C:\"WB Resources"\APP_Prod\Add-AppDevPackage.ps1') Above doesn't work... I assume this is trying to open in CMD.

Normally we right click the .ps1 and open with powershell, then we have to type "A" to start the install, it installs and then type any yet to exit.
      However I cant get the powershell to even open.
      Kind of puzzled here, any suggestions would be a help.
      PS I also tried to convert the .ps1 to exe, but that was a huge failure... lol
    • WannaBeGut
      By WannaBeGut
      Hello,
      I just wrote a script that should copy data into my cloud using xcopy (cmd), but I want the Status Bar I have in my GUI to change it's text like that:
      working. -> working.. -> working... -> working. ...
      I would also like to make a button which interrupts xcopy (simply closing it should do the trick), but I don't know how to call ProcessClose("xcopy.exe") using a button, while I'am waiting for RunWait to finish.
      Example:
      $command = 'xcopy "' & @DesktopDir & '\text.txt"' & ' "\\ADMIN-CLOUD\private\" /EECHIY' $SW_STATE = @SW_HIDE RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & '"' & $command & '"', @DesktopDir, $SW_State) Please tell me if you need any further information! 
    • Vivaed
      By Vivaed
      I have this button in an app I am building:
      When you click it, it then opens a FileOpenDialog() I select and XML, then it asks for a name input, enter the name, then it should run the following code:
      schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX-task /XML C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML It works when I put it in the CMD and run it, I get SUCCESS! and the new task has been created in Task Scheduler.
      C:\Users\vivaed>schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX /xml C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML SUCCESS: The scheduled task "XXXX" has successfully been created. But when I run it in:
      (This is just a snippet of the code, there is a lot more)
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Global $wbResources = 'C:\"WB Resources"\WB-LoopChecker\' Case $Button4 $getXML = FileOpenDialog("Find task to import", $wbResources ,"XML (*.xml)") If @error Then ; Display the error message. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file was selected.") Else Local $taskName = InputBox("Name this task","File: " & @CRLF & $getXML & @CRLF & "Name this task:" & @CRLF,"XXXX-task") $schedTask = 'schtasks.exe /create /tn ' & $taskName & ' /XML ' & FileGetShortName($getXML) Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $schedTask, @SW_HIDE) ConsoleWrite($wbResources & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($schedTask & @CRLF) EndIf Here I dont get any errors but the when I refresh the Task Scheduler, there is no new task....