RunWait calling another script, but can't see ConsoleWrite in the subscript

Hello, 

I'm trying to call a Subscript using a Mainscript. 

This is my Mainscript: 

;#pragma("AutoItExecuteAllowed", True)

ConsoleWrite("Start Loop" & @CRLF)
For $i = 1 To 3
    ConsoleWrite("Looping..." & @CRLF)
    Sleep(1000)
    RunWait(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript Subscript.au3")
Next
ConsoleWrite("Loop Finished" & @CRLF)

This is my Subscript: 

_write15()
;ConsoleWrite("Hello" & @CRLF)
MsgBox(0, "", "Hello")

Func _write15()
    ;ConsoleWrite("15" & @CRLF)
    MsgBox(0, "", "15")
EndFunc

If I run exactly like above, it's working correctly. I can see the message boxes every time; first "Hello" and then "15". No problem at all. This is my output: 

+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop.
Start Loop
Looping...
Looping...
Looping...
+>18:07:37 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>18:07:37 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

BUT: If I comment MsgBox and open the ConsoleWrite in the Subscript, I cannot see "Hello" and "15" in the output window: 

_write15()
ConsoleWrite("Hello" & @CRLF)
;MsgBox(0, "", "Hello")

Func _write15()
    ConsoleWrite("15" & @CRLF)
    ;MsgBox(0, "", "15")
EndFunc

The output is the same as above: 

+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop.
Start Loop
Looping...
Looping...
Looping...
Loop Finished
+>18:10:45 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>18:10:45 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

Is there a way that I can see "Hello" and "15" as ConsoleWrite in the output window? What I'm expecting is something like this: 

Start Loop
Looping...
Hello
Looping...
Hello
Looping...
Hello
Loop Finished

Side note-1: I don't want to use #include <Subscript.au3> because I want to change and edit the content of Subscript any time I want. If I include Subscript.au3, even if I change the content while the Mainscript is running, I cannot see the changes until I start Mainscript again. 

Side note-2: I found #pragma("AutoItExecuteAllowed", True) in some other topics, but I couldn't make use of it, so I commented it. 

Edited by taylansan

TY.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iraj
      Hi Team,
      Greetings!

One silly doubt, I need to pass one parameter using RunWait to write an output to a file using Cmd Line, but the below isn't writing to the file specified. Kindly assist.
      $pass = $CmdLine[1] $CMD = "C:\Progra~1\bin\Encrypt.exe" &$pass& " > C:\temp\pwd.txt" #write the parameter $pass in C:\temp\pwd.txt RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $CMD,"",@SW_HIDE) Thank you!!
    • By user4157124
      ConsoleWrite('>Message here.' & @CRLF) outputs colored text (per + > - ! characters).
      ConsoleWrite('warning' & @TAB & '38' & @TAB & 'more text ...' & @CRLF) enables jump to line 38 on doubleclick.

Using "jump to line" format, only red and pink text coloring seems possible (simply prefixing color directives to output-text disables jump to line functionality). Is it possible to combine the two (define custom color while keeping "jump to line" functionality)?
    • By lonardd
      Hi
      I have to run an executable with a parameter preceded by a /, like this:
      c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml")
      I tried both this:
      $iReturn = RunWait ("c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE"," /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml")
      and using COMSPEC as per some posted suggestions on this forum:
      Run(@comspec & ' /c "c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myexe.EXE" /filename=c:\myfolder\Tools\AutomaticRun\myTemplate.xml')
      They both seem to fail.
      Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks
      Dave

• By vyperhand
      I'm struggling to launch a VBS file via autoit using RunWait.  Due to the nature of the deployment tool I am using for said script, I only know that the .vbs files will be in the same directory as my AutoIt-generated .exe, but not what that path will be.  The path will look something like this:
      c:\programdata\vendor\lots\of\folders\randomnumber
      This is generated during deployment and I have no way of predicting the path - therefore, I am not sure how to call back to "same directory" in order to successfully launch the .vbs.
      This line is as close as I have gotten - this fires off the cmd window, but it closes immediately with out information, and the .vbs is not launched.
      RunWait (@ComSpec & " /c" & 'cscript.exe WORKPLEASE.vbs ALL /Q /NoCancel') I thought /c might be the problem, but leaving out the /c element causes me not to even see the momentary CMD window flash by.  Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
    • By lewisg
      Suddenly a RunWait command has stop working after 2 years of no errors, issues, or problems. The code uses RunWait to start Plink.exe, a command-line remote connection tool similar to UNIX ssh. I'm using it to ssh to a linux (Centos) machine, run a Perl script, and redirect the output to a file on a PC running the AutoIt script.  

$FilePath = "C:\AutoIT\LED" $FilePathPlus = $FilePath & "\plink.exe" $Code1 = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt ", @SW_SHOW) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " = ' & @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The ConsoleWrite output when cut-n-pasted into a DOS box produces the expected file so I know it works. I've also tried many variations of the function moving, adding, and changing the " and ' (quote) marks. Also tried it without the @ComSpec macro and other related functions...e.g.  ShellExecuteWait , etc.
      The PC is a Windows 10 64bit and AutoIT is version 3.3.14.2.
      Searching here and Google has not yielded any clues that helped.