IE Dropdownlist Selection

I was just going to make a GUI for the creation of a Youtube Channel, but I can't figure out how to select an Item from the Dropdownlist on this page: 

I think you have to be logged in with a Google Account, this is the important part (I think it is) from the Code:

<span  id="PlusPageCategoryHolder" >
  <select id="PlusPageCategory" name="PlusPageCategory">
  <option  value="" >Kategorie auswählen</option>
  <option  value="BRAND" >Produkt oder Marke</option>
  <option  value="COMPANY" >Unternehmen, Einrichtung oder Organisation</option>
  <option  value="ENTERTAINMENT" >Kunst, Sport oder Unterhaltung</option>
  <option  value="OTHER" >Sonstiges</option>

EDIT: I just noticed if I select ENTERTAINMENT Option (= "Kunst, Sport ...") the HiddenPlusPageCategory seems to look like that:

<input value="ENTERTAINMENT" id="HiddenPlusPageCategory" name="PlusPageCategory" type="hidden">

But I can't change it like this:

$oIE = _IECreate("https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?action_create_new_channel_redirect=1", 0, 1, 1, 0)
    $oDropDown = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "HiddenPlusPageCategory")
        _IEFormElementSetValue($oDropDown, "ENTERTAINMENT")

Edited by WannaBeGut

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      usually I do Win automations, so I have no skills at all to handle HTML forms :-/
      The script to catch and syntax check  the required information from Excel is done.
      Now I'd like to automate the upload using this form, too:
      What browser is easiest to do so? (IE, Chrome, FF) The Values $DeckCode, $DeckName, $DeckDefinition shall go to their HTML form fields finally "click" the button "upload flashcards" <table width="70%" class="cssCenter" border="0"> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Code</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckCode" type="text" id="ctlDeckCode" style="width:50%;" /> (no spaces allowed)</td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 1%">Deck&nbsp;Name</td> <td style="width: 100%"><input name="ctlDeckName" type="text" id="ctlDeckName" style="width:50%;" /> (optional)</td> <td style="width: 1%" align="right"><input type="submit" name="ctlUpload" value="Upload Flashcards" id="ctlUpload" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" style="padding-top: 5px" >Flashcard&nbsp;Text</td> <td colspan="2"><textarea name="ctlFlashcardText" rows="2" cols="20" id="ctlFlashcardText" style="height:280px;width:100%;"></textarea></td> </tr> </table> If someone kindly could jump in showing how to address just one of the input fields and how to "click" the "upload flashcards" button, I should be able to do the rest myself.
      TIA, Rudi.

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      i want to repeat this function 
      _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 2") $checkb = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"checkb") _IEAction($checkb,"click") $img = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"img") _IEAction($img,"click") _IELoadWait($oIE, "url 1") $btnfy = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"btnvfy") _IEAction($btnfy,"click") until my targeted webpage not found.
    • Fenzik
      By Fenzik
       Hello all"
      I have curious problem with com object implementation of Sapi 5.1.
      In some cases }Some Voice engines] the metods for retrieve the voice parameters fails with error :Member not exists:.
      But the Retrieved Voice object can speak the given text, so It exists and work.
      Example of this type of Engine can be this one: http://download.kobavision.be/KobaSpeech3/KobaSpeech 3 With Vocalizer Serena - English (Great Britain).exe (can work as demo)
      So my question is> Is there some way to workaround or solve this issue?
      What i tryed:
      1. Typical use of Sapi.spvoice object:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler
        $spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $voice in $spvoice.getvoices()
        msgbox(0, "Voice", $voice.getdescription())
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)

2. Implement workaround based on Nvda Screen reader sapi5 Library at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/synthDrivers/sapi5.py
      Thys code in Pascal should work, so i tryed to reproduce it in Autoit.
      Pascal code just as example:
                   for i:=0 to SOTokens.Count-1 do
                        SOToken:=SOTokens.Item(I); s:=SOToken.GetDescription(0);
      In Autoit I tryed it like this:
      $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler
        $spvoice = ObjCreate("sapi.spvoice")
      for $i = 0 to $spvoice.getvoices.count-1
      $name = $spvoice.getvoices.item($i).getdescription
      msgbox(0,"Voice", $name)
      Func MyErrFunc()
      $HexNumber = hex($oMyError.number, 8)
      Msgbox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF &"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF &"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
      Both of this methods returning same Error ("Member not exists.").
      Thanks a lot for help.
    • Robdog1955
      By Robdog1955
      I'm trying to click a button on a web page. I have added a couple of MsgBox lines to allow me to watch what happens on the page. As you can see the first half of my script enters data into text boxes on the page. I have no problem there. I just cannot click on the region buttons. The "set focus" line causes an outline to appear around the EU button and the "click button" line causes the "Pick a Region" text to disappear. Here is the code I have so far.
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://questchecker.com/") Local $iQuestID = "123456" Local $sCharacterName = "CharacterName" Local $colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE) $iCount = 0 For $oForm In $colForms $oFormElements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm) For $oFormElement In $oFormElements $iCount = $iCount + 1 Local $sTagName = StringLower($oFormElement.tagName) Local $sElementType = $oFormElement.type Local $sElementName = $oFormElement.name Switch $iCount Case 6 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, "MyRealm", 0) ; realm Case 7 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $sCharacterName, 0) Case 8 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $iQuestID, 0) EndSwitch Next Next Local $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "questForm") For $oButton In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oButton) = "US" Then MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to set focus") _IEAction($oButton, "focus") MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to click button") _IEAction($oButton, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to quit") _IEQuit($oIE) Exit  
    • Dent
      By Dent
      As the title says. I open IE11 and navigate to a page with the following HTML5 file upload container in Capture0.JPG
      I want to click Add Files but I haven't been able to. Here's the code that handles the Add Files button in Capture.JPG
      _IEGetObjectById and then using _IEAction to click it doesn't work. I can't give access to the actual page unfortunately because it's password protected.
      All suggestions welcome.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.