xiantez

SciTE Config - Syntax Color Question

9 posts in this topic

Hey Community,

I was changing around my color scheme manually for syntax highlighting. I really enjoy using a dark background color. However, this seems to be problematic because my blinking cursor is also very dark. Is there a setting in the ScITE config where I can manipulate the blinking cursor to be a different color like "white" so it is easy to spot when coding. The closest thing I found was "Caret Line Color", but this just changes the line highlight.  Your help is greatly appreciated!!

ScITE config.png

not sure how to do what you asked, but if it helps, at the very bottom bar of the SciTE window frame it shows the position (line and column) of the cursor.

ex. li=31 co=74

if @error Then
	MsgBox(262192,"",@ComputerName&" slaps "&@UserName&" around a bit with a large trout!")
	EndIf

>Exit code: 0

REAL search results

"Yeah yeah yeah, patience. How long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Although I would recommend ISN AutoIt Studio. Here's my config that will give you a nice pretty dark style. Right underneath my post is the workaround to change the caret color.

Edited by InunoTaishou

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, InunoTaishou said:

Hey InunoTaishou,

Thanks for the advice.... I have never used the ISN AutoIt Studio, what are some of the key benefits of this application? Also, I grabbed your code for the theme.... I am not sure where I need to apply it though....

scripteditor_font=Consolas
scripteditor_size=10
scripteditor_bgcolour=0x1F1F1F
scripteditor_rowcolour=0x585858
scripteditor_marccolour=0xFFFFFF
scripteditor_highlightcolour=0x3C9BFF
treefont_font=Segoe UI
treefont_size=9
treefont_colour=0x000000
default_font=Segoe UI
default_font_size=9
AU3_DEFAULT_STYLE1=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|0|0|0
AU3_DEFAULT_STYLE2=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|0|0|0
AU3_COMMENT_STYLE1=0x23BC4C|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_COMMENT_STYLE2=0x23BC4C|0x1F1F1F|0|0|0
AU3_COMMENTBLOCK_STYLE1=0x23BC4C|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_COMMENTBLOCK_STYLE2=0x23BC4C|0x1F1F1F|0|0|0
AU3_NUMBER_STYLE1=0xB5CEA8|0x1F1F1F|1|1|0
AU3_NUMBER_STYLE2=0xB5CEA8|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_FUNCTION_STYLE1=0xBD63C5|0x1F1F1F|1|1|0
AU3_FUNCTION_STYLE2=0xBD63C5|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_KEYWORD_STYLE1=0xD69C4E|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_KEYWORD_STYLE2=0xD69C4E|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_MACRO_STYLE1=0xBD63C5|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_MACRO_STYLE2=0xBD63C5|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_STRING_STYLE1=0x859DD6|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_STRING_STYLE2=0x859DD6|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_OPERATOR_STYLE1=0xDCDCDC|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_OPERATOR_STYLE2=0xDCDCDC|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_VARIABLE_STYLE1=0xB0C94E|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_VARIABLE_STYLE2=0xB0C94E|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_SENT_STYLE1=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_SENT_STYLE2=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_PREPROCESSOR_STYLE1=0x9B9B9B|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_PREPROCESSOR_STYLE2=0x9B9B9B|0x1F1F1F|0|0|0
AU3_SPECIAL_STYLE1=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_SPECIAL_STYLE2=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_EXPAND_STYLE1=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_EXPAND_STYLE2=0xC8C8C8|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_COMOBJ_STYLE1=0x00FF00|0x1F1F1F|1|1|0
AU3_COMOBJ_STYLE2=0x00FF00|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0
AU3_UDF_STYLE1=0xFF8000|0x1F1F1F|0|1|0
AU3_UDF_STYLE2=0xFF8000|0x1F1F1F|1|0|0

Although I would recommend ISN AutoIt Studio. Here's my config that will give you a nice pretty dark style. Right underneath my post is the workaround to change the caret color.

Edited by xiantez

It's the closest thing to an IDE for AutoIt that we have. Much more than just the basic Scite Editor.

Once you've got it installed, and you've ran ISN to set everything up first, there's a config.ini under D:\Users\Your Username\My Documents\ISN AutoIt Studio\Data\ You can put those values in the post in that config file. You can also edit more settings by going to File -> Settings (Under Script Editor is the colors)

As for the Macro, to change the color for the caret. Project -> Macros -> New Macro. Click the + button next to functions and make the trigger Open File. Click the + button next to Details and select Execute Command. Hit OK and use this command

SendMessage($SCE_EDITOR[_GUICtrlTab_GetCurFocus($hTab)], $SCI_SETCARETFORE, 0xFFFFFF, 0)

You can change 0xFFFFF to whatever color you want the caret to be. Save your macro and re-open your script to update the caret.

Until the updated ISN comes up you'll have to add the macro to each project, so just save the macro and import it when you start a new project.

1 person likes this

Well I am using ISN AutoIt Studio now... it is really neat... however I still have the same issues.... Cannot figure out how to change the blinking cursor color to white, since I have a black background....

The post right under where my config is (in the ISN autoit studio topic) tells you how to change the caret color (the blinking cursor is called the caret)

I also explained how to, step by step, add the macro to change the caret color in my last post in this topic.

2 hours ago, InunoTaishou said:

As for the Macro, to change the color for the caret. Project -> Macros -> New Macro. Click the + button next to functions and make the trigger Open File. Click the + button next to Details and select Execute Command. Hit OK and use this command

SendMessage($SCE_EDITOR[_GUICtrlTab_GetCurFocus($hTab)], $SCI_SETCARETFORE, 0xFFFFFF, 0)

You can change 0xFFFFF to whatever color you want the caret to be. Save your macro and re-open your script to update the caret.

Until the updated ISN comes up you'll have to add the macro to each project, so just save the macro and import it when you start a new project.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

This color is not part of the SciTEConfig options but can be manually added by adding this line in SciTEUser.properties:

# Make caret white
caret.fore=#FFFFFF

Jos

Dup Threads merged.

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Oh ok...i apologize for the confusion.... I appreciate all your help!