Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
9252Survive

Handling Indefinite Script Pause

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am in a fix with this problem and I cant seem to find a viable solution. As you would know that the AutoIT scripts can go in pause mode for many reasons. It could be simply WinWait() that could take the script into that state. I do understand that a better design could help a lot but I would like to handle such situation with existing my code. To simplify my query - I am looking for a way to calculate how long the given script/compiled script has been in "pause"  state. Is there a way to do that?  For example, if my script has been in pause state for 3 hours I would like to kill or restart  the pc . I do understand that Auto IT is not multi-threaded but is there a way to achieve what I am trying to?

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks   

35 minutes ago, 9252Survive said:

Hello,

I am in a fix with this problem and I cant seem to find a viable solution. As you would know that the AutoIT scripts can go in pause mode for many reasons. It could be simply WinWait() that could take the script into that state. I do understand that a better design could help a lot but I would like to handle such situation with existing my code.

Help us to help you: show your code.

_Timer_GetIdleTime

Returns the number of ticks since last user activity (i.e. KYBD/Mouse)

But a script thats frozen or loops endless can't act when a max is reached.  

1 hour ago, 9252Survive said:

I do understand that a better design could help a lot

@9252Survive You have answered your own question, I'm afraid. If you want to account for every possible scenario (WinWait, WinWaitActive, etc.) the responsibility will be on you the coder to do it correctly. Use the proper timeout parameters on each function for just this reason. Anything short of actually coding it correctly is, in the end, going to be a cobbled mess that causes you more issues.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• X_xkijux_x
      By X_xkijux_x
      Ok so im using this program. clarify for school. I would like to have a program that takes every word i type in microsoft word and searches on it in claryfi. is this possible. I would like to have the program not stopping me from typing more after that word. Like when i type a word it auto search it on clarify without making me stop typing and if i want to change i can do that and if im fine that word i can just keep typing and it will search after the next word. 
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Is this possible to make program works like in diagram? There is so much encryption methods and UDFs are they give security? If the $Address will be crypted with some encryption algorithm could be possible to get the value of $Address in easy way? Of course We know its easy too look into autoit code and get value of variable and so We dont want to anyone see $Address value - there are functions Could func1.au3, func2.au3.. be for example func1.php or other type of file? As we know .php files are unnable to see. For example func1 would be read by FileRead() and then Execute() Is this generally possible to do?
      Will it give secure?
      What do you think about? Maybe there is something wrong in this concept or missed.

• JaredStroeb
      By JaredStroeb
      I need to open an application and send it keys in Session 0.  I have exe's working locally, I can see the application open in session 0 through interactive services, but my send commands do not go to the application.  The following article running-autoit-session-0, directs me to use ControlSend() however my application has no controls that can be identified by AutoIt v3 Window Info.  Get All Windows Controls also returned nothing for the application's handle.  
      What are my options?  
      Can this be done with AutoIt?
      Is there a different "relatively simple" library/tool to use? (I am familiar with C# if there is a viable library there )

• nassausky
      By nassausky
      Hey all,
      Has anyone created any queries for youtube? I was thinking it might be something like this but can't quite figure it out:
      $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded() _IENavigate($oIE,"https://www.youtube.com") Local $oForms = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "form") Local $sTxt = "" For $oForm In $oForms If $oForm.id = "masthead-search" Then $oInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "input") For $oInput In $oInputs If $oInput.id = "masthead-search-term" Then _IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "cards") _IEFormSubmit($oForm) EndIf Next EndIf Next  
    • Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      Scite comes up occasional, almost incidentally, in some support topics.  I have not found a "Scite" topic in the forums, so this is where I will start.  I have recently been using Scite intensively, specifically with a large project and I have certain issues.  I know that Scite is not an AutoIt product, but it is so closely integrated to the core release that it makes sense to raise issues and request support here.  If this is not the right please refer me to the right forum.
      Thx

Skysnake