I have a script that just adds some keyboard shortcuts for things like displaying the current song and artist, moving the window to the side so it won't pop up in my way, and play/pause, next song, previous song (these are the only 3 to still work since they don't need the window handle.)
In some update recently, Spotify's window class swapped from "[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]" to "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]". Using the new class in my controls doesn't seem to work, I've tried getting the window handle from the process handle (_GetHwndFromPID($PID)) but that seems to fail as well.
Does anybody have some idea of a way I could get this script working again?
edit: seems like discord has the same window class name, so could be some issue with this? Still not sure of a way to solve the issue though, I added a function to get the handle of the active window and can just use that now, but it was able to find it on its own before on spotify startup or script startup which would be preferred.
hey, can anybody enlighten on lesser known Windows hacks or uses ?
I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10.
The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is
AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.
When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem.
Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10?
Any advice is appreciated
I have enabled admin sharing in the remote machine so that I can copy files to the remote machine use PSEXEC to execute our application remotely.
Now, if the machine is poweredoff we need to poweriton. So I checked whether the remote machine, it is of both VirtualBox or VMWare one. For VirtualBox or VMware, I have found command line utities to poweron. But to autologon by skipping the login screen.Can anyone suggest how to do the same.If it is a physical machine, then there is no need to poweron but autologon is required. I am trying for windows machines.Win 7 at present. For VirtualBox I checked below link with help og guestadditions but not working. http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#autologon The below procedure will save the password in that machine and it will logon automatically. http://www.howtogeek.com/112919/how-to-make-your-windows-8-computer-logon-automatically/ But it will give access to everyne.But my opinion is he should access only if have credentias.I mean through any commandline from another machine he should trigger logon also by passing credentials. Similarly this also http://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/ http://superuser.com/questions/28647/how-do-i-enable-automatic-logon-in-windows-7-when-im-on-a-domain http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/auto-logon-windows-7.htm http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/windows7/windows7_auto_logon.htm https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872306.aspx Please guide me how to proceed.
I've been using autoit for about a year now and overall it's been great despite my limited understanding of all of its features. I have several scripts that run on virtual machines that have been running smoothly for several months without any issues. Recently, I had to create new virtual machines and migrate my scripts over and now I am getting errors that I can't seem to repeat, but seem to happen at least once a day with all of my executables that were flawless before.
The error that I keep getting is:
Line [this number varies per script] (File "[path to my executable]"); Error: variable must be of type object.
I never received this error before until I moved everything to the new VMs, and when I rerun my scripts after clearing the error everything seems to work and run fine until hours later or sometimes the next day. I am assuming that that the root cause may be in some kind of settings on the VM itself since it is happening nearly across the board, but I have no idea where to even look. These are running on Windows 7, which is what they were running on before I had any errors.
The only consistent include used in these scripts is IE.au3
Has anyone run into a similar problem or can maybe point me in the right direction. I am at the point of pulling hair out trying to resolve this. I have even rewritten and re-compiled the scripts to see if somehow the executables got corrupted, but that didn't help.