Script not working on other computers

Iznogoud

Hello,

I have created a script on my own computer for uninstalling and installing a specific customer application. For some reason it works great on my own computer, but i doesn't run at all at the customer his or her computer.

I have a Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit machine and the first machine i have tested it at the customers location was a 32-bit machine, so ok, maybe that is the problem, but at an other computer with 64-bit it also doesn't work.

So i installed AutoIT with editior on both machines, but a simple RUN command doesn't work.

#RequireAdmin
Run("C:\TEMP\Setup2010\setup.exe")

With or without the RequireAdmin doesn't make a difference.

Could someone help me to understand why my script works great on my own computer, but when you move it to another computer it doesn't work? If you compile it or not.

Kind regards,

Remco

Hello.

What error message do you receive, or what happens, when you try to start your application?

A shot in the dark: Did you do the compilation of your AU3 script as 32bit or 64bit application? As your PC is x64 and the destination PC is 32bit you will have to compile it as a 32bit application

regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

5 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

i have tested it at the customers location was a 32-bit machine, so ok, maybe that is the problem, but at an other computer with 64-bit it also doesn't work.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

The problem was a Windows environment connect to a UNIX environment and appearantly it was some kind rights issue.

Nothing to do with the script. I copied the files to a local folder and it would work also.

But ControlClick and some other features where not working properly and i had to use the #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n switch on a 32-bit machine.

Do i really need to compile the script as a 32-bit AND a 64-bit version or can i just keep using a 32-bit compiled version for both systems?

For almost 100% of all use, also on x64 machines you are fine using scripts, that are 32bit compiled.

Avoid using x64 compiled scripts, except you should really need to compile it as x64 executable.

If you need to have two versions of a script, 32bit and 64bit, then use a third script, distingish the @OSARCH, and depending on the result fileinstall() the appropriate compiled script (MyScript32.exe, MyScript64.exe), then run(), what's needed.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!