Sign in to follow this  
alien4u

(SOLVED)ProgressBar problem with Nested For

alien4u

I was having some problems with Progressbar with  nested "FOR" Loop but I was using it unnecessarily so I end up with only one "FOR" Loop.

Here I'm sharing with you two ways of solve the progressbar problem, this is not for advanced users, this is for reference and newbies like me.

And about the progressbar using GUICtrlSetData() with one FOR Loop and variable cicles(for example cicles base of elements on Array with variable size) you can do it as fallow:
Note: Does not matter if the Array size is 50 or 5000 the progressbar will work properly.

$progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress()

Local $count = UBound($Array)
Local $imove = ((1 / $count) * 100) ; One is because you will SetData to Progress each 1 cicle.
Local $itemp = 0

For $i = 0 To UBound($Array) - 1

; Your Code could be here

$itemp += $imove
    GUICtrlSetData($progress, $itemp)

; Or your code could be here.

Next

Another way to do it and I think is more elegant or fancy is like this:

$progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress()

Local $itemp = 0
Local $count = 0
Local $intcount = Floor(Ubound($Array)/100)

For $i = 0 To UBound($Array) - 1

; Your Code could be here

If Mod($i, $intcount) == 0 Then
        $count = $count+1
        GUICtrlSetData($progress, $count)
    EndIf

; Or your code could be here.

Next

Kind Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u
Problem Solved and Show some examples, Fixed Typo
  • Like 1

alien4u

I Edit my post because I solve my problem and write two examples for people that may need it.
And newbies like me.

Kind Regards
Alien.

Skysnake

thank you

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

alien4u
1 hour ago, Skysnake said:

thank you

Your welcome is nice to know it help someone.

Kind Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u

Skysnake
If Mod($i, $intcount) == 0 Then
        $count = $count+1
        GUICtrlSetData($progress, $count)
    ElseIf

I am sure that the ElseIf should in fact be EndIf...  Gives a smooth ride :)

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

alien4u

Hi @Skysnake you are right, I fix it. Thank You.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• rm4453
      By rm4453
      Hello,

I am currently writing a program that parses a massive table from a website, and need a way to add a progress bar while parsing.
      I am currently using the function _IETableWriteToArray($oObj, True) to parse the array. I need the progress bar to update as the table is parsed, not just at the end of the parsing.
      Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

*EDIT --> The array I am left with after parsing is $array[0-50000][16]
    • VollachR
      By VollachR
      Hi,
      I'd like to show a progress bar for an operation performed by an external program my script is running silently, I want to show it in a GUI I created using the GUICtrlCreateProgress but I have no idea how to do it.
      The important thing to point out is that there's no way of knowing how long the external program will run, as it is a file splitter and it depends on the size of file it splits and the split parts size.
      Can someone point me in the right direction or give me an example how to do so?
      This is my RunWait command:
      RunWait($MYFILES1 & '\fsplit.exe -split ' & $Size & ' mb ' & $File & " -f " & $File & "." & $extension) It uses multiple variables declared and set earlier in the script, how will I got about having the progress of that command shown using GUICtrlCreateProgress ? Is it possible?
      Thank you.
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi guys,

Wondering, is there a better way, likely to use 'for...next' to add a letter to each range, by moving right -> along a range of columns in excel.
      I currently use this, but its clunky.
      If $run = 1 Then $range = "B6:B41" If $run = 2 Then $range = "C6:C41" If $run = 3 Then $range = "D6:D41" If $run = 4 Then $range = "E6:E41" If $run = 5 Then $range = "F6:F41" If $run = 6 Then $range = "G6:G41" If $run = 7 Then $range = "H6:H41" If $run = 8 Then $range = "I6:I41" If $run = 9 Then $range = "J6:J41" If $run = 10 Then $range = "K6:K41" If $run = 11 Then $range = "L6:L41" If $run = 12 Then $range = "M6:M41" If $run = 13 Then $range = "N6:N41" If $run = 14 Then $range = "O6:O41" If $run = 15 Then $range = "P6:P41" If $run = 16 Then $range = "Q6:Q41" If $run = 17 Then $range = "R6:R41" If $run = 18 Then $range = "S6:S41" If $run = 19 Then $range = "T6:T41" If $run = 20 Then $range = "U6:U41" If $run = 21 Then $range = "V6:V41" If $run = 22 Then $range = "W6:W41" If $run = 23 Then $range = "X6:X41" If $run = 24 Then $range = "Y6:Y41" If $run = 25 Then $range = "Z6:Z41" If $run = 26 Then $range = "AA6:AA41" If $run = 27 Then $range = "AB6:AB41" If $run = 28 Then $range = "AC6:AC41" If $run = 29 Then $range = "AD6:AD41" If $run = 30 Then $range = "AE6:AE41" If $run = 31 Then $range = "AF6:AF41" If $run = 32 Then $range = "AG6:AG41" If $run = 33 Then $range = "AH6:AH41" If $run = 34 Then $range = "AI6:AI41" If $run = 35 Then $range = "AJ6:AJ41" If $run = 36 Then $range = "AK6:AK41" If $run = 37 Then $range = "AL6:AL41" If $run = 38 Then $range = "AM6:AM41" If $run = 39 Then $range = "AN6:AN41" If $run = 40 Then $range = "AO6:AO41" If $run = 41 Then $range = "AP6:AP41" If $run = 42 Then $range = "AQ6:AQ41" If $run = 43 Then $range = "AR6:AR41" If $run = 44 Then $range = "AS6:AS41" If $run = 45 Then $range = "AT6:AT41" If $run = 46 Then $range = "AU6:AU41" If $run = 47 Then $range = "AV6:AV41" If $run = 48 Then $range = "AW6:AW41" If $run = 49 Then $range = "AX6:AX41" If $run = 50 Then $range = "AY6:AY41"  
      Normally, if it was going down the rows, i'd use this:

For $i = 0 To UBound($iRowCount) - 1 $row = $i + 1 $range = "B"&$row&":B"&$row+1 Next  
      so something like this, but i don't know how to code sequential columns:
      For $i = 0 To UBound($iColCount) - 1 $col = $i + 1 $range = $col&"1:"&$col&"40" Next  
      If I don't make sense, let me know.
      Any help would be great. thanks
    • BrewManNH
      By BrewManNH
      I have created a UDF that will allow you to easily create a customizable GUI with either a standard progress bar or a marquee style progress bar. You can change the size and back ground color of the GUI, as well as the font, font size, and color of the text. The function doesn't require any parameters to operate, but the default text is very generic so you probably would want to set that at the very least.
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!