4 posts in this topic
I need to read log files into an array to search for errors. However when I display the array I get garbage or "chinese characters". Our developers say they are using UTF-8, but FileGetEncoding says the logs are "2048" or $FO_UTF16_BE_NOBOM (2048) = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian (without BOM) from the Encoding codes in FileOpen().
There is an app called Detenc that detects the encoding used by files. You have to guess, but it returns correctly when I set the Encoder for UTF-8. I understand Encoding is not etched in stone, but the first character of the file is a capital B, using HxD Hex Editor.
I even have another topic here about running PowerShell to reencode the file so AutoIt will store the file properly in the array - See:
So I am trying to figure out why AutoIt thinks my logs are not UTF-8.
Here is sample code:
#include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $aRetArrayFile _FileReadToArray("C:\Logs\Myplayer1.log", $aRetArrayFile) _ArrayDisplay($aRetArrayFile) I won't post the results as it is illegible, but I did attach a screenshot of the _ArrayDisplay results, and this is the first line of the Log file:
BANNER 10/10/2017 15:56:00 ====================================================================== And the Hex from the beginning of the file:
42 41 4E 4E 45 52 20 31 30 2F 31 30 2F 32 30 31 37 20 31 34 3A 33 31 3A 33 35 20 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 0D 0A 42 41 4E 4E 45 52 20 So I don't understand why AutoIt thinks the file is UTF16 BE.
If I can get the Powershell script running, I have a workaround.
BTW none of my other arrays display as garbage, just the log files.
Rereading my post, what seems to be missing is the question. I guess my question is, does anyone know why these logs are being displayed incorrectly?
I need to read a log file into an array, but the log file is encoded as $FO_UTF16_BE_NOBOM (2048) = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian (without BOM) per FileGetEncoding (it returns 2048).
I have searched how to convert these log files to UTF-8 and finally found a Powershell command. Since then I have been racking my brain trying to get the function to work. The command itself works from a Powerscript prompt:
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content C:\Logs\Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 C:\Logs\Myplayer1.log This is my sandbox;
#include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $aArrayLogFile Local $sLogDir = "C:\Logs\" Local $sLogFile = "Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log" Local $sConvertedLog = "ConvertedLog.log" Local $sLogDirFile = $sLogDir&$sLogFile RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) _FileReadToArray($sLogDirFile, $aArrayLogFile) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayLogFile) Also tried
RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) and
ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"," -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) Tried without -Command and a bunch of other parameters that were sprinkled throughout the internet from people trying to get this to work.
When I am trying to compile the autoit files with aut2exe.
I am getting below error.
There is no issue in code as the same code is getting compiled on different machine.
I tried reinstalling the AUtoIT, but the issue replicates.
It's now possible to see the best compression ratio using LZMA, LZNT and Base64 compressions with differents combinations.
Nothing too complicate, you drag'n drop a file on the picture and script Test all compression types and return the ratios.
( Test duration depends of file size, slowest compression is LZNT, but all decompressions are fast )
Free to you after, to choose the compression(s) you want...
Yes, LZMA needs a dll ( embedded & compressed in script ) but brings a powerfull compression.
It opens scite with your file compressed to an au3 script with or without decompression function as you want.
Hold Left Shift key when clicking button for just copy script to clipboard.
Use the 3 compressions at a time works but doesn't give a good ratio, that's why i don't display it.
Usefull for little files you want include in your scripts !
No externals files needed, they are already in script.
Previous downloads : 1103
Source and Executable
BinaryToAu3Kompressor will be added to the next version of >SciTEHopper
Thanks to Ward for his >Base64.au3 and LZMA.au3, and trancexx for his >LZNT functions and his >Base64Decode function.