Sign in to follow this  
Reizvoller

FastFind and the Pixel Values

Hello,

I am using the addon-library of FastFind.au3  found here :

The script I've put together is rather simple but it's returning a value that I don't understand.

#include "FastFind.au3"
#Include <WinAPI.au3>
#RequireAdmin

WinActivate ("ABC Window")

Local $xyzWindow = WinGetHandle ("ABC Window")

Local $triangleSpot = FFSnapShot (212, 216, 214, 218, 1, $xyzWindow)

ConsoleWrite ($triangleSpot&@CR)

Local $triangleData = FFGetRawData (1)
Local $splitTriangleData = StringSplit ($triangleData, "00")

Local $iMax

If isArray ($splitTriangleData) Then
   $iMax = Ubound ($splitTriangleData)
   ConsoleWrite ($iMax)
EndIf

So here's the question...

If the area I have selected is a total of 4 pixels , why is the UBound return value 26?

I thought that maybe it was getting values for the 4 along with the surrounding pixels bordering the selected area, even still , it should provide only 16 values(or so I thought). 

I feel that there is a bit of pixel data or something that I am not fully understanding. If anyone could please provide materials on what is happening I'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you for your time!

-Reiz

PS : I used terms like "triangleSpot" and such because in the actual window there is a small triangle icon that I am trying to gain the pixel data of to then search for others like it on the page. I understand the area that I am selecting is a square/rectangle and not a triangle. 

34 minutes ago, Reizvoller said:

I feel that there is a bit of pixel data or something that I am not fully understanding. If anyone could please provide materials on what is happening I'd really appreciate it. 

I think the author of the UDF will know it best by the way a rectangle 212/216 - 214/218 has 9 pixels:

Dim $iPixels=0
For $x=212 To 214
    For $y=216 To 218
        $iPixels+=1
    Next
Next
ConsoleWrite($iPixels&@CRLF)

maybe the params are not in the order the author excpected, see result:

Dim $iPixels=0
For $x=212 To 216
    For $y=214 To 218
        $iPixels+=1
    Next
Next
ConsoleWrite($iPixels&@CRLF)

As the author of the code hasn't been on this forum in over a year I am a little doubtful in successfully reaching out to them and getting a reply. With that being said thank you for the recount.

With a grid of 9 pixels being checked if I get a value of 25 out that would make sense as that is the wanted 9 and 16 "Edge" pixels.

I at this point am guessing it's how I am StringSplit -ing the FFGetRawData. I am right now using the "00" to delineate items but I'd ideally like to just count X number of characters and separate them into chunks that way. 

The output from $triangleData is FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00FFFFFF00

It then is passed through the splitter looking for "00" which then should make blocks of "FFFFFF" , a total of 9 times.

$iMax gets it's value by Ubound ( $splitTriangleData) which gives me 20 according to my script but if the output above from triangleData is accurate, how can that be? Any ideas?

I suggest to read the docu:

Return Value

Success:It returns a string stride with the Raw bytes of the SnapShot in 8 Hex digits (BGRA) of pixels from left to right, top to bottom ; every pixel can be accessed like this: StringMid($sStride, $pixelNo *8 +1 ,8) and you get for example 685E5B00 (blue = 68, green = 5E, red = 5B, alpha = 00).

Failure:Returns -1 and sets @ERROR

Remarks

This function is designed for advanced users only, as an example of how to use the GetRawData DLL function. In most cases, FFGetPixel is easier to use and fast enough.

Your script show me it's not designed for you (yet). So train your AutoIt skills and try after it again.

Edited by AutoBert

You are fantastically helpful! Thank you so much and I will be more diligent in re-reading the material in the future. Thank you for pointing out my error. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      goodmorning; autoit team
      please their are any youtube search way working?
      because i was using the get source and split it to get the result but know it does not working any way.
      is the youtube disabled that? and is their any other simple way to do that?
      i tested all examples found in this post but also it don't work
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/123945-youtube-search/
      and here is the example that i use to and it don't work any more
      local $hSearchOpenHNDL, $hSearchConnect, $sSearchGet local $a_UrlsArray[1][5] local $b_ButtonsDisabled = false, $b_SearchBTNFocus = false, $b_SearchListFocus, $h_SearchFocusHND local $Return = "0" local $s_OpenStringY = "/feed/trending" local $ChannelUrl = "", $channelName = "" if Not ($a_YoutubeSearchArray[0][0] = 0) then GUICtrlSetData($searchInp, $s_youtubeSearchLastSearch) $s_OpenStringY = "/results?search_query=" & StringReplace(GUICtrlRead($searchInp), " ", "+") $a_UrlsArray = $a_YoutubeSearchArray for $i = 1 to $a_UrlsArray[0][0] _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($SearchList, $a_UrlsArray[$i][0] & $a_UrlsArray[$i][2] & $a_UrlsArray[$i][3]) next _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($SearchList, $I_youtubeSearchLastIndex-1) GUICtrlSetState($SearchList, $GUI_focus) else if Ping("youtube.com", 1000) > 1 then $hSearchOpenHNDL = _WinHttpOpen('') if not (@Error) then $hSearchConnect = _WinHttpConnect($hSearchOpenHNDL, "youtube.com") if Not (@Error) then $sSearchGet = _WinHttpSimpleRequest($hSearchConnect, "get", $s_OpenStringY) if not (@Error) then local $a_strings = _StringBetween($sSearchGet, '<a href="/watch', "<ul") local $title = "" local $url = "" local $length = "" local $result = "" GUICtrlSetData($SearchList, "") ReDim $a_UrlsArray[1][5] for $i = 0 to UBound($a_strings)-1 $url = _StringBetween($a_strings[$i], "?", '"') if @error then ContinueLoop $url = "https://www.youtube.com/watch?" & $url[0] $title = _StringBetween($a_strings[$i], 'dir="', '</a>') if @error then ContinueLoop $title = $title[0] $title = StringRegExpReplace($title, '(.*\"\>)', "") if StringRegExp($a_strings[$i], '[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}', 0) = 1 then $length = StringRegExp($a_strings[$i], '[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}', 2) elseIf StringRegExp($a_strings[$i], '[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}', 0) = 1 then $length = StringRegExp($a_strings[$i], '[0-9]{1,2}\:[0-9]{1,2}', 2) else $length = "" endIf if IsArray($length) then $length = ": (" & $length[0] & ")" else $length = "" endIf $ChannelUrl = stringRegexpReplace($a_strings[$i], '(^.*?<a.*?\"(\/user|\/channel))+', "$2") $channelName = stringRegexpReplace($ChannelUrl, '(.*?\".*?>)(.*</a>)+', "$2") $ChannelUrl = stringRegexpReplace($ChannelUrl, '(\".*)+', "") $channelName = stringRegexpReplace($channelName, '(</a>.*)+', "") $result &= $title & @crlf & $url & @crlf ReDim $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)+1][5] $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][0] = $title $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][1] = $url $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][2] = $length if not ($channelName = "") then $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][3] = ", (" & $channelName & ")" if not ($channelUrl = "") then $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][4] = "https://www.youtube.com" & $channelUrl $a_UrlsArray[0][0] = UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1 _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($SearchList, $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][0] & $length & $a_UrlsArray[UBound($a_UrlsArray)-1][3]) next endIf endIf endIf endIf endIf  
      i hope any one can help me
      thanks in advance
    • By Luigi
      Greetings,

Someone can help-me to translate this Python's code to AutoIt?

Python (source: https://repl.it/repls/InstructiveDarkslategreyJackrabbit)
      str = 'age=12,name=bob,hobbies="games,reading",phrase="I\'m cool!"' key = "" val = "" dict = {} parse_string = False parse_key = True # parse_val = False for c in str: print(c) if c == '"' and not parse_string: parse_string = True continue elif c == '"' and parse_string: parse_string = False continue if parse_string: val += c continue if c == ',': # terminate entry dict[key] = val #add to dict key = "" val = "" parse_key = True continue elif c == '=' and parse_key: parse_key = False elif parse_key: key += c else: val+=c dict[key] = val print(dict.items()) Python's output:
      [('phrase', "I'm cool!"), ('age', '12'), ('name', 'bob'), ('hobbies', 'games,reading')] AutoIt
      #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> Global $opt $opt = "estado = """" , cep = """", idade=32, nome = ""Luismar"", campo=""campo = campo""" $opt = "age=12,name=bob,hobbies=""games,reading"",phrase=""I\'m cool!""" ConsoleWrite($opt & @LF) Local $arr = StringSplit($opt, "", $STR_CHRSPLIT) Local $key = "" Local $val = "" Local $dict = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") Local $parse_string = False Local $parse_key = True Local $c For $ii = 1 To $arr[0] $c = $arr[$ii] If $c == '"' And Not $parse_string Then $parse_string = True ContinueLoop ElseIf $c == """" And $parse_string Then $parse_string = False ContinueLoop EndIf If $parse_string Then $val &= $c ContinueLoop EndIf If $c = "," Then $dict.Add($key, $val) $key = "" $val = "" $parse_key = True ContinueLoop ElseIf $c == "=" And $parse_key Then $parse_key = False ElseIf $parse_key Then $key &= $c Else $val &= $c EndIf Next $dict.Add($key, $val) ; missing this line... For $each In $dict ConsoleWrite($each & " = " & $dict.Item($each) & @LF) Next AutoIt's output
      age=12,name=bob,hobbies="games,reading",phrase="I\'m cool!" age = 12 name = bob hobbies = games,reading  
      Best regards.

• By dejhost
      Happy New Year everyone!
      I would like to extract the color values of certain pixels in an image.  This is how I picture the workflow: 
      User opens an image of his choice. Image is shown on the screen. User draws a line into the image. This happens by marking the startpixel and the endpixel of the line The line is drawn, so the user can check visually if he is happy with the line.  The following pixel based properties belonging to the line are stored in Excel: X-Coordinate Y-Coordinate Color Value Additional operations: Extracting for max- and min. color values; Statistical operations.   Browsing through the helpfile of AutoIt I find plenty of functions for treating images (e.g. GDIPlus), but I am completely unsure if Autoit will get me there. Should I read the entire image into an array? Should I rather attempt to script an external image software (e.g. IrfanView, Gimp)?
      I would be very thankful if someone could give some recommendations and maybe list a couple of the most important commands to use.
      Thank you very much.
      Dejhost

• By Nick3399
      I have loaded FastFind into my code and it takes a snapshot and creates a BMP file from it. 
      My issue is now I want to imagesearch from that BMP file (or snapshot memory) and look for a specific image from that image and get the coordinates from that. 
      I have looked at all the documentation but I cannot find anything to assist me.

Does anyone have any idea?